• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WTF I beat it already....

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: WTF I beat it already....

Arseface;232004 said:
It's not so much about the storyline in this game, just setting it up for the sequels. I will be immensly satisfied once all Albion's secrets are explained in the stories from Fable's 3, 4 and 5.

Yeah, me to. I love the tales of Albion.:)
I read all the tombstones, and found references, to tlc, and past heros. I find random books on what happened in Albion and read what they let me. there's stuff to be had even in the ruins of Oakvale.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Yeah. It requires a little thinking and searching to spot the references. "Wtf was the point?" the point is it's there for the people like me who find that sort of thing interesting. It's not required reading, because if it was, that would have left the people who didn't read it terribly confused.

As for dissenting opinions, you may have hundreds of hours in Halo 3, but I wasn't able to play it nearly that long...Plus that's a multiplayer-built game, so yes, you're more likely to have hundreds of hours.

Actually, you want to talk about bad stories, I wasn't a fan of Halo 3's :p Even though I liked the bit with the monitor at the end, I spent most of my time thinking many of the major characters were acting surprisingly, um...Stupid. But that's my opinion, and it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of Halo 3 overall. Much the same for mine and others' enjoyment of Fable 2.

At any rate, I'll repeat what I've always said: The Fable games are simply not for everyone. The giant epic stories usually occur in JRPGs, with a few notable exceptions. The Western RPGs are more about doing whatever you want (sort of like role-playing with friends, but without the, you know, friends) I remember the good old days of beating Fallout 1 in, what, fifteen to thirty minutes? There's a speed run for ten minutes on that thing. But I've repeated all this before.

F

fable2rules123

Rubnwonout;231099 said:
I didn't even see it coming. Game went to fast and I took my time about it. The game was way to easy and too short.

What was the point of tales of Albion? I didn't see references in the game really.

Will not buy fable 3.

Don't hate on Fable 2 Rubnwonout u just suck at it

E

Ehcko

I agree. The game was a let down tbh. Not saying its rubbish, but my expectations were higher.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Let everyone please share their opinions without jumping all over each other with carving knives, yes? Ta.

Personally, I love the game but did not expect to reach the end either as soon as I did. I even remember posting on another forum where someone had said they'd beaten it already that I would never get to the end for a loooong time. Then the very next night - bam! - completed. And I was sitting there for a while going "huh?"

But if there is a Fable 3 then I'm up for it - I think I'll be playing Fable games til they stop making them, to be honest. They are perfect for a gaming-loser like me so I always feel that they have been worth my time, money and effort. Not for everyone, granted, but definitely something I enjoy.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

stop defending Fable 2's **** storyline because its fables baby. It was not enticing, and i wont remember it. IT SUCKED DONKEY BONER!!!!! everything else they did just right.

Im just so dissapointed, i remember waiting for fable 2 to come out i kept hearing the theme song in my head and was so anticipated. let down

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm not defending it because it's "Fable's baby" - for a start, I see them as two separate games, not in sequence. I didn't follow the storyline and I didn't follow Fable's storyline either - I haven't a clue what was going on, really, because I was too busy just playing through the game.

I enjoy the game. Simple as.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Zarkes;232563 said:
stop defending Fable 2's **** storyline because its fables baby. It was not enticing, and i wont remember it. IT SUCKED DONKEY BONER!!!!! everything else they did just right.

Im just so dissapointed, i remember waiting for fable 2 to come out i kept hearing the theme song in my head and was so anticipated. let down

Well, the eloquence of that has left me speechless.

If people think the story line was enjoyable enough then they have every right to defend it. It was a bit lackluster but I found it enjoyable enough, it ended rather abruptly but other than that I really wouldn't get my granny panties in a twist over it. For the record- I am pretty sure most people aren't defending the game/story on the merit of Fable 1 being great- just because you have a low opinion of the game/ending/main plot doesn't mean everybody else shares that. Is it so hard to believe that people enjoyed the game and plot?

Sorry that you feel let down by it but seriously, deal with it.

R

ricky g

i beat it in about 30 hrs and im a quest junkie it is a very short game its not the epic game i thought it would be im pretty much stuck doing boring bountyhunter and assassin and sculptor quest my dog is dead so i cant do the archeaoligist quest i own everything have families and its kinda getting boring that sucks considering i just bought it a week and 1/2 ago

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;232644 said:
Well, the eloquence of that has left me speechless.

If people think the story line was enjoyable enough then they have every right to defend it. It was a bit lackluster but I found it enjoyable enough, it ended rather abruptly but other than that I really wouldn't get my granny panties in a twist over it. For the record- I am pretty sure most people aren't defending the game/story on the merit of Fable 1 being great- just because you have a low opinion of the game/ending/main plot doesn't mean everybody else shares that. Is it so hard to believe that people enjoyed the game and plot?

Sorry that you feel let down by it but seriously, deal with it.
im talking about the people going " well the storyline sucked BUT BUT BUT everything else was amazing" Man im not gunna defend anymore fable 2 sucked i giveit a 7-8 out of 10 storyline alone i give 0-10

P

penguin748

like they say......it only takes about 12hrs to beat the main storyline if you blaze right through it but it takes about 100hrs to beat everything and about 100mill to buy everything in the game

X

Xeon

Fable 2 is like a pile of clay with a questline...

K

kyukyu

I still cant beat the crucible 8/8, the last guy is lame.

How is the game on XBL? i bought 360 for fable 2 and some other games and just got xbl last night

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Xbl is great fun, especially in a multiplayer made so unique as in Fable II. You'll enjoy it no doubt. I would consider other games as "normal" on Xbl. However, I still need to work on my lecture for Uni. :'(

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

ricky g;233775 said:
i beat it in about 30 hrs and im a quest junkie it is a very short game

---->its not the epic game i thought it would be<-----

im pretty much stuck doing boring bountyhunter and assassin and sculptor quest my dog is dead so i cant do the archeaoligist quest i own everything have families and its kinda getting boring that sucks considering i just bought it a week and 1/2 ago

Uh-huh, see that? Yeah. You're all just angry bacuase you put your hopes up too high. Don't deny it. Though, PM's blabbering did put the game on a pretty high pedastal...again.

Really though, you guy's are pretty aggressive. I can tell be the amount of asterisks in use. Poor little fellows, they never wanted such a fate.

Voicing an opinion, THAT DOES MATTER(whether you wnat them to or not), I thought the story falls under the "short, but sweet" category. It had all the proper elements; love, loss, humour, action, drama, whatever-the-hell-else-was-included. But of course, I do in some way despise lengthy strories, one's that take WAYYYY too much effort to complete. Yes, I'm looking at you Final Fantasy, your children are just too long-winded for my incredibly short, but powerful, attention span. That...and I would say that It didn't feel any longer for it does not really contain one almighty element that conveins substance in a story...the cutscenes. I mean, the only ones were when you got shot, when you recorvered, the spire stuff, when you got shot again, and I think something else that included another shooting or something or other. And those weren't all too long. But this is just my thinking. (Thinking induced by lack of sleep....)

T

thebeastlyboy15

10 hours to beat it by blazing through? that seems a bit long, but, it might just be right, seeing as when i play videogames i look at the clock at four o'clock and 30 seconds later its past midnight...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah, 10 hours is not long at all these days. With RPGs reaching far over 30, people come to expect lengthy storylines as they are more immersive. They get sucked in and the experience feels all the more better. Shorties have the knack for ending just as you're getting that buzz. Me, I'm all about how it plays out. As long as it has the substance, it can be as long, or as short, as it wants to be. But like I said, I have a short attention span so....