• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337mojo

Best Armor

I want to buy some armor I don't know where to get it or what it is.

C

Crazyarms

Re: Best Armor

well archons armor is the best, but ive never gotten it, so cant tell you where you get it.

1337mojo

I got an other question what is the easy and fastest way to get gold?

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

1337mojo said:
I got an other question what is the easy and fastest way to get gold?

Hmm, well mate there are more than a few different schools of thought on this subject.

Method One:
I know that Ulicus would suggest gaining loads of legendary weapons from chests and stuff and then selling off the ones which you dont use but keeping your favourite. This is obviously the fastest. If you have the legendary weapons to sell of course.I would suggest not selling them until you find your favourite and/or the one which best suits you.

Method Two:
Then there is the next way which is trading and bartering with venders across the game. Personally this is annoying as hell and you need to be getting great deals on stuff to make any real profit, this is handy if you need some small cash and are in no hurry.

Method Three:
Then there is something which I find handy for a bit of quick easy cash and experience. Rock Trolls, Ice Trolls and Earth Trolls are notorious for dropping rubies, diamonds and other precious jem stones more than other items. You could go defeat loads of trolls and then sell the jems to vendors. This also gains you experience but it isnt 100% certain that you are always going to receive a precious stone. Maybe 6/7 times out of 10 you will. Even if you dont your still getting some cool items in the stead of the jems.

Method Four:
The next way is what i usually do. If you have trophies you know you can hang them in your house in special areas and they increase the value of your house. Well in Oakvale, if you own the house there, if you put the trophies on the wall then sell your house, but stand right at the door when clicking the sign, the house will sell for a profit of whatever the trophies are worth. You can then go back into the house lift the trophies, go back to the door and buy the house for cheaper than what you sold it for. Example: Your house is originally worth 5000. You put two trophies worth 500 and 500 on the trophy stands. Sell your house for 6000 when standing by the door and then collect your trophies again. You buy the house again for 5000. Repeat this and you raise some cash. I know it sounds complicated but its a decent way to raise cash. If you have two expensive trophies you can gain up to 2000 each time you sell your house.

Method 5:
Then again you can always use the drunk shop keeper method which only works well if your on the good side of alignment and you have the steal expression. Go to a shopkeeper, get him to follow you. Take him far away from the shop. Tell him to wait and before he leaves give him lotsa beer, six should do it. He will get drunk, wont follow you and will forget all about his shop. This leaves you free to go to his store and thieve all around you. Then you can go somewhere else and sell the items which you got "off the back of a lorry!" If your doing this though make sure and tell the keeper to wait before getting him drunk or he will follow you even if you tell him to wait.

Conclusion:
If I was to recommend a way I would say use the Oakvale house method. Its costing you nothing to try it out. You dont loose weapons or items or anything. You can do it no matter your circumstances, all you need is to be the owner of the house and have a few decent priced trophies. My explanation wasnt great, if you need me to clarify message me or something and ill be more than happy to help you out.

1337mojo

Method 5 owns except for knotgold glade(doesn't know how to spell).

C

Crazyarms

wow. i see you put a lot of thought into this weird.

p.s. how did you get the colored text?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

+rep for all the methods listed, nice work.

Crazy you get the coloured text by putting brackets around the text like [color*=red]Crazy[/color*] (just remove the *)

C

Crazyarms

ooooooooooo. ty i didnt know that.

and you seem to like Weird a lot. *wink*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
ooooooooooo. ty i didnt know that.

and you seem to like Weird a lot. *wink*

I like the fact he knows alot of strange stuff about Fable and so gets +rep for it ;)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

He earns too much rep around here, stop being so damn helpful weird.

M

moneymaker821

i got archon's armour and you don't

:shifty: why would any body wanna spoil the location of archon's armour

:shifty: don't tell nobody but its in..........:shifty:

:shifty: ur momma:shifty:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
I like the fact he knows alot of strange stuff about Fable and so gets +rep for it ;)

I lived and breathed Fable for months on end after I bought it because I had taken a gap year and had nothing better to do with my time so I spent it on Fable finding little quirks and stuff. At one point I even managed to duplicate the mercenary guy in Oakvale so when I appeared at the front of the Oakvale graveyard there was two of him and not one.

Mojo, yeah method five is handy- problem with Knothole Glade is that there is usually a guard near by. There is also a sixth method, and I am sure there are more which I am not aware of. Six is the usual stealth and steal ninja-san thing. Get the lockpick technique and break into houses and stuff during the night, shops too.

:ninja:

C

Crazyarms

Whats wrong with trying to make a honest liveing? i mean everybody looking to get a quick buck. Theres more to life you know!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

There is always fighting with the Fist Fighters Gang. You can make an ok amount of money but it might require patience at times. Here a list of the earnable money for each gang.

Bowerstone Query: 350 gold
Oakvale: 400 gold
Twinblade's Elites Camp: 450 gold
Knothole Glade: 500 gold or over*

*I haven't been able to come out of there clean so this is all I know. Sorry.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
Whats wrong with trying to make a honest liveing? i mean everybody looking to get a quick buck. Theres more to life you know!

Honest living pfff id rather kill someone and steal their gold than bust my ass getting it elsewhere.

Seigfried said:
There is always fighting with the Fist Fighters Gang. You can make an ok amount of money but it might require patience at times. Here a list of the earnable money for each gang.

Bowerstone Query: 350 gold
Oakvale: 400 gold
Twinblade's Elites Camp: 450 gold
Knothole Glade: 500 gold or over*

*I haven't been able to come out of there clean so this is all I know. Sorry.

Useful information +rep mate :thumbsup:

V

Voodoo 9s

I was thinking of a #7....

Hero save in a town where you can play a card game.

Bet all your money.

If you win you double up

If you lose, reload and try again.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Voodoo 9s said:

Bet all your money.

If you win you double up

Unless your in the midst of a quest when you enter the town you cant hero save. World Save would work just as well though. Just reload if you screw up. Nice one, I had never thought of that.

^_^

*Does a Drak and dishes out some rep*

C

Crazyarms

Voodoo said:

Bet all your money.

If you win you double up

Good one

Status
Not open for further replies.