• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best use of Magic

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Best use of Magic

Good ol' Lightining - starts out sucky, ends amazing.

It is probably the worst spells when attacking one strong enemy, but with several little guys like Hobbes or Bandits it rules - each "pulse" of damage keeping them dead in their tracks.

But probably the "best" place to use it when facing the Undead - each pulse of damage gives you a neat little jump on your combat multiplier and with the massive Health of the Undead you can get a really high combat multiplier which results in a huuuuuuuge boost in Will Experiance. Each trip to Gray House near Oakvale can easiliy nit you 10k Will Experiance each "go". :thumbsup:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;65029 said:
I hate that quest. I hate minions and their blocking skills. :realmad:
It's the stupid noise they make that makes me literally want to hurt someone...

The thing with lightning is it also makes Balverines zoom towards me, so although they don't attack me whilst I am targeting them I still have to keep walking backwards so that they don't lunge for me the minute my Mana runs out...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;65029 said:
I hate that quest. I hate minions and their blocking skills. :realmad:

That quest is to be honest the only quest I've ever had trouble with and failed repeatedly at it... Was the time I wanted to make a pure Warrior kinda Hero - without any meele enchancing spells like Berserk and Multi-Strike, or some good Area of Effect spells like Enflame it is nearly impossible.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;65039 said:
That quest is to be honest the only quest I've ever had trouble with and failed repeatedly at it... Was the time I wanted to make a pure Warrior kinda Hero - without any meele enchancing spells like Berserk and Multi-Strike, or some good Area of Effect spells like Enflame it is nearly impossible.

Ditto. I've failed it a couple of times. Sometimes with only one minion left to slay. I find having a bunch of guards helping you and a summon makes things a little easier. Once I was even attacked by the Assassin guy during that quest. Least to say I wasn't happy about one more enemy.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I had that problem - it was my fourth attempt, I was making great time and then out of nowhere I get that stupid assassin who is, by now, half my size, lunging at me as well as about four minions kicking off...really coulda done without it...

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Berserk is God when fighting minions. Especially when you are defending Briar Rose while she dispels the summoner. The minions there are weaker than average minions, having only ~800 hp. The SG and Berserk level 3-4 one hit kills them.

For the regular minions, simply hit them when you are Berserk and then enflame. It makes for a toasty minion.

As a side note, a level 4 infernal wrath/divine fury will kill regular minions. Caster minions have slightly more hp, and won't die to just one casting. Regular minions have slightly under 1000hp, and level 4 divine fury/infernal wrath does 1k damage even.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;65050 said:
I had that problem - it was my fourth attempt, I was making great time and then out of nowhere I get that stupid assassin who is, by now, half my size, lunging at me as well as about four minions kicking off...really coulda done without it...
:lol: Force push would be good in that type of situation.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Pity I didn't use it...was another 8 tries before I got Steve to do it for me...:lol:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;65039 said:

I'm come so close to beating that as a fist fighter I have to see if Berzerk kills that boast as well as turncoat and summon If any of then don't the they would be candidates for best use of a spell. While trying to completing the Fist Fighter boast on the Save the Archaeologist quest

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;65151 said:
I'm come so close to beating that as a fist fighter I have to see if Berzerk kills that boast as well as turncoat and summon If any of then don't the they would be candidates for best use of a spell. While trying to completing the Fist Fighter boast on the Save the Archaeologist quest

I think Fist Fighter boast also mentions "No offensive magic"... I can see how Berserk is somewhat offensive, but I reck'n Summon isn't. Not sure about Turncoat as it does effect your enemies in a rather...aggresive manner.

D

Darg

I have one to use against Balverines that is fairly effective. Enact slow time, turn on multistrike or multiarrow (depending on your preferences) and hammer away at them. The slow time prevents them from jumping up and away like they do to escape, and the multispells increase the damage to leave none alive. Especially effective in Witchwood, near the stones where they're bound to appear.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

other than pwning masses of enemies, lightning i use to stun people so i can run past them

Slow time is for running from guards

Turncoat is useless to me cause you can't cast it in bowerstone.

R

Reaper

My stats show Lightening as my favorite magic spell.
I also have a blue glow around my hands.

Is there a connection between the two?
My Character is Fully Good.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

the glowing hands comes from having really high Will stats, so yeah lightning is part of it, but it takes more than having one well leveled spell. your character being good is irrelevant as far as i know, though i could be wrong ^_^

D

Darg

I know another combination that works well: Shocking people with lightning when you're outnumbered, giving you a chance to back up. When you get to the right distance, let loose a fireball and repeat until you take them all out with the combo- just make sure to swig a few will potions to avoid serious failure.

K

Karma827

My all-time favorite trick is to go to the brigands near the Greatwood, but really anywhere that several humans stand together is fun.. Freeze time, draw your crossbow, pull back, and while you're letting it charge up, aim for the first head. Then, while the arrow is still flying, immediately recharge your crossbow for another head-shot. If you have levelled your Stop Time, you'll be able to decapitate many people in just one use. So far, I've gotten 8 heads to be floating in the air at the same time, using the Master Crossbow with maxxed Skill, and a cooperative audience. ;) Doing this trick, for those of you who don't have maxxed Skill yet, will get extra Skill experience for using your bow, and a bonus for the decapitation shot. This is DEFINITELY the best use of Stop Time to help get your Skill up, as well as a great way to have fun getting those horns longer!

I also really enjoy inciting a riot in a town, and then zapping the guards with my max-level Turncoat.

C

Corrento

Little fun fact...You CANNOT DIE in beserk...at least in lost chapters thats how it works so if you like that kinda thing use it often not being able to die or need to use a resurection vial helps 'cus u can heal after you take down the enemy a notch or two and save health potions

H

Hexadecimal

Corrento;130830 said:
Little fun fact...You CANNOT DIE in beserk...at least in lost chapters thats how it works so if you like that kinda thing use it often not being able to die or need to use a resurection vial helps 'cus u can heal after you take down the enemy a notch or two and save health potions

I don't think it's really possible to die at all in Fable unless you're really trying to o_O
but please try to keep thread dates in mind before replying as this thread was 4 months old...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I'm also going to test out your theory of not dying in berserk.

N

Noojish

Enflame, Slow Time, Berserk and Multi-Strike is the only thing you need to complete fast :)

Surrounded by enemies u use ur Enflame, then put on Slow Time, go Berserk and then multistrike the **** outta those monsters :) Works everytime :)