• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Game of the Year

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
My friend's game is bugged in that after planting the ring for Brynjolf, he went to the Red Flagon to continue the Thieves Guild questline, but somewhere along the way after donning his Thief Armour he decided to return to the marketplace and peddle his fake wonder item to distract the vendors. Not only is it impossible to continue the questline, but Brynjolf has all the Riften merchants enthralled by his words 24/7 so that you can't trade with them. Day and night he tells them to "Gather around!". And so they do, hypnotized by him. Its like some freaky cult gathering. So great is his dedication that not even twenty arrows to his groin will keep him from preaching about said wonder item.

Not really GOTY material with crap like that going on.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Skyrim, I suppose.

But Skyrim's like the kid you knew was gonna be awesome from the moment it was conceived. Then grew up to be motherf*ckin' primeminister/president. Even though I voted for him, and he's doing a great job, he's still failing somehow.

And that, my children, is what we call a poorly thought-out metaphor. BUTITMAKESPERFECTSENSEKTHNXBAI

As messed up as that was, I agree. It's a perfect game for me (no glitches AT ALL) but something's.. Off. Probably because Oblivion was my first TES game and will always be my favourite.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Terraria.

*flies away*

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
My friend's game is bugged in that after planting the ring for Brynjolf, he went to the Red Flagon to continue the Thieves Guild questline, but somewhere along the way after donning his Thief Armour he decided to return to the marketplace and peddle his fake wonder item to distract the vendors. Not only is it impossible to continue the questline, but Brynjolf has all the Riften merchants enthralled by his words 24/7 so that you can't trade with them. Day and night he tells them to "Gather around!". And so they do, hypnotized by him. Its like some freaky cult gathering. So great is his dedication that not even twenty arrows to his groin will keep him from preaching about said wonder item.

Not really GOTY material with crap like that going on.

He on PC or not? I think I know a fix for this things.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Skyrim hands down.

NO CHEEZ YOU OWN A WII NOW STAWPPIT

...Stuck between Kirby's Return to Dream Land and... Rayman Origins? :'(

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
They should make the console available on the 360 version too if they decide to ship games in this state.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They should make the console available on the 360 version too if they decide to ship games in this state.

I agree to be honest, least people could make work arounds then.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I agree to be honest, least people could make work arounds then.
Good idea really, the console on PC has gamepad support and all else anyone needs is simply a keyboard.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Star Wars the Old Republic.

It's all I've been playing the last few days.

It's amazing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Star Wars the Old Republic.

It's all I've been playing the last few days.

It's amazing.

Was wondering what peoples views on that was going to be. So far all the verdicts ive seen from the early players has been quite positive. Be interesting to see if the reviews are as positive and the majority of gamers have a positive view on it when it is released to the general public tomorrow. Bioware seem to have done a decent job on it from what ive heard and if I had any interest in MMO's it seems the most likely one id try.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Was wondering what peoples views on that was going to be. So far all the verdicts ive seen from the early players has been quite positive. Be interesting to see if the reviews are as positive and the majority of gamers have a positive view on it when it is released to the general public tomorrow. Bioware seem to have done a decent job on it from what ive heard and if I had any interest in MMO's it seems the most likely one id try.
Definitely. I've played Beta, and to be honest, didn't think much of it; However, it was good enough to purchase, so I ended up Pre-Ordering it. Got Early Access and they really improved the game (Which surprised me, 'cause I thought they wouldn't change a thing).

Like, in Beta, you couldn't skip cut scenes. Like, when you get a quest, it's a cutscene (and you could choose options, much like Mass Effect) and these options not only determine your evil'ness or good'ness, but makes your companions effectiveness raise or lower.

It's still this way, but you could choose to turn off cutscenes, OR you could leave them on, but if you've already done a quest before, you could simply just press the space bar and skip the cutscene.

I loved the game in Beta, but my biggest complaint was that you couldn't skip cutscenes; However, now that they've allowed you to skip them, this game has taken hold of my life and I find myself (when I'm not playing) thinking about playing, or just thinking about Star Wars in general.

Then again, I'm a huge Star Wars fanboy, so...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It's just a shame that game has monthly payments. I got really excited when I saw that first trailer where the Sith Empire attacks Coruscant, but then I realized it was an MMO. No matter how good a game is, I'm not going to play it if I have to keep paying for it like that.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's just a shame that game has monthly payments. I got really excited when I saw that first trailer where the Sith Empire attacks Coruscant, but then I realized it was an MMO. No matter how good a game is, I'm not going to play it if I have to keep paying for it like that.

Im exactly the same, id have been really interested if it didnt have monthly fees. I mean im a big Star Wars fan and im a Bioware fan and have been waiting for a good new Star Wars game since KotOR and KotOR II. However I will never purchase a game that has monthly fees, I understand about server and maintenance costs and it helps them with updates and stability. However I like to circulate my games and id still be paying monthly for the game even if I hadnt gotten around to playing it for a while.

Ive seen the sort of costs those sort of games can rack up over a couple of years and its not something im comfortable doing. Only MMO ive played is Guild Wars for this reason and I first purchased that (besides the good reviews and comments) because they proved that you could create a good, solid, stable MMO with plenty of updates without monthly fees and for that they deserved my cash.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I'd gladly pay the monthly fees if my PC could play the damn thing. With these big MMORPGS of famous franchises you will most likely get your money's worth out of it.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I'd pick a game of the year, but considering Half life 2: Episode 3 doesn't exist I can't really decide. And Define Game of the year? Game that I like that's come out this year? or game that I've been actively playing this year that's come out a while ago?

Oh and By the way, **** Skyrim. <---

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Hey, I take offence to that! Skyrim is a historically accurate depiction of old-timey Sweden!

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah well I'm too poor to get it and everyones talking about it. :C *weeps*