• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox 360 Or The Xbox 360 Elite?

J

Jester.

Re: Xbox 360 Or The Xbox 360 Elite?

...thats nice look your not gonna survive here much longer being a newb
you need to play smart,
maybe google that name for info and create and separate thread upon that subject however this thread is about 360's so we have to stick to that
(jk-ing sorta)

R

-Ravan-

I'd go for the Elite if i hadn't already got the 360. Its better. Thats why it ELITE.

Z

Zingo

If the only feature the Elite has is bigger harddrive and a new paintjob i would buy the usual 360. If you don't like the games you can always sell/trade them for new ones.

And btw, you can buy custom 360 shells from some shops...

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

my parents make me save up my own money *stupid parents* im never going to be able to get the 360 =( oh by the way im 14

Z

Zingo

Why don't you get some kind of work to get the money? Where i'm from we could always make a LOAD (yes, im speaking of 500$ per month) by helping people with carwashes, mowing lawns, cleaning windows and other stuff that people wants done but are too lazy to do themselves...

R

-Ravan-

From what i hear apart from the normal 360 features. The elite has Bigger hard drive, will be able download tv programs, Additional chat, and internet facilities, and various other stuff that allows it to work better than the average 360. i know i haven't souced anything, thats cause where i read it is from my Magazine and it's not sourceable on the comp lol.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I'm probably just gonna buy the Elite, because it's, well, Elite! :lol:

And it is gonna be called Fable 2.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I got the Elite and I love it The extra HD is important if you want to download a lot of game demos and such. I've used over 30GB :lol: You can always delete old ones which I'm sure I will at some point. HDMI is another reason for the Elite but if your like me and don't have an HDTV that doesn't matter much.
Is that deal with the Core or the Premium ?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Not sure, I haven't gone too in depth with the studying of the 360, but the main reason I really want the Elite is because of the HD space, I'm really gonna need it.

J

Jester.

poopgod350;116955 said:
my parents make me save up my own money *stupid parents* im never going to be able to get the 360 =( oh by the way im 14

I did, and I was 13
so you can do it, just pony up on the cash after x-mas and birthday

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Personally, I'd never use 120 GB's of memory and I think I would be better off with the games and the normal system. I have a 360 Pro right now so I have a 20 GB hard drive that I have yet to fill. If you think you would download tons of demos, videos, and all of that jazz then I would get the Elite for all of the space.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I had (well, still have) a job to earn some money and buy myself a 360.
But when I saw the prices of games and realised I might not be able to use XBox Live, I decided to upgrade my computer and buy a new graphics card.
Since PC has (and will) have so many games I want to play. S.T.A.L.K.E.R, F.E.A.R, Spore, probably Fable 2 and so on...
Anyway, I`d buy the normal one... but it`s just me and if you have enough money, Elite would, ofcourse, be better. And if other 360 owners here say that the extra 100GB is necessary, it might be.:D

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;117663 said:
I had (well, still have) a job to earn some money and buy myself a 360.
But when I saw the prices of games and realised I might not be able to use XBox Live, I decided to upgrade my computer and buy a new graphics card.
Since PC has (and will) have so many games I want to play. S.T.A.L.K.E.R, F.E.A.R, Spore, probably Fable 2 and so on...
Anyway, I`d buy the normal one... but it`s just me and if you have enough money, Elite would, ofcourse, be better. And if other 360 owners here say that the extra 100GB is necessary, it might be.:D

I found that buying the $50 Live Card is a better deal than paying monthly. That works out if you can't have monthly bills (as you have too many now or just aren't old enough). That equates to about $4.16 which isn't that bad.

S

silentbob

one reason i'd buy the elite, it looks so cool. but im happy with my 360 with ctrlaltdel shell.

E

Eagle Est1986

I'll be getting an elite when I come back from holiday. I've got to the point that there's nothing I want to delete off my hard-drive to make room for new stuff. I know that I can just buy the hard-drive separately but I think my 360 is on the way out anyway so why not. It's also supposed to be a bit quieter running and free of heating problems. If you're not buying as a replacement console though, you've got to ask yourself if you're going to use the extra memory and if you really need the option to use hdmi. What's the point of getting a more expensive console if you don't need the extra features? Unless you really think you need the extra stuff I'd buy the pro version and spend the extra money on a few extra games and controllers.