• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

wtf blizzard, wtf?!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So Blizzard decided to kill the Diablo 3 launcher and replace it with some generic BattleNet "app" which I just downloaded.

However, it won't take my login details! Probably because I never set up a universal BattleNet account but rather just a Diablo 3 account? However, when I try to set up a BattleNet account it says my e-mail is already in used!

Why you do this to me, Blizzard?!? It worked fine with the D3 launcher, no need for this crap!

:ermm:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Tried throwing their support an email?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Problem is you have to be logged in to do so.

Brilliant system, no?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Problem is you have to be logged in to do so.

Brilliant system, no?

Have they not got a general email for support enquiries? I know your probably not on Twitter but I have often found it faster to send companies a Tweet to get responses to support matters. I will try and look into it for you when I get home and see if there is anything I can help with.

In the meantime:

Battle.net Account Update Delays

Diablo III Support

Diablo III Battle.Net Support

Technical Support Forums

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I wish they'd just dump the new launcher they have. What is wrong with separate launchers?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I'm in the same boat with my Uplay account. I feel your pain, brother. :(

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Ive never managed to get that damn thing working, such a pain.
Used to be fine, now it just completely gets in the way of being able to play any Ubisoft games. There was a huge Ubi sale on Steam recently, too, with pretty much their entirely catalogue 50-75% off, but I had to completely skip them by as, of course, anything released within the last few years comes with that damned Uplay DRM included.

Personally, I can't understand why people give Origin so much stick. EA support has been brilliant with me, whether it be by phone, live chat or email. In fact, my copy of Dead Space 2 ran out of activations recently, so I contacted EA support and they just issued me a brand new CD key.

Steam support is the absolute worst; I've never ever received a response to a support ticket within 72 hours.

Never really had to deal with Blizzard - find their newer games a bit pants, to be honest, so don't really pay much attention to them. Really not my cup of tea. Hopefully you can get your account sorted, Tsuyu.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Used to be fine, now it just completely gets in the way of being able to play any Ubisoft games. There was a huge Ubi sale on Steam recently, too, with pretty much their entirely catalogue 50-75% off, but I had to completely skip them by as, of course, anything released within the last few years comes with that damned Uplay DRM included.

Personally, I can't understand why people give Origin so much stick. EA support has been brilliant with me, whether it be by phone, live chat or email. In fact, my copy of Dead Space 2 ran out of activations recently, so I contacted EA support and they just issued me a brand new CD key.

Steam support is the absolute worst; I've never ever received a response to a support ticket within 72 hours.

Never really had to deal with Blizzard - find their newer games a bit pants, to be honest, so don't really pay much attention to them. Really not my cup of tea. Hopefully you can get your account sorted, Tsuyu.

uPlay didnt even let me register properly if I remember correctly or I registered and it has never once allowed me to login. I have managed to play all the games that it comes with, ACIV being the last one but I have to skip the sign-in part and any bonuses I may have unlocked prior.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
75% sale on Far Cry 3 on Steam a few days ago. Was really tempted to splurge and get it, but in the end Uplay was a dealbreaker. I already have Steam (which I have made peace with - I was very anti-Steam for a looooong while) why would I ever want another level of DRM ontop of Steam? Madness!

Anyhow, I am in contact with Blizzard support. We'll see how it pans out.