• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Addicted to Skyrim.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Actually the reason he killed the High King was not for personal gain, but rather to show what a weakling puppet monarch he really was. How was he supposed to defend Skyrim when he couldn't even defend himself?

I don't buy the "personal gain" theory. If that was the case, why doesn't he declare himself High King after taking Solitude? No, he wants a Moot to decide who shall be High King, as is tradition.

Because he's a smart guy who knows that if he just declared himself High King, there'd be enough dissidence against him to be giving them a reason to say "Oh look, he just wanted to be High King"? And he's smart enough to manipulate the moot into electing him?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
First time I ever heard the term 'moot' I don't like it in my knowledge I hate it, "Moot"

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You're a moot, Zarkes.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
You're a moot, Zarkes.

of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

No, sounds completely opposite of my ways.
My words are often correct and of the up most truth, just absolutely unacceptable.

But I shall condense this down into something you can better comprehend and therefore nullify, "Nuh-uh you're dumb."

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I'll moot you in the face.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Actually the reason he killed the High King was not for personal gain, but rather to show what a weakling puppet monarch he really was. How was he supposed to defend Skyrim when he couldn't even defend himself?

So he decided to show how weak he was by Shouting him apart? You can't really defend against that.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
He did not. He challanged him to a duel, as is tradition. He killed him with his sword.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
He did not. He challanged him to a duel, as is tradition. He killed him with his sword.

After he shouted at him enough to weaken him. The idea was supposed to be "fair" combat. How is it fair if he uses the voice?

And besides, if he had asked Torygg to declare independance he probably would have. But he didn't ask, because he didn't really want that. He wanted to be the High King.

Also: it's great that we're arguing about this. Bethesda really know how to create a universe.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Puppet.

Monarch.

That is all.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Also: it's great that we're arguing about this. Bethesda really know how to create a universe.

I was just thinking that.. This is easily the most gripping side-story in a game I think. Not only are we arguing about it but on a Fable forum too. Lionhead pay attention!

Ulfric did anything he could to become High King, he was even acting like it before anything had happened. As much as I enjoyed siding with the Stormcloaks, there was many times I wished I didn't because of him, he is a completely selfish person that led the Nords to believe they were fighting for freedom (Braveheart lol) when they were fighting for him. As I've already hinted, the Stormcloaks were fighting for the right reasons.. Ulfric was not.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Puppet.

Monarch.

That is all.

No more of a puppet monarch to the emperor than the Jarls are to their High King.

The Empire has always been good for Skyrim. Would you have preferred that the Dominion conquer all of Tamriel instead?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The Empire has always been good for Skyrim.

Not it has not. That Treaty of Versailles-esque thing they signed with the Altmeri Dominion screwed Skyrim over. Now you have High Elf deathsquads moving around Skyrim, executing anyone they want.

And for what? Peace? If you talk to the Thalmor you'll hear that they are not exactly secretive about the fact that they do plan on bringing war on The Empire again. As their Ambassador says "This peace is merely the calm between two storms".

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Not it has not. That Treaty of Versailles-esque thing they signed with the Altmeri Dominion screwed Skyrim over. Now you have High Elf deathsquads moving around Skyrim, executing anyone they want.

And for what? Peace? If you talk to the Thalmor you'll hear that they are not exactly secretive about the fact that they do plan on bringing war on The Empire again. As their Ambassador says "This peace is merely the calm between two storms".

It wasn't good for the Empire either. The Thalmor are the real enemy here. And the Deathsquads didn't start until after Ulfric started his little revolution, when the Empire HAD to crack down on it. The Empire might not be strong, but Skyrim is stronger as a part of the Empire than it is on it's own.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
The White Gold Concordant that was signed between the Empire and the Thalmor was to instill peace and was signed (In my opinion) so that the Empire wouldn't have lost everything and live to fight another day. I truly think they signed that to bolster their numbers and get ready for the next war on the Thalmor. They greatly underestimated them the first time, now I think they know what they are up against and as I said preparing to fight back and get their provinces back.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
The White Gold Concordant that was signed between the Empire and the Thalmor was to instill peace and was signed (In my opinion) so that the Empire wouldn't have lost everything and live to fight another day. I truly think they signed that to bolster their numbers and get ready for the next war on the Thalmor. They greatly underestimated them the first time, now I think they know what they are up against and as I said preparing to fight back and get their provinces back.

This guy gets it.

Also, totally just finished the College of Winterhold quest line. Epic **** right there.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Jake unpaused my game while I was foolishly feeding Joshua. I died forty times over before I could get the controller back off him. I was three shots from killing the hardest dragon priest in the game and he ruined it for me. Adoption papers are being drawn up as I type.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Actually, the Thalmor deathsquads have been there for a long time, killing anyone who worships Talos (or anyone they want under the guise of worshipping Talos). Not killing Stormcloak rebels.

Has nothing to do with the Stormcloak Rebellion, but that The Empire agreed to outlaw Talos worship.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Actually, the Thalmor deathsquads have been there for a long time, killing anyone who worships Talos (or anyone they want under the guise of worshipping Talos). Not killing Stormcloak rebels.

Has nothing to do with the Stormcloak Rebellion, but that The Empire agreed to outlaw Talos worship.

Pretty sure that Hadvar tells you that the Empire turned a blind eye to Talos worship. "Everyone still had their own little shrine to Talos.", but once the Stormcloak stuff started, they had to crack down.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
I heard a legate say something like a blessing of Talos to Ulfric as he was dying and General Tullius was like "what was that?.."

Asshole.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Thankfully my addiction has been curbed. I only play in small spurts on my roommates Xbox.

Rather than continuing to play as I am now, I may hold off until I can get the funds to just buy it myself and go completely overboard. I haven't done too too much in the game so pretty much everything is still fresh.