• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BOYCOTT! Let's give them their Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyre

Reaction score
I'm with you 100%. I genuinely feel ripped off and honestly think it was a waste of money. I love Fable and all, but I really hope they fix this lack of content and give us free DLC if not a patch of the entire game. It's what we deserve. I shouldn't feel like I completed the game entirely after a week and not want to play it anymore. I don't even want to get all the achievements.
I will not be buying any DLC for this game ever.

Boom's right, it's not a full game at all. And the original post said that if you were content with the content of the game, then you don't have to participate. I didn't even know about any of the DLC but realize how little there is in the game.

You're right, but now they're just taking it too far. And why should those of us who realize that we're being taken advantage of suffer for those of you who don't care? It's not fair.
Actually, I honestly think this is way beyond how any business would operate, they're doing too much (or too little rather).

Right, and we're all fans here and realize the fact that we've been jipped of a potentially awesome game.

I believe Fable II was a much better game than III...it's hard to even think that they're from the same franchise.

How is this NOT a complete game? The fact that DLC exists aside, what makes it any different from Fable 2 in terms of content? Yeah, it's short, but so was 2...they're about equal in length. What content exactly is missing?

This is very much a full game--Personally, I am confident that, had we no knowledge of DLC, everyone would be happy. And about this: " And why should those of us who realize that we're being taken advantage of suffer for those of you who don't care? It's not fair."

That statement REALLY bothers me. I realize completely how we are taken advantage of, how consumers are always taken advantage of. It is an evil practice, but one that is highly effective. Until business owners start putting customers before profits, however, this is how things will continue to be. Look at something like shaving razors, for instance. Notice that you may be able to buy a relatively cheap set of handles, but then the blades are WAAAAY overpriced. Technically, shouldn't the blades be included? Yes, but it's a more effective money-making strategy to do things this way.

Finally--of the DLC that has been revealed, none of it has given me the impression that it would improve the game at all, or even really expand it. I don't see what the cause for complaints is. It's not like you need to pay to download the second half of the game, although that's what most of these arguments seem to be implying.

I really think that this is being made into far too big of a deal. I think it is incredibly ignorant to be getting so upset about this, especially when you're not missing anything essential--it's not like IMPORTANT aspects of the game were cut. I will continue to hold these views until we need to start paying for patches--THEN I will agree that we are being ripped off far beyond normal business practice.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
How is this NOT a complete game? The fact that DLC exists aside, what makes it any different from Fable 2 in terms of content? Yeah, it's short, but so was 2...they're about equal in length. What content exactly is missing?
If you don't think there's anything missing and if you believe that it's as long as II...more power to you. There's definitely something missing if I don't want to start a new game as well as half the people on these forums (maybe...I wouldn't know). It certainly did not take me a week to explore and get everything in II with little to no effort.

This is very much a full game--Personally, I am confident that, had we no knowledge of DLC, everyone would be happy.
Like I said, I don't know, and didn't know, of any DLC other than the two they have in the Sanctuary. I'm not happy with the game. It goes beyond length, which is what we're talking about here. I feel as if II is a complete game, more complete than III by...forever infinity.

And about this: " And why should those of us who realize that we're being taken advantage of suffer for those of you who don't care? It's not fair."
That statement REALLY bothers me.
...Okay...

I realize completely how we are taken advantage of, how consumers are always taken advantage of.
I never said "you don't realize" I said "you don't care." So...this statement is void.

It is an evil practice, but one that is highly effective. Until business owners start putting customers before profits, however, this is how things will continue to be. Look at something like shaving razors, for instance. Notice that you may be able to buy a relatively cheap set of handles, but then the blades are WAAAAY overpriced. Technically, shouldn't the blades be included? Yes, but it's a more effective money-making strategy to do things this way.
I think everyone (or most people) know that businesses are corrupt, along with the American Government, and they only get away with it if their entire market realizes that they're being ripped off and stop buying their products. Which is what this thread is for...

Right, but blades are kind of important when you want to shave which is what people want/have to do. However, a dog suit is not necessary to get through the game, which means there's no real purpose to have it as DLC.

Finally--of the DLC that has been revealed, none of it has given me the impression that it would improve the game at all, or even really expand it. I don't see what the cause for complaints is. It's not like you need to pay to download the second half of the game, although that's what most of these arguments seem to be implying.
'
Right, which is the point. And pretty much all of it has no reason being DLC in the first place. Which is the problem we have with it.
I feel like we do need to download the other half of the game. Where is it all?

I really think that this is being made into far too big of a deal.
Then why are you here?

I think it is incredibly ignorant to be getting so upset about this, especially when you're not missing anything essential--it's not like IMPORTANT aspects of the game were cut.
How is it ignorant to think there should be more to the game, that we think the game is too short, that the DLC shouldn't be DLC...it should included with the game? It's cool that you don't think there's anything missing, but it's not ignorant to have an opinion on something.

