• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

World of Warcraft -- Worth playing again?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
the person who becomes addicted is not a moron but are just predisposed to being easily addicted.
you are absolutely right. people who don't do what i say are morons. if i tell everybody to not play a game and they play it, they are a moron.
follows the mathematical law
if X=Y
and Y=Z
then X=Z

That is, wholeheartedly said, something I completely disagree with.

I haven't said that addiction is something a person chooses. You misunderstood me. If one does not have the discipline to have any self-control, then the consequences are left for him or her to handle. The examples of games you give are all games of which I can tell you that there are more than enough people who did not get addicted to said games. Why? It's all about DISCIPLINE.

The wrong thing you made was to assume this would happen to everybody, generalize the situation, and blame the game (and possibly its developers for creating said games).

and of course the game isn't what's to blame.
any moron who doesn't listen to me and ends up getting divorced/fired/expelled because they thought i was wrong is to blame, of course.
the game isn't what's to blame
the game isn't what's to blame

throwing aside my witty, witty banter.
what i meant to say was people don't choose if they get addicted, i didn't say anything about their ability to cope with it, but if there's anything in shortage in the gaming community it's self-discipline. if a games addictive, a games addictive. but as i stated, the game isn't what's to blame

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Very well, remove the very last part of my post, about blaming the game. But it generally, indeed, comes to having discipline. Yes, the gaming community has only a few occurrences whereas discipline plays as one of the more rational parts of the mind, but that does not mean one (addict) can use lack of discipline as an excuse. There are countless instances where I've seen people saying and behaving whiney and all sad because they, apparently, failed at college because they were addicted.

If one does not have the discipline to not become addicted to something, one shouldn't whine or behave silly about it either (not directed at any of you).

TL;DR: I agree with you now, just elaborated my view on it this time.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
Aion > WOW ( IMO ) even perfect world > wow ( IMO cuz i LOOOVVEEE perfect world lol even tho i succ at it )

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I'm gonna start playing WoW. I'm just cool like that.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Wow is not worth it.

You should totally play City of Villains or some sort of other MMO, that won't suck your life away.
cause as much as some people might not agree. WoW is a big life sucker. :p

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
No. Don't get back into it. You did so well without it for this long, it's just a waste of money and time.

Played WoW from the first release to a little after Burning Crusade. The good old days when you could have special characters in your name and pets kept their unique stats when tamed.

Anyway, I'm a big PC Gamer and WoW is the closest to perfection as MMORPG's go, but the graphics are extremely outdated. And only -now- Blizzard is allowing the Goblin race to be playable? No thanks.

I suggest waiting for the new Star Wars MMORPG The Old Republic to come out to quench your MMORPG thirst.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
You can still have special characters in your name. Can't say much about the pet taming and whatnot, Hunters are boring as hell to play so I could never get one past level 20.

And yes, the graphics are baaaaaad, but I could care less about them.

And why does everyone say it is a waste of money and time? If you like something, play it! It is your leisure time, and if you enjoy WoW, then play it. If you don't mind paying for it, it isn't a waste of money either.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
You can still have special characters in your name. Can't say much about the pet taming and whatnot, Hunters are boring as hell to play so I could never get one past level 20.

And yes, the graphics are baaaaaad, but I could care less about them.

And why does everyone say it is a waste of money and time? If you like something, play it! It is your leisure time, and if you enjoy WoW, then play it. If you don't mind paying for it, it isn't a waste of money either.

I loved playing WoW when I did. I didn't mind paying for it, but later in the years, you're going to realise you wasted hundreds of dollars and then regret sinks in when you find out your son or daughter needs major surgery.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
It isn't like you would have put that 15 bucks a month into a fund for him/her. The money would have been spent elsewhere.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Why do you guys bash WoWs graphics? Do you have a computer that can run max settings? The graphics are still nice. Yes a little outdated, but it still looks amazing. The artistic design is wonderful. And graphics don't have to look Next-gen. They don't have to look like Call of Duty. As long as your game doesn't have blurry graphics and a bad LOD.. It isn't bad. It still looks good Imo.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Why do you guys bash WoWs graphics? Do you have a computer that can run max settings? The graphics are still nice. Yes a little outdated, but it still looks amazing. The artistic design is wonderful. And graphics don't have to look Next-gen. They don't have to look like Call of Duty. As long as your game doesn't have blurry graphics and a bad LOD.. It isn't bad. It still looks good Imo.

My old computer could run it at Max settings. I had two 8800gtx in SLI.

My computer that I'm currently building has one gtx 460, so I'm sure it'll run every game on Max settings.

Anyway, I'm a big PC Elitest, so I make sure my rigs are beast and prefer playing games with great graphics. Don't get me wrong, I still play StarCraft and Counter Strike Source. Luckily Valve updates the Source engine every now and then so graphics don't look too outdated (still looks better than WoW and is older than WoW). As for StarCraft, the graphics are extremely outdated but at least it was fun and it took skills to play competitively (IMO, mmorpg's take barely any skill to play. A lot of work, but no skill).

Hell, at least StarCraft has a part 2 that has amazing graphics. Anyway...

It isn't like you would have put that 15 bucks a month into a fund for him/her. The money would have been spent elsewhere.

True, but I can guarantee that if that scenario ever happened, you'd regret it.