• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best use of Magic

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Best use of Magic

Basically this thread is about what you think are the best uses for certian spells

For example the best times to use multishot, in my opinion are as follows
  1. When Arachanox uses the sting
  2. When fighting the Krakan
  3. When Jack flys
  4. When the Dragon is hovering
If ever you were going to use multishot these would be it.

What do you think?
Post your ideas on multishot or other spells

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Best use of Magic

How would Multi Arrow help you when Jack flies.
I can hardly get a lock on him Unless you mean the FIRST time you fight him and he's floating

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;64262 said:
How would Multi Arrow help you when Jack flies.
I can hardly get a lock on him Unless you mean the FIRST time you fight him and he's floating
Yes that's what I meant

D

darthlime101

I found Multi-Strike is quite effective in boss battles. Especially when used with Enflame and Multi-Shot.

Enflame knocks 'em down and then when they get back up, either go mono-oh-mono with a melee weapon or run back and Multi-Shoot them.:D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Which bosses specifically

I'm hoping to hear instance where you think is the ultimate use of a spell.

Like Infernal Wrath is great when you have to fight all those hobbes to get into the demon door in darkwood.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Infernal Wrath/Divine Fury are just awsome when fighting and kind of Nymph. Unlike any other spell or weapon, those spells hurt them while they are in their "ball of lifght"-form.

D

darthlime101

Well, Albion Knight, its best when fighting
JoB Dragon
and
JoB Normal
. Do a quick Multi-Strike, back away, and hit him with a Multi-Shot. And when in close range or not so close range, Enflame.

Its good also when fighting in the Arena or just lolly-gagging in the woods.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sadly, I cannot offer much assistance, as all my boss battles involve me dying several times over, cursing the screen, the game, the controller, the Xbox, the Lionhead team, the shop the game was bought from before finally becoming hysterical and getting Steve to do it for me. And usually I am too scared to watch...

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Albion Knight;64257 said:
  1. When Arachanox uses the sting
  2. When fighting the Krakan
  3. When Jack flys
  4. When the Dragon is hovering
I actually think your Multi-Strike tips are spot-on, AK. I can't actually think of any better times to use it... :lol:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Alright lets switch this to a new spell: Force Push (*inspired by Sephi's use of it against the White balverine and it's spawn)

What is the Best use of Force Push

• White Balverine*
  • The Hobbe cave
  • Blowing out windows and doors.
  • Knothole Glade Tavern
  • Boasting Platform (my personal fave)
There's nothing like getting the crowd around you cheering and calling for more boasts and sending them flying with a level 4 force push. This spell turned me evil :devil: it's just too much fun :w00t:

N

NeutronHInc

For boss battles, I love to go with the following combo of spells... (Note, I have PC Fable TLC, so I have it all on the # hotkeys lol)

First I activate Slow Time (I have it at level 3), then I activate Berserk (at level 3 again), then activate Multi-Strike (at level 3 again), down a Will Potion, turn on Physical Shield, down another Will potion, then hit the boss.

Most of the time, that combo will take care of most bosses, granted, I'm using the Solus Greatsword. The only things that can withstand one hit from the above is
Twin Blade, Rock Trolls, the White Balvie, Aracanox, Maze, Jack, and the Summoners ><
I only use Multi-Arrow against
Floating JoB, the Kraken, and Dragon JoB
the rest of the time, I'm a melee fighter!

My favorite spell though is Enflame, it works wonders on a mass of Undead. I also use it in the arena against Wasps and the little Scorpions.

P

Pilgrim

Fireball is great for killing people and getting away with it. If you throw a charged up fireball at a wall or the floor near someone, without actually hitting them, they'll be hurt by the explosion, but you won't get any evil points and NPC's won't even realise they're being attacked. As long as you make sure you don't directly hit anyone, you can clear out whole villages without an evil point or fine in sight, and the next lot of villagers will think no worse of you.

It's also fun to knock the guildmaster about like this without getting a lecture.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Very cool use of Fireball

Anirep.gif

D

darthlime101

Indeed. Very "amusing" use of fireball:D

Using the highest level Lightning against Town Guards when your taking the town down its always fun, especially when the heads go bye-bye :D

Force Push is good when your fighting a lot of enemies and you want to get them away from you in one quick movement. I just don't like it when I push over Traders and Villagers when I just want to kill a bandit or balverine. :(

Umm... what else? Well, Slow Time coupled with Multi-Strike is a good deal, especially when dealing with balverines.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Battle charge + enflame + force push = moderately amusing. Knock them down, damage them, push them away, repeat.

Berserk + multihit = ouch.

Assassin rush + slow time + force push + infernal/divine = fun.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'd like it if this thread would stay on the topic of the best use of a spell rather than what spells are cool. The subtle difference is that you focus on one spell and debate what is best, or most fun, use of that spell in the whole game. Be specific! not "summon is cool when your fighting monsters"

Can anyone think of a better place to use force push than the boasting platform? I can't.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I use it if surrounded by enemies that I simply cannot be bothered to deal with - like if I'm going through the Darkwood areas to get to Skorm's Chapel, I haven't got time to stop and slay Balverines, Hobbes, Bandits, Guards and Traders...

R

Reaper

When do you fight a
DRAGON!!!!! I love dragons,
where where where is it?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Reaper;64646 said:
When do you fight a
DRAGON!!!!! I love dragons,
where where where is it?
At the end of TLC, Jack of Blades turns into a dragon
Screenshot below
PM_566.jpg

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, more like
Jack was a Dragon all along, rather than "turning into one"... dun dun doooom!