And who are you to say that "nothing important" is missing?

I will continue to hold these views until we need to start paying for patches--THEN I will agree that we are being ripped off far beyond normal business practice.
Good, I'm glad that you can hold on to an opinion that, frankly, has no place here.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score

I am very much enjoying the game, but I must agree that it is not complete. Relative to Fable games past and what we all know Lionhead is capable of, it is a step backwards in some basic but crucial respects. Simple but glaring example: what happened to stealth? It should have been improved, not removed.

Two other posters put it better than I can:
http://projectego.net/forums/threads/likes-dislikes-improvements.25507/#post-442895
http://projectego.net/forums/threads/likes-dislikes-improvements.25507/#post-442885

Boycotting is a little silly at this point - considering we've already shelled out $60 for the game, witholding a couple bucks of DLC is a pretty impotent gesture. I do agree with the poster who suggested writing a sincere letter. I'm considering it - I've been a dedicated fan of Lionead for over a decade now. I've seen what they can do, and what their philosophy toward their art form has always been. And despite their past overhype, they're better than this.

BoomstickSaint

Reaction score
For the record, I did post this on Lionhead's forums. They completely removed it before anyone could reply to it. I can't say I'm surprised they removed it. Other posts that were really bashing the game got locked, but I can be proud that felt mine was detrimental enough to remove it completely. The only evidence that I ever posted it is when I look at my profile and my list of threads I started, its still shown there but the link goes nowhere.

I'm glad to see those who agree with me might take a stand too, and I appreciate the feedback from those whol don't agree as well, but as I lead with in this post, this thread really isn't for you. If you feel you got a complete game, then by all means. Have some happy gaming. Those of us who feel otherwise will do what we feel is best to show our disapproval.

BoomstickSaint

Reaction score
When you take a few dollars a piece and if you can build it into a few million individuals you can turn it into a few million dollars. I'm not suggesting that this post online can make a group of millions of boycotters, but it can be a starting point.

Glyre

Reaction score
ssjcb1186-- I'm sorry...I should have read your post a bit more clearly. :D

I understand where you guys are coming from about the game being too short, I really do. So many people are complaining about DLC being the reason for such a short game--and that is where most of my anger about the subject comes from. I/e: The DLC we know of would not increase the game's length.

Assuming that that was the source of your argument, I was being a bit of a hardliner, also my reason for calling you ignorant--my apologies.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
"If you, like me, felt ripped off by a buggy and incomplete release, then join me now and take up the cause!"

You know, I would be furious if Fable III was released buggy and incomplete. Thankfully it was not and you're full of crap. Bye bye for now~

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
The game development process is hardly that black and white. Many of the features promised were in the game when they were promised but were stripped due to technical reasons. You're crying over nonexistent spilled milk.

But considering Lionhead's track record with promising things that end up not being in the game, do you not think it would be wise to just not promise things?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
ssjcb1186-- I'm sorry...I should have read your post a bit more clearly. :D

I understand where you guys are coming from about the game being too short, I really do. So many people are complaining about DLC being the reason for such a short game--and that is where most of my anger about the subject comes from. I/e: The DLC we know of would not increase the game's length.

Assuming that that was the source of your argument, I was being a bit of a hardliner, also my reason for calling you ignorant--my apologies.
I accept your apology, and I don't think you misread anything...I don't believe I specified as to what I was talking about...did I? So, I'm also sorry.

And yes, I did know that there's no DLC that increases the length of the game. I don't think there would be an easy way to elongate the game itself with DLC anyway...

We were all a little too passionate about disagreeing with each other. And I know you didn't call me ignorant, you said it was "ignorant to think a certain way," which is different. So, it's not a big deal :)

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score
If you, like me, felt ripped off by a buggy and incomplete release, then join me now and take up the cause!

Viva la Revolution!

It's funny because he thinks he's the hero in Fable III. It's a psychological thing, see. He played the game so now he thinks it's that easy to start a revolution. And since he's using that term, he's remembering the theme from Fable III. If he didn't like the game to any exstent, he wouldn't remember it. I don't care that the game just came out or he just played it. If you don't like something enough. You'll forget about it soon. Like, real soon.

But considering Lionhead's track record with promising things that end up not being in the game, do you not think it would be wise to just not promise things?

Are there not other games with broken promises? Hell, there's broken promises on real life matters. You just gotta learn to deal with it. I mean come on. If you( I'm not directing this directly at Arseface, but everyone.) are so upset about a game that you try to start a "revoultion" then there's something to be said about the decreasing intelligence of man-kind. I/e We're doomed.

