• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is your Hero?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Who do you look up to? Who do you admire? Who is your Hero? Family member? Friend? Some famous individual?

My hero is my Granny. She's one of my best friends and she always there for me. Now that I 'm older she's a really good person to talk to and I thank her for it. The other night we were in the livingroom drinking wine talking about "grown-up things" and I just had several flashbacks of when I was younger, her picking me up from school and taking me to the coffee shop on the highstreet, just how things have changed since then. She has the most interesting history and I love hearing about it. She was in a beauty contest, denies being a hippie(thought I bet she was), she sang at Mods(Scottish music event) and was a nurse for years. She then emigrated to Australia with my Grandad, had kids, moved back to Scotland....then...nothing...happened until I was born....>_>

So...who's your hero?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Bruce Lee aside when it comes to famous individuals, I'll cheezishly point to my Father. He's always been there for me when I needed him, we hang out often like buddies, and he helped me get into Martials Arts. Though he studies Japanese Martial Arts and I practice Chinese Martial Arts. I greatly admire his 40+ years of musical experience & talent (Guitar & Bass), I really like the fact that he doesn't let other people negatively get to him.

I don't want to grow up to be like him, but I do enjoy learning from him.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I don't really have a hero, so to speak. There are a handful of people who I really admire, but no one who I feel really fits your definition of hero.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
N/A I can not think of any.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Audie Murphy, google him and watch to Hell and Back.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
The Beatles.
my dad worships them, and it rubbed off on me growing up. i've been wired to be incapable of having a bad thought about them.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Jim Butcher. I strive to one day be able to reach that quality of writing in the fantasy genre.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Famous people? Ringo Starr, never gave up even while at his friends' shadow.
Normal people? I can't think of any, will edit if something comes to mind.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
my hero is cptn. kirk, or my buddy melissa! or ben finn

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
i idolize ghandi. that guy must be the most epic troll in all of world history.

You ever see the movie? Lol it's great one part he says "intead of a protest to the work, we will have a national day of prayer and fasting, of course no work can be done..."

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
You ever see the movie? Lol it's great one part he says "intead of a protest to the work, we will have a national day of prayer and fasting, of course no work can be done..."

tumblr_lbzubbdRED1qd34kso1_500.png

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I changed my mind, I idolize some friends for their traits.

Christian: For his ability to constantly speak in a Shakespearean voice (He always speaks properly and in an old fashioned way) and his incredible kindness.

Collin: He is much like a cooler version of me.

Josh: Majoring in philosophy and is a Bodybuilder.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Teh Hermit is pretty cool, for being my first sort-of friend on the forums, and getting me in the in-crowd (or at least the outer rims of the in-crowd). But he's not my hero.

No, the only one that comes anything close to being my hero is the one and only
Leonardo Da Vinci.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't have heroes, as such, but there are a few whom I admire for the way they handle themselves and situations when things get crazy. One worth noting is a man called Dave Turner, a pastor originally from South Africa, and someone who has kept his integrity intact and remained humble regardless of the trouble he's had to go through in recent times. You can admire someone when the mud is flung at them and not a scrap of it sticks; that's Mr. Turner.

Another person is a lady I know called Kerensa - again, someone who has been through the wringer but remained above reproach at all times, despite gossip mongers, haters and people who just like it when you crash and burn.

Thirdly, I'd say Steve. I don't know anyone else who has as much patience, grace, humility and calmness as my husband. As infuriating as it can be at times to never win an argument, it's good to know he's always got our best interests at heart and that he's a level head when things are not going well. Reliable, honest and entirely trustworthy. The kind of character I wish I had but know I could probably never manage (I'm way too hotheaded :lol:)

WindChild

Reaction score
I think my biggest hero is my dad. He married the first and only love of his live and now has been married to her for 18 years. Even though he has an education for car-mechanics he has never worked as one :p. He suffered a serious hernia but healed OK from it. He's not that special but he's my dad.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I wouldnt call it a hero, no I wouldnt, but I admire some people in my life.

My best friend, who I have known for 13 years, My Old outdoor Educatoion, He was awesome, and just incredible.

I dont really admir eor idolise famous people that much, just cause I dont know them personally.