• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

As Good a Place as Any-- I'm Temporarily Out

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score
Re: As Good a Place as Any-- I'm Temporarily Out

^sexcist...i have full respect for women jumping up and down for voleyball teams... oh wait walkers back i dont have to compensate for his pervertion any more. :p

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Me! A perv! The very idea! I am offended! (Did you fall for it? I hope so.)

Unfortunately, I didn't get any of the fun of beach volleyball. When I say little girls, I MEAN little girls. So, I just watched softball and read. Didn't read as much as I would have liked because we don't have cable and the hotel did, but oh, well.

Random
However, there is something I don't get. What the hell is the point of softball? It really is just baseball with a different pitching motion and a different scale (shorter basepaths/home plate to the pitcher, no pitcher's mound, bigger ball, bigger bat). And sometimes an extra outfielder.

R

-Ravan-

Its too make it easier, to play for Geeks and Girls alike. i know i'll probably get bashed for sexism, However i shall say now i'm a geek so i fit into the club, also its a sport i was actually good at.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Girls and sports...*shudder*

They should stay at home, sewing dresses together and making themselves look pretty for when their man comes home and requires dinner on the table immediately...(says the former weightlifter :lol:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Well... the thing is, softball ISN'T any easier. You can see the ball better and you don't have as far to run, but that's about it. Maybe it's easier to get the bat on the ball, too, but I doubt it. Less strenuous, I'd give you, but not easier.

We'll be sure to keep that in mind, Madame Hulk. Gaah! Don't hit me! [runs]

R

-Ravan-

Lol, Angel the She Hulk. I go to the Gym, Alot, i'm hoping to gain enough Muscel to look like Arnold Schewartzanegger o, I'll never do it though, i'm a natural sloth.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Lemme put it this way-- no one is EVER going to mistake me for a bodybuilder. A mutant toothpick, maybe, but not a bodybuilder. I am scrawny as all hell.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Mutant toothpick? Awesome. Looks like we have something in common. ^_^

R

-Ravan-

I'm somewhere in the middle of Toothpick and Giant.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

projectego;119576 said:

Yay! I'm not the only mutant toothpick! I am SO relieved! I never would have guessed it!

But yeah, doesn't mutant toothpick sound oh-so-much better than skeleton?

-Ravan-;119578 said:
I'm somewhere in the middle of Toothpick and Giant.

So what would be called "average" if there were more than a dozen people who were actually "average?"

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

projectego;119576 said:
Oh behave yourself....:rolleyes::p

Walker;118399 said:
We'll be sure to keep that in mind, Madame Hulk. Gaah! Don't hit me! [runs]
:lol: Nah, never went in for body building coz that's just weird...and dangerous...but I had tremendous upper body strength and seeing as I couldn't do boxing I went for weights instead - still did the job when the need to punch someone arose...:devil: :lol:

Since my back went though I'm not aloud to do dead-lifting or anything strenuous...spoilsports...

R

ruler_of_albion

wtf i didnt catch any of that?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Uh, yeah, just one last comment, in case people forgot, not that I think anyone cares all that much:

I will be gone from tomorrow, Monday August the 6th; to Saturday, August the 11th. I'll be up in Maine, where it will be gloriously cool. Friday, when we were at 97 degrees (36 celsius) they were at 80 (27 celsius)! 17 whole degrees cooler! I can hardly wait.

I also want to try to find some ocean to visit up there. Sure, the beach would probably be rocky, and the waves minimal, and the water freezing; but... uh, why did I want to go there again?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hi! I'm not actually not back (I'm sitting in the computer room of a shockingly nice hotel south of Hartford, Conneticutt) but I'm here on the site, so it's all good.