BoomstickSaint

Reaction score
The use of the term revolution was an intended jab at the context of the game itself. Its alright with me if some people feel like they got what they paid for with Fable 3. But to those who feel like they didn't get what they paid for and refuse to take a stand on it because they think that either that's just business, or that the fight is too large, that's how you can see the decreasing intelligence of mankind.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
It's funny because he thinks he's the hero in Fable III. It's a psychological thing, see. He played the game so now he thinks it's that easy to start a revolution. And since he's using that term, he's remembering the theme from Fable III. If he didn't like the game to any exstent, he wouldn't remember it. I don't care that the game just came out or he just played it. If you don't like something enough. You'll forget about it soon. Like, real soon.
Who are you to say that if someone doesn't like something that they'll forget it? Clearly you're ignorant of the fact that people usually (always) remember negative experiences much more strongly than positive ones.
Your ignorance and arrogance is astonishing. Clearly we still remember the game, seeing as it came out a week ago and we played it thoroughly. We never even said we hated it, at least, I didn't. I like the game and enjoyed it; however, that's not what this is about. This is about what we knew it could be plus some of PM's promises being shattered by the realization of what it is.

I'd advise you not to say such definitive claims that have no knowledge of anything to back them up. You only look retarded/arrogant...or both.

Are there not other games with broken promises? Hell, there's broken promises on real life matters. You just gotta learn to deal with it. I mean come on. If you( I'm not directing this directly at Arseface, but everyone.) are so upset about a game that you try to start a "revoultion" then there's something to be said about the decreasing intelligence of man-kind. I/e We're doomed.
Ah, but we're not talking about other games. We happen to be discussing Fable III right now.
Again with the ignorant/arrogant comment. How is it intelligent of us to "start a revolution" over something we don't agree with/enjoy and want to change. Last I remember, that's how America was formed. And it turned out pretty good, until recently that is.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Why should we not try to change something that we don't like? You so crazy.

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score
It's not Peter Molyneux's fault that he promises things that are in the game AT THE TIME!!! When companies try to do soemthing such as make a game, there's bound to be things in there that are going to have to come outin order for the game not to suck. Now don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed with a few of the things that Peter promised that aren't in there, but I GET THE F*** OVER IT!!! Let's put it this way. Would you rather have a game that's buggier than Hell with a few other things in them, or would you prefer a MUCH less buggier game with about 20-40 minutes of content taken out? I'd like to see a few of you try to make a game and promise it to the world with things that would make the world want to buy it, and do all that without breaking ANY of your promises. Do that and I'll be impressed. I'm currently in the process of making a game. It's not the best so far. I've advertised it to my friends and several other people from out of state, and I'm having a few people help me with it. I've been working on it on and off for about 4 months now and I've already had to take things out even after working hours and hours trying to find a solution. Now if I get a chance, I'll go back and try to put those back in, which I'm sure Lionhead tried to do, but it might not be possible with a deadline. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's not PM's fault for broken promises. So there's no need to boycott the DLC. I know a bunch of you won't agree with me but that's how I see it. You have to put yourselves in the other persons shoes to see where they're coming from. *End of rant.*

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
It took me a while to reply to this, wanted to make sure I got all my facts straight. While I quote Kesh's post, he's already going to know all of this, it's really more for everyone else.Absolutely not. Aside from the devs not being allowed to talk about that kind of thing, none of the devs (except the non-dev devs like Sam and testers) have been doing any posting at the Lionhead forums, not since Oct. 27th.

But it is clearly and painfully obvious that content was cut and turned into DLC. Aside from the references to DLC in the files, there's a massive portion of the DVD that's just padded with nothing, over 2GB worth, enough to hold the entirety of all the LCE and DLC content with enough room to spare to throw in an HD video of Peter counting his hairs. By itself that means nothing, but remember that the DVD for Fable II was packed full (which became a concern when we were considering methods of testing mods). And I swear that this difference in free space has nothing to do with improved compression practices. In fact, I'm hearing a lot of people talking about Fable 3 being shorter (among other things) than Fable 2... might have some connection to this void on the DVD where there's supposed to be some game.

But to be fair, developers don't make decisions regarding company policy or DLC or anything else, really... it's not like they're equal to everyone else, like they're somehow human or something.
Am I the only one who would pay for this?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Would you rather have a game that's buggier than Hell with a few other things in them, or would you prefer a MUCH less buggier game with about 20-40 minutes of content taken out?

Yes, but considering it's both of those things, how can anyone expect us to not complain?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Looks like many don't understand the developmental process of a video game. Limitations, budget constraints, deadlines, etc.

Purple Nurple is a wise man.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Purple Nurple isn't wise at all. Funny to see how many people are stupid. I'm going to laugh somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.