• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Re: Your Kingdom

Mine will be at the foremost of technology, both for war and cultural. Since I plan on being neutral morally, my kingdom will be a nice place, but have harsh laws and be run by soldiers. I will sit atop the whole of my kingdom (Empire for me).

I want my kingdom to respect, revere, and fear me. I'm probably going to lean more toward good, but spread fear even in my own citizens. I may have multiple characters just to toy with the kingdom system however.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Overan;427492 said:
We choose to be good because it is more difficult we dislike the ease of doing only what we want. Also, from what I understand of Americans they use the choices within games to examine themselves and what they would do in that situation.

Assuming that being evil is easier than being good is naive. There are often times when you're presented with a choice that offers a good and evil outcome but your pride, honor or personal morals dictates you to choose the opposite of what you consider yourself to be. There are also times when you're forced to make "good" choices in order to acquire certain items or property.

Honestly, neither is easier than the other but one does come with less limitations.

Overan

Reaction score

To GrimWhim,

So, you find evil to not be selfish but more of an open palm vs. closed fist sort of thing?

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

GrimWhim;427279 said:
Being good is far too limiting but at the same time, evil can limit you as well. In Fable II you have the option of attacking Giles' Farm or protecting it. If you do the former you no longer have the opportunity to buy the farm meaning you lose out on some profit (a minor one yes but a profit nonetheless).

Rather than playing good or evil, play how YOU would play. Put yourself in your heroes' shoes and make these decisions based on what you would actually do. Would you, if presented with the opportunity in real life, execute someone for a petty crime like stealing some bread from your kitchen?

Would you cause the suffering of hundreds in exchange for monetary prospects?

It's silly to play a good guy and then a bad guy. You're making the game linear for yourself when Lionhead has spent so much time making it non-linear.

I am very close to being in complete agreement. When people do evil just because they're playing an evil character and it has no advantage it completely breaks the immersion of the game. The only problem is that you shouldn't play as yourself exactly because it is not real life and the choices you're presented with are fantastical. I would not steal in real life or accept an assassination contract but if i didn't in game i would be restricting the fun things i could do.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Blestb;427991 said:
I am very close to being in complete agreement. When people do evil just because they're playing an evil character and it has no advantage it completely breaks the immersion of the game. The only problem is that you shouldn't play as yourself exactly because it is not real life and the choices you're presented with are fantastical. I would not steal in real life or accept an assassination contract but if i didn't in game i would be restricting the fun things i could do.

I'm talking about when making choices, do as you would in real life but don't limit yourself either. My point is that too many people cut out chunks of the game just because they want a "pure" good or evil character. It's silly and makes me wonder why they bother playing at all.

Overan;427985 said:
To GrimWhim,

So, you find evil to not be selfish but more of an open palm vs. closed fist sort of thing?

There are many types of evil but the preferred type is the intellectual, not overly confident, wise type. Mindless killing may be all good and fun but it's pointless and it's rather brutish. A real evil person would not run up, stab someone in the eye sockets and then **** on their corpse and move on to the next person.

They would plan ahead to torture and cause an unbelievable amount of pain and suffering for a person. Why go random when you're bound to make plenty of enemies in life? Start with them first. Show them the error of their ways but make it last and be sure to savor every moment.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i will be the king of Detroit, Michigan.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

i would make everyone homeless. no jobs, and let the world rot

Knifeboy

Reaction score

I think I would enjoy having one very upper class area with huge houses low/medium taxes and safe streets while most of the others would be littered with factories shanty towns high taxes and be rife with crime. I would have a moderate military that regularly patrol the high class area(s) but seem to almost neglect the lower class. I would give all criminals the chance to serve their time in the military gaining poultry wages (unless they are sentenced to death) or to work in the many state owned factory's/mines. If it is possible to invade Aurora I will conscript as many beggars, orphan-children and factory workers as possible before waging honourable war to win the favour of my upper class citizens!
(I know Much of what I say wont be possible in game but I live in hope).

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

i think in all fairness, to continue the whole good/evil/personal/reality debate, that it was too easy to follow a straight line of good and evil in Fable 2. for example, the quest with the ghost in rookridge... in real life, unless you were completely deranged, if a friendly ghost asked you to ruin the life of a nice woman who made a mistake, would you? i sure as hell wouldn't, i'd tear up the note and marry her. but because there was very little emotional connection in fable 2, it was childsplay to send her to her suicide and ruin her life, without a dot of black ink on my conscience. hopefully they will have done something about that in fable 3

my point is that it was difficult for me to do as i would in real life as there was no emotional connection with any of the characters, they were all just pixels. although my face did drop when they killed barnum. but that was the only exception.

Overan

Reaction score

I am starting a new thread where we can talk about this.

fullmetal1000

Reaction score

i would like to be as fair as possible. i would make a few factories focusing on technology. but, with reasonable hours, no children would be put to work. if possible i would build schools for the children to learn. and keep my army in good condition.

Chase

Reaction score

In my kingdom, there will be mostly forests and lovely villages in said forests. In the cities, there will be no smog from factories, and children will live happily in large townhomes. There will be no poverty or fat people. Anyone who is fat or a criminal will be exiled from my county. My castle will become a maze and I will make the sky swirl into a million colors until the sun comes up. There will be parties in the streets every night and Halloween on weekends. Children will not worry about murderers or punishment. If they are punished their parents will be thrown in the dungeon and I would adopt them. No doors will be locked, and people can walk in at any time. The ones who are disgustingly ugly beyond hope will be thrown into the workforce or army. My dungeon will only consist of the beautiful. I shall have a hill in the far regions of the land with a simple tree. There, the criminals will be slaughtered. It shall be called the hanging tree. The mentally insane will be appointed in my court as my personal helpers when I have to make a tough decision. I shall rename albion, as aurora, so the original aurora will get ****ed and have to change their name. It will be a Utopia <3

Mad Money Z

If I was a penguin...
Reaction score

Ahhh... I think Grim is blowing this hole thing outta proportion!! It IS STILL A VIDEO GAME. You can do what you want when you want it! I want to play through all the times i want making any decision i want. So i dont think it matters to to much.

Specials are a lot of fun to BTW ;)

The Gray Fox

The Thief
Reaction score

I think I will make the world good so much as I can, but I will certainly do something for my own winning. :cool:

Anyways, if Reaver want something, he absolutely shall get it! :p

Kazmir

Reaction score

im not playing fable to see what i would do in real life. I dougbt anyone is. That would be boring im buying fable 3 to be who im not ..............a ruthless *******

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

i do both my first playthrough is always what i would personally do, i enjoy it and it makes it more meaningfull to me. dont get me wrong i always play through as pure evil and pure good after just to see the outcomes, esp in a game like this that will evolve depending on how you play theres no reason not to have amny playthroughs with different desicions to explore the different outcomes.
im hoping that my playthrough i can get rid of most industry and go back to a more enlightened will based world, i plan on having havens of knowledge and such instead of factories. a more peaceful world, BUT i will be ruthless against law breakers, those that toe the line will be fine but any murderers or anything else will be delt with swiftly and harshly

Status
Not open for further replies.