• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why i stopped playing this awesome game.

S

Seargant Mitch

Why i stopped playing this awesome game.

As the thread title implies, i stopped playing fable 2 (Hold onto your flaming pitchfolks people!!)
All because one bug that ****ed me off to the limit...
My wife disappeared.
I searched and searched, couldn't find her, it said she was at her house (behind oakfield demon door) and only the kid was there.
So i scoured the official forums in hope for a patch to fix it...
Nope.
nada
yip.
I stopped playing what i thought was a great game.
All because of one silly bug.

INC FLAMING DUCK AND COVER :':)':)'(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Why i stopped playing this awesome game.

yeah thats an unfortunate bug that keeps poping up. try searching in bloodstone, for some reson missing wives end up there sometimes..... or at least thats what Iv heard. Iv never had that bug befor.

I havent plaed it in months. then when the next DLC comes out Im gonna start over and it can be a new experiance.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Screw a whore in bloodstone, your wife should appear int he pub just before you do it. Female instinct, go!

rhett_thom

Lion Heart
Reaction score

the only possible glitch I've seen is I'll be in bloodstone and my wife will be walking out of the stores (probably spending the hundred dollar allowance I give her) and I'll fast travel back to my house and she's there too.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Seargant Mitch;289403 said:
As the thread title implies, i stopped playing fable 2 (Hold onto your flaming pitchfolks people!!)
All because one bug that ****ed me off to the limit...
My wife disappeared.
I searched and searched, couldn't find her, it said she was at her house (behind oakfield demon door) and only the kid was there.
So i scoured the official forums in hope for a patch to fix it...
Nope.
nada
yip.
I stopped playing what i thought was a great game.
All because of one silly bug.

INC FLAMING DUCK AND COVER :':)':)'(

I stopped playing because it got boring, but thats neither here nor there.

Did it occur after you came back from the Spire? That happened to me and I had to restart.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Arseface;289433 said:
I stopped playing because it got boring, but thats neither here nor there.

Did it occur after you came back from the Spire? That happened to me and I had to restart.

My wife divorced me after the spire. QQ

Anyways, I stopped playing 'cause it got boring.
Too easy, too quick.
I thought it was going to be better than Oblivion or Fallout 3, but I was mistaken. :'(

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

lovez 2 pwn;289436 said:
My wife divorced me after the spire. QQ

Anyways, I stopped playing 'cause it got boring.
Too easy, too quick.
I thought it was going to be better than Oblivion or Fallout 3, but I was mistaken. :'(

Gameplay wise, it's excellent. Content wise it's extremely lacking. I didn't play Fable 2 for about 2 months after I beat it, then Knothole Island came out and I played it for 2 days straight until I beat that. Now its been another 2 odd months.

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

I havent played becuase Ive done everything. Almost everything, searching the land for bugs doesnt count.

And no, gameplay wise isn't necessarily excellent at all. L2P is right on this one.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Fable 2 had great potential.
It was just struck down by it's own bugs and gameplay flaws.
In my opinion, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is better, gameplay wise, story wise (Although it was a bit generic, at least it had tons of sidequests.) and... customization-wise.

People had expected more of Fable 2 because of all the time it had in the making. Plus, it was very, very well known as a hit on the original Xbox.

In Fable 2 I found that I was not free to do what ever, as PM had said we would be. I see a trend here. Broken Promises. :(

What I find interesting, however, is that even though Oblivion has been out for like... what, 2-3 years now, it's still better?

Just my two cents though.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Elder Scrolls has always been better than Fable though. Fable wasn't even comparable to Morrowind, so it's no surprise. Elder Scrolls games are just so much, well, bigger. they can feel a little soulless in comparison at times though.

A

arcadiumelite

You stopped playign because you lost your wife...are you serious? Unless it was Lady Grey, you can get a new one, you know. If she was truly gone, the kid wouldn't be there either. Did you check the windmill?

I had never played an RPG before Fable 2, but I totally got into it and made like 13 different heroes and played each very differently and got every bit of my money's worth out of it including dlc. I will get back in with new dlc, I am sure. Trying to decide which hero to use first time...

But because I liked the RPG thing so much I picked up Oblivion GotY edition for dirtcheap and omg what a HUGE game, no wonder everyone seems disappointed in Fable2. On it's own, I think Fable2 is friendlier and I love all of it before the Spire (not a fan of the fall look in Oakfield and Fairfax), I spend so much time just running around enjoying freedom.

In Oblivion everytime I go more than six feet I've got a wolf/mountain lion/bear/bandit attacking me making it more "adventure" but not so free. Funny how I keep looking for my dog in Oblivion. Got a much nicer house, though.

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

Maybe hes hung up on her.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Lulz.

Fable is not even comparable to Oblivion.
Fable 2 was just SO hyped up though.
I guess I was expecting a lot more to it.
Plus, Fable 2 is a lot more User Friendly, and is much more simplistic.

Hey, Hexen Harlot, what do you have Oblivion for? (Console, PC?)

Sabian171

H3110 1 AM M4STUR CH33F
Reaction score

You quit...cause...you lost...your wife?! GET A NEW ONE...ITS A GAME! WTF