Maine was awesome, even if it was cold as all hell. The temperature ranged from 52 degrees fahrenheit (I'll look up the celsius later, not THAT much time now) to, at most, eighty-three, in the middle of freaking AUGUST! My brother loved it, but I spent a lot of time shivering. We never got to actually go in the ocean, because we didn't have our bathing suits at the right times, but we did wade. It was freezing, but I still wish we had gone in. The hotel's (heated) pool was good, though.

I got really sick of the incredible dissapearing "R"s, though. One of the accents that a number of people up there had was that they dropped their "R"s. There were also a lot of Quebec people (Quebecians? Quebecoans? Quebecers? I think it's Quebecois, according to Harry Turtledove) both on vacation and working in Bar Harbor (big tourist place, where we were). We saw lots of Quebec and Nova Scotia license plates, heard a lot of people speaking French, and heard a lot of French-accented english from cashiers and stuff. We also saw a surprising number of Marylanders and Maryland license plates, strange since we were way up there; not so strange because of the weather.

Oh, and Acadia National Park was AWESOME. We hiked up Gorham Mountain and it was just astounding. We also drove up Cadillac Mountain (in a Ford) and it was REALLY cool. Their fixation on saying that Cadillac was the tallest mountain on the east coast was really annoying, though. They MEANT the tallest mountain on the actual physical shore, but it sounded like they meant all the east coast states. It was something like 1,530 feet; but even Maryland's highest point is 3,360 or so. I'm not saying that 1530 is small, but it's not really an "-est".

So, anyway, I'm almost back and I had fun. Hi again. I'll convert feet to meters and fahrenheit to celsius for all you heathen-measurers later [grin].

EDIT: 52F=11C; 83F=28C; 1530 feet=466.34 meters; 3360 feet=1024 meters.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Wow I missed the fact that you up here in New England. Acadia is awesome. I haven't been in a few years though. And about the disappearing Rs us northerners have to give up a few Rs so you southerners can put them in words where the don't belong like winder (window)and potater (potato) :p Just kidding I'm glad you had a good time in Bah Ha'bah :lol:

A

Anoku

No man, they turn O's into A's and give us any R's.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, we do have a couple of extra "r"s down here, I think. Not so many in Maryland, though, outside of a few areas. That's more southern than us. When WE say "potater" or "tater" we're joking (I, in truly arrogant fashion, am convinced that my area of Maryland is the only place to lack an accent... everyone else just talks wrong [grin])... But yeah, we were endlessly amused by the accents... and you/they/whatever really did call it Ba Haba...

And yeah, that's right, you live in New Hampshire... we had a big argument about whether we'd be going through it on the way to Maine. My dad said we wouldn't, my brother said we would, and for the life of me I couldn't remember what the one state that borders Maine was [grin].

And yes, again, Acadia was incredible... outside of Maryland, Acadia/Maine has joined Niagara Falls as my favorite place; with Thousand Islands bringing up the rear in second. We'll probably end up going there again. My brother and sister want to bring our dog, which I think is a bad idea. That spastic mutt on a 12-14 hour drive split into two six-seven hour rides? And up there around all those other dogs and people? Lunatic! But I still want to go again.

We really did like the weather, though. Even though I *****ed about it, the cool was a refreshing change from our heat. I couldn't wait to get back to being warm, and now I'm hot... [grin/sigh]

Speaking of O's, it was really cool. They played Boston last night, while we were spending the night in Conneticutt. We were sitting at this restaurant where they had all the TVs, and watched the O's when amidst all the Bahstan fans. And by "win" I mean lead by one till the seventh inning or so, end up losing by five to 1 in the seventh, coming back to five to five, and finally getting a sixth run in the bottom of the ninth to win. It was cool as hell.

A

Anoku

All in all, english is just bad German

I dare anyone to say otherwise

H

Hexadecimal

Anoku;125439 said:
All in all, english is just bad German

I dare anyone to say otherwise

Otherwise ;)

A

Anoku

Congratulations Virus! You Win.....Absopostively....Nothing!

except that sentence, and the pat on the back for cleverness.