• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do you guys blame peter Molyneux

T

the red soldier

Re: Why do you guys blame peter Molyneux

You have a point of mele human armies to be weak agaisn't creatures but the archers if in more then 150 killed my creature easily.

It was annoying after a while.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;67541 said:

Pffft. For the English version there is supposed to be a patch to fix that DEATH-thing. Unfortunately, living in Sweden, my game (Oh the horror!) was translated into Swedish with dull voice actors - and no patch to remove that annoying wench screaming DÖD.

No patch for me. I had to deal with "Death" the whole time I played. At least mine wasn't screaming. :lol: I thought I was just going crazy to be honest.

T

the red soldier

Theres always a little voice screaming death in my head:(

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

the red soldier;67566 said:
Theres always a little voice screaming death in my head:(

I used to aswell... but when I started hearing Heponinulael the Fallen, the other voices... sorta.... dissapeared.

F

FableFreak

03scfr;67192 said:
Look you guys , you all say he needs to die. but if you think about it, and listen to him in his video interview at GDC he even tells you that microsoft told him not to reveal the dog but he said back at them "look we'v got to tell them"
so think about that also if you agre tel me if don't tell me why you don't

I never said I hated him. Ever. As I recall it was WierdKidInABox who first said that...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, as I cannot create games, I don't think I can personally slate someone who does seeing as I do not have the ability to do better. If I were better than PM, then I'd be more qualified to pass him off as someone who isn't as good as he should be or whatever - but in my eyes he is great at what he does. I am but a simple consumer of Fable goods, after all...

F

FableFreak

He does make some great games. Lionhead relly churns what one might call a delicious swirl of entertainment.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;67541 said:
Pffft. For the English version there is supposed to be a patch to fix that DEATH-thing. Unfortunately, living in Sweden, my game (Oh the horror!) was translated into Swedish with dull voice actors - and no patch to remove that annoying wench screaming DÖD.

Oh my god... you mean we got something someone else didnt!? Time for a party i think! Mark the day on the calender or something...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

03scfr;67192 said:
Look you guys , you all say he needs to die. but if you think about it, and listen to him in his video interview at GDC he even tells you that microsoft told him not to reveal the dog but he said back at them "look we'v got to tell them"
so think about that also if you agre tel me if don't tell me why you don't

Yeeeesh- one person (namely me) says Peter deserved the death penalty and now the whole forum is classified as Peter haters. Talk about people talking something way out there and putting people all under one banner. Did you just read my one post then fire up this topic or did you take time to read some of the replies to my post because if you did you would have not have tarred the other forum members with the same brush.

Hate to break the news to you 03scfr but me and the rest of the forum members- we're not the same people. Most forumies here whinged big time about me saying PM deserved the death penalty- which actually doesnt mean I want to kill him myself for those of you who may think I am a secret mass murderer or something.

Im ambivilent to Molyneux, I can take him or leave him. He is a bullsh*tter though and I can see where people come from when they say they do hate him. His revolutionary ideas usually turn out not to be revolutionary and he hypes things way too much for his own good and its own fault why a lot of people dislike/hate him. He hypes them up to the Nth degree about something their passionate about (gaming and gaming innovations) and then lets them down big time.

In future dont disrepect the other forum members just because one person said something very stupid, in this case it was me and I have apologised for it and already said it was OTT.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;67848 said:
Oh my god... you mean we got something someone else didnt!? Time for a party i think! Mark the day on the calender or something...

If you aren't dancing before, you will now: The cool little winamp plug-in to make your creature rock-out to your favourite music doesn't work for the craptacular Swedish version, nor does any other official plug-in.... :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;67864 said:
Im ambivilent to Molyneux, I can take him or leave him. He is a bullsh*tter though and I can see where people come from when they say they do hate him. His revolutionary ideas usually turn out not to be revolutionary and he hypes things way too much for his own good and its own fault why a lot of people dislike/hate him. He hypes them up to the Nth degree about something their passionate about (gaming and gaming innovations) and then lets them down big time.

Hes a genius designer with a great gaming mind he just has a hard time getting those amazing ideas out of his mind and into a game that works damn well. Plus people moan at him for over hyping things and releasing to much info then they moan at him for saying nothing and also for letting them down on the 'big' secret which obviously wont be the 'only' secret we will see and im sure there will be more to impress people than the dog.

Tsuyu;67872 said:
If you aren't dancing before, you will now: The cool little winamp plug-in to make your creature rock-out to your favourite music doesn't work for the craptacular Swedish version, nor does any other official plug-in.... :lol:

Well not that ive ever heard of it but will say... good for us anyway :lol:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;67878 said:
Hes a genius designer with a great gaming mind he just has a hard time getting those amazing ideas out of his mind and into a game that works damn well. Plus people moan at him for over hyping things and releasing to much info then they moan at him for saying nothing and also for letting them down on the 'big' secret which obviously wont be the 'only' secret we will see and im sure there will be more to impress people than the dog.

One of Peter's greatest flaws is that he comes up with these amazing ideas that are very hard, if not impossible, to put in a game with the technology of today.... and sometimes slipping a bit too much of these ideas to the public before thinking about how to work them out in the game.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;67878 said:

Well not that ive ever heard of it but will say... good for us anyway :lol:

Yes, genious designer and all that- hard time getting ideas to fruition- yeah probably. But he still cant shut his mouth and all too frequently people take his word about features as gospel truth and when that doesnt pan out it makes people very angry.

I dont mind if people dont release info about games, I dont moan about it, in fact I prefer it that way. I didnt know anything at all about the original Fable 1 except what I assumed from the television campaign until I got it for Christmas- same applies to most games I have bought and really loved- when you have no great expectations of a game it cannot let you down or fail to meet the hype because you dont know the hype and dont have those expectations. It keeps thing more tantalising and maybe a few small tidbits of info here and there are required to maintain interest but nothing drastic.

His big secret for Fable 2 was one of the first things he ever commented on about Fable 2- so hence his big secret wasnt really a big secret. Other secrets have, hopefully, been better kept on his behalf.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, as I said, he is a bit of a dreamer with great ideas but sometimes spill the info about his dreams to the public before or while they are checking if the dream is feasable...:unsure:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;67899 said:
Well, as I said, he is a bit of a dreamer with great ideas but sometimes spill the info about his dreams to the public before or while they are checking if the dream is feasable...:unsure:

Which is why hes trying his best to keep tight lipped now... :p

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;67901 said:
Which is why hes trying his best to keep tight lipped now... :p

Maybe a little too tight lipped. but I think he learned from Fable, that if he says things about the game before the release, it might not make it into the game and disappoints a lot of people. (Who get there hopes up)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Hahaha I bet he's exploding with information right now...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

droded;67912 said:

:lol:

Peter: ".....Must..not...tell..everyone..about..my..genius....*shake shake*"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;67908 said:
Maybe a little too tight lipped. but I think he learned from Fable, that if he says things about the game before the release, it might not make it into the game and disappoints a lot of people. (Who get there hopes up)

If he says nothing he can disappoint no-one with his claims and if it is much better than Fable he can disappoint only a few people (no-ones ever fully happy)

droded;67912 said:

Yeah i know that much for sure, i can tell with every interview i watch.