• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Seems James Butts has been feeding you drinks of Mountain Dew while drunk again.. You have my condolences, you poor, poor bastard.

It could just be bad genes, if it is that.... Firis... you have my condolences, you poor, poor bastard.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Heh, seems every game that gets released nowadays is getting a piece inside TF2. Unfortunately, I don't have TF2 for PC, just for Xbox 360. ):

But TF2 is now Free-To-Play. All you need to do is download Steam, search for Team Fortress 2, and just download and install and you've got the game. :D

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
But TF2 is now Free-To-Play. All you need to do is download Steam, search for Team Fortress 2, and just download and install and you've got the game. :D

I see, I'll check it out some time this week.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I just started playing Fable 3. Should I read Fable 2 plot to understand Fable 3 or are they not connected?
Edit: and another thing. How the heck do I cast different spells?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I just started playing Fable 3. Should I read Fable 2 plot to understand Fable 3 or are they not connected?
Edit: and another thing. How the heck do I cast different spells?

No fable 2 & 3 are not technically connected via story, fable 3 is set 50 years after fable 2 but the only tie seems to be your mother/father was king or queen. So you can play Fable 3 with no prior knowledge of any other fable game, like the others really. For new spells you have to unlock them in chests in the road to rule part of the game, you can later wear two gauntlets and weave spells together.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I unlocked the Shock spell but I have no idea how to use it - I mean, if it's even possible right away.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I unlocked the Shock spell but I have no idea how to use it - I mean, if it's even possible right away.

The 'B' button, from what I can remember shock spell is the default you get from the grave of your father/mother. So yeah once you have it you should just be able to press the B button and you should have magic at your fingertips, you have to use it to escape Bowerstone with the cullis gates and get through the caves. If its not working it could be a bug, just reboot your xbox or reload the game.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I'm playing the PC version, that's why I haven't played Fable 2. And the default spell is Fireball. I bought Shock from the chest in the road, which means I should have 2 spells now. Ah well, maybe I should just mash all the buttons.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm playing the PC version, that's why I haven't played Fable 2. And the default spell is Fireball. I bought Shock from the chest in the road, which means I should have 2 spells now. Ah well, maybe I should just mash all the buttons.
Go to the sanctuary, the the equipment section. Walk to the back, where the gauntlets are. The rest be clear.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Oh ok sorry I thought you were playing on xbox, yeah as Demi said go to the sanctuary and then the weapon room equip the gauntlet, read the manual, find the controls menu etc etc as I dunno what button it is for spells on pc. >.<

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Ah I didn't realize there were different gauntlets. Thanks both of you.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Random question..

When cats are mating, is it still considered doggy style?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
nope
For example, horses don't "doggy style" either.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Random question..

When cats are mating, is it still considered doggy style?

Nope, it's called "doing the horizontal catwalk".

Oh lawd, that was terrible in more ways that one. I deeply, deeply apologise.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
To all of the staff: if you were (and had) to choose one language to learn about fluently, which one would it be - Italian, French, Latin, German, Dutch, or Arabic?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I'd go with Italian.
And don't go saying I'm not staff... why else would I have all the staff's equipment? :troll:

*Sneaks out of Sharon's living room*

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
To all of the staff: if you were (and had) to choose one language to learn about fluently, which one would it be - Italian, French, Latin, German, Dutch, or Arabic?

Italian, mostly because my girlfriend is Italian.