• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does everyone hate me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceJesus

Reaction score
I'm 100 percent good, everyone's rent is free and all the shop prices are set to low. I've never killed a person, and I've kept up with the houses. Still 9/10 people hate me, and the others are neutral. What did I do that made people hate me...? I'm confused.

Aruu

Reaction score
If you've completed the game, did you save enough people from the Crawler's attack? If you didn't, that's probably why they hate you. Or did you make a lot of the 'evil' choices during the run down to the attack? Like breaking promises and such?

RiceJesus

Reaction score
If you've completed the game, did you save enough people from the Crawler's attack? If you didn't, that's probably why they hate you. Or did you make a lot of the 'evil' choices during the run down to the attack? Like breaking promises and such?

See I'm way past the end, all my cities have repopulated, so I don't think it's that. And I only made 1 evil choice, and that was to make the adoption place into a brothel.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I'm 100 percent good, everyone's rent is free and all the shop prices are set to low. I've never killed a person, and I've kept up with the houses. Still 9/10 people hate me, and the others are neutral. What did I do that made people hate me...? I'm confused.

Is your character ugly, or wearing ugly clothes or anything? What exactly do they say to you?

Aruu

Reaction score
See I'm way past the end, all my cities have repopulated, so I don't think it's that. And I only made 1 evil choice, and that was to make the adoption place into a brothel.

I've heard that the people still resent you, even if they eventually come back. So it could be just that?

Reaction score
guess ya gotta run around and do friend quests for all your villagers :)

Reaction score
ive killed tons of villagers and guards and there are still alot of people that are neutral. If you havnt tried already just keep donating millions into your treasury. That seems to always help me the most even if your moral already is all the way up

RiceJesus

Reaction score
Is your character ugly, or wearing ugly clothes or anything? What exactly do they say to you?

They say "you're a people princess, aren't you?" or "i really like the way you look" and they also boo me. Some people hiss at me, heh.

RiceJesus

Reaction score
I've heard that the people still resent you, even if they eventually come back. So it could be just that?

Maybe, but everyone was neutral afterwards. All of a sudden they hate me; my first thought was that their homes needed repair but they were all at 95 percent. I fixed them all to 100 and they still all hate me. I'm confused.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
do you own alot of houses?
apparently if you leave houses in bad condition for long enough without repairing them, the occupants wil hate you, even if you repair the house afterwards

RiceJesus

Reaction score
do you own alot of houses?
apparently if you leave houses in bad condition for long enough without repairing them, the occupants wil hate you, even if you repair the house afterwards

I own all of them, but all the rent is set to free and I am constantly repairing houses. I'm tempted to evict everyone!

Sir Robin

Reaction score
ive killed tons of villagers and guards and there are still alot of people that are neutral. If you havnt tried already just keep donating millions into your treasury. That seems to always help me the most even if your moral already is all the way up

He might be right. Try donating some of your 18 million to the treasury.

RiceJesus

Reaction score
He might be right. Try donating some of your 18 million to the treasury.

B-b-but, then I'll have no money! Bwahaha just kidding. I've donated 5 million before. Should I donate more...?

Sir Robin

Reaction score
B-b-but, then I'll have no money! Bwahaha just kidding. I've donated 5 million before. Should I donate more...?

Huh... Yeah, I guess so. It couldn't hurt your standing with the people, at any rate.

Reaction score
if that doesnt work its probably just another glitch, i mean i've already run into a ton. On my one name i cant interact with any villagers anymore at all. and on my other jasper doesnt talk anymore whatsoever (not that thats a bad thing). No matter how many times i restart the glitches still are saved. My best advice for anyone is if they notice a glitch just turn off the system before it can save, but its probably already too late. They need to fix this!!!!

RiceJesus

Reaction score
if that doesnt work its probably just another glitch, i mean i've already run into a ton. On my one name i cant interact with any villagers anymore at all. and on my other jasper doesnt talk anymore whatsoever (not that thats a bad thing). No matter how many times i restart the glitches still are saved. My best advice for anyone is if they notice a glitch just turn off the system before it can save, but its probably already too late. They need to fix this!!!!

On all my accounts Jasper stops talking after fighting the Darkness, not sure why. And to get out of the not being able to interact thing, my husband killed someone and then had to pay the bounty, by interacting with the gaurds it fixed it. You could try that.

Reaction score

Maybe Your trying too hard...

Reaction score
On all my accounts Jasper stops talking after fighting the Darkness, not sure why. And to get out of the not being able to interact thing, my husband killed someone and then had to pay the bounty, by interacting with the gaurds it fixed it. You could try that.

haha! thats always a good solution to a glitch. i'll have to try it, Thanks! :) and about jasper, mine was just random i had beat the game and had already unlocked about all of the quests, didnt do anything new. Just was runnin around and went to go fast travel somewhere and noticed after a few times he hadnt said anything even when i clicked on him to interact or ask a question... but prior to this he wouldnt shut up about new stuff being in the shop even though it was the same damn things.

Status
Not open for further replies.