• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zimmerman verdict

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Anyone of you in the States that could clear this up for me? The Swedish media merely mentioned that he was not found guilty of murder, and then they spent half an hour on the looting that followed (fear, fear, fearmongering!). Does this mean that the whole thing is over or can he still be charged for manslaughter?

Even if it was in self-defense he followed and possibly provoked the kid, so manslaughter seems like a reasonable charge to me.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
No. The charges were done all in the same trial. The same jury made the decisions for each charge. Zimmerman was found not guilty for any charge and cannot be tried again for the same charges.

Edit: Our federal government wants to charge Zimmerman with new charges, hate crime, which I just don't see happening as it's outside of the federal jurisdiction. I wouldn't be surprised if they pressured Florida to pursue this course though.

Just want to throw out that this entire thing from front to back is a complete mockery of how our justice system is supposed to work and people from outside the states shouldn't think that this is in any way normal or tolerable here.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Because all of the sentences were offered in the same trial, and he was still found not guilty, double jeopardy comes into. Later, if any evidence every come to light he still can't be charged because he was found not guilty of the charges, unless they find reason to charge him with something else (like 1st degree murder).

Honestly? I think he's guilty of at least manslaughter. By his own admission, he shot and killed an unarmed child. I think the prosecution was just a bunch of boobs who didn't know what they were doing. It was one mistake after the other.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Because it happened in Florida, there is the stand your ground law. Which makes self defense with a gun legal. The court could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not self defense so by the letter of the law he is not guilty of pursuing a minor and shooting him.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that law directly inspired by a Clint Eastwood flick?