• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Big" Fable II announcement next week

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: "Big" Fable II announcement next week

anain12;234878 said:
I hope it's DLC like clothes or armor. But i don't have xboxlive.

I have online, but if it's not a whole new place to go and battle, with totally different stuff, I'm not sure if I will get it. I want new battles, with new challenges, and scenery to see. Hm, like Snowspire, I miss all the snow.:(

T

thebeastlyboy15

well i just got my 12 (+1 month) xbl card, so ill be able to get it :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Zebinia;234856 said:
There is no possible way they overlooked that many bugs. On any given players play through the game they are more than likely to encounter at least a few. Which means the play testers experienced the same bugs. I'm not trying to trash the game but it definitely feels rushed. even my girlfriend who doesn't game often said more than a few times that the game just felt rushed. Also the story just seems like it was a few quests short. If Lionhead is actually announcing new DLC content already then I'm sure it was just content originally intended to be in the game. It usually takes months for new content to be announced, GTA IV hasn't even released it's new DLC yet. I know the new DLC will wrap up the story and I'm almost positive is was intended to be in the original game. Just like the online co-op which wasn't ready at the time but was being worked on as the game was being distributed so it could be offered as DLC content.

Maybe not im just commenting on the fact that people blame Microsoft for everything these days and im pretty sure they didnt push for the games release. Lionhead may be owned by Microsoft however Microsoft normally take a back foot these days on pushing games for release. I mean its not like Microsoft are short for quality titles at the moment.

moonfever;234859 said:
Sam stated that the game can be played so many different ways, that the reported bugs are different from the 65,000 bugs they fixed, and that is why they were missed.He has apologized and they are working on, all the reported bugs that are turned in at the webmaster at Lionhead. So yes it is possible to overlook, when everyone plays different.:unsure:

They fixed a lot of bugs and were still fixing lots as the game went gold, however as i said Lionhead announced when the game would be ready. They set themselves a deadline and no-one pushed them into it (comment not aimed at you just agreeing with your comment).

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;235022 said:
people blame Microsoft for everything these days
So true. The only thing you really have to blame Microsoft for, is there faulty Xboxs..

I'm hoping its a Winter DLC or something. I would so L-O-V-E if Witchwood and the North snowy place (forgot name) Were back.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Snowspire? Hook Coast?

GOSH!

V

Valid

didnt they say they wernt just going to release new armor and weapons and clothes, but something different that will hopfully add to the game?

places like the lairs in oblivion would be really cool...

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Valid;235039 said:
didnt they say they wernt just going to release new armor and weapons and clothes, but something different that will hopfully add to the game?

places like the lairs in oblivion would be really cool...

There is no armor.

X

xB0NExCRU5HERx

I really hope it includes new clothes, weapons, some new quests, and maybe some new towns(consisting of snow, i love snow lol)

T

thebeastlyboy15

then that demon door near bloodstone is just for you!

but dlc cant really alter the game too much.... but some of the things u guys have said is pretty cool

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

I love Fable 2, and I got the special edition the day it came, out and in less than 20 hours of total gameplay I am basically done with it, but I don't want to be. The game needs to last longer, I mean I got Fallout 3 recently and I am a little under 30hours and I'm not too close to beating it. Fable has what it needs to be a good game, and is a good game, it just needs more depth to it.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;235022 said:
Maybe not im just commenting on the fact that people blame Microsoft for everything these days and im pretty sure they didnt push for the games release. Lionhead may be owned by Microsoft however Microsoft normally take a back foot these days on pushing games for release. I mean its not like Microsoft are short for quality titles at the moment.

They fixed a lot of bugs and were still fixing lots as the game went gold, however as i said Lionhead announced when the game would be ready. They set themselves a deadline and no-one pushed them into it (comment not aimed at you just agreeing with your comment).

I know Dark, but with the programming that goes into the game, and everybody plays their own ways. There are bound to be new bugs. I play pure good, and end up in the clouds sometimes.:p It would take 3 more years to play through every way imaginable, and by then I would be playing other games. I get bored.:blush:
Kotor, kotor kotor, if wishes could come true.:( Sorry, still wishing.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

If I must wish for anything to be included in whatever they are coming out with, it's that I would love to see a new fight club. I hate sounding unsatisfied, but I do miss being able to bash people's faces in with my own two hands. Even in the age of guns, there still must come a time when two drunk must settle any dispute with their fists. Whether it be about one talking bad about a guy's wife, or if that tree really does make a sound when it falls.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Seigfreid;235151 said:
If I must hope for anything to be included in whatever they are coming out with, it's that I would love to see a new fight club. I hate to sound wanting, but I want to bash someone's face in with my own two hands. It's always a great feeling.

I had thought there would be some fights, in Bloodstone. Maybe a bar fight or two could be included, at some point? But I still miss Snowspires snow.:(

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah, I do miss that lovely little place too. I know, maybe it can be some winter town and they have eXtreme fist fights, like a Polar Bear club but with bloody carnage instead of skinny dipping. Killing two blokes with one frost-bitten fist!

Dag204

Reaction score

They should add new pub games, a few new regions, GOOD legendary weapons, MOAR QUESTS, and obviously more equipment, also there is a blank spot for a new category of expressions if you noticed.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, I miss the Fist Fighters club, too. And Snowspire.

I mean, really, it's no fun when you have to be evil to beat on villagers.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Seigfreid;235155 said:
Yeah, I do miss that lovely little place too. I know, maybe it can be some winter town and they have eXtreme fist fights, like a Polar Bear club but with bloody carnage instead of skinny dipping. Killing two blokes with one frost-bitten fist!
Not only that, but Snowspire had the strongest monsters. Remember the huge ice creatures, with the minions? We would have to have shield back though, they were tough. I miss shield, and heal.:(

Dag204

Reaction score

Yeah shield was cool, and they were Ice Trolls.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dag204;235179 said:
Yeah shield was cool, and they were Ice Trolls.

Thanks, yeah, I miss the ice trolls, maybe I need to play tlc.:w00t:

Dag204

Reaction score

I don't miss the minions though, I played the original Fable when it first came out and when I later bought TLC I wasn't to psyched that they were back...

Fable 2 should bring back Jack of Blades in some sort of form or at least the cult that is mentioned in some of thebooks in the game should have some role in the new quest lines.