• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BOYCOTT! Let's give them their Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
ONI, just because you can't find joy in anything, doesn't mean others can't, and it certainly doesn't make Purp's opinion any less valid.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
This isn't about joy, Arseface. Your lack of understanding had to be expected, I guess. Purple Nurples opinion is simplistic and limited, it doesn't fall on what I should be called "wise".

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Purp enjoyed the game. How is that simplistic or limited?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Arseface, don't pull it too much. You will harm yourself in the very end.

Rachierae

Reaction score
it is not an acceptable practice to push the release of a glitchy and incomplete product

Its funny, would you complain if they pushed the release date back?
If they did push the release date back a LOT of people would be complaining about it not being out on time.

A lot of companies push release dates and release glitchy content.
Oblivion anyone? (i could go on all day, fallout, everything wow related, in short pretty much every game with some form of "online")

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Its funny, would you complain if they pushed the release date back?
If they did push the release date back a LOT of people would be complaining about it not being out on time.

A lot of companies push release dates and release glitchy content.
Oblivion anyone? (i could go on all day, fallout, everything wow related, in short pretty much every game with some form of "online")

They couldn't push back the release. There's a certain budget, there's a certain bunch of people that want money. They couldn't do anything. However, they should have planned their video game better, the courage to leave the community to spot the most obvious problems lowers the 'grade' of the developer in question.

Hats off to Lionhead to making it in time. But at what expense? Well, no expense. It's all about the money and the incomes for the production company and Lionhead itself. Fable is just pushed because it's a franchise that has the strength to sell regardless of the amount of disappointed in the customers.

Unless people stop being a group of cows, goats or whatsoever and stop buying the video games made from Lionhead, we are bound to have Lionhead releasing bad games for the rest of our lives probably. I can't address all the blame to Peter Molyneux either, I'm sure he has his part of the cake in the whole question.

I'm not a total fan of Halo or Bungie. However, I like their way of making video games, they weren't veterans of the Xbox when they started, but they made always good games and they still kick ass. Why? Because they didn't promise, they let the people to figure out themselves, leave the community to create and create! Not being lame and over-talking leaving your lead to make useless promises to your own customers.

People were doomed by this man, and you know who I'm talking about. It's not my problem though. I liked Fable 3, and I can believe that Fable 3 was designed for newer Xbox models. Not those of 2007, or 2008. Go buy a new Xbox, have a clean xbox live account and organize your entertainment and it's budget and your game will have less bugs than the usual.

Don't believe me? I'm keep trying to recreate ALL the bugs that people do have and I find that none of these appear to my game. Why? Why they don't? Because I'm lucky? Because I'm blind or def? No, it's because I do things right and if people don't do things right and expect everything to be ready for their arses then all of the idiots that are again and again making useless comments about how many problems they have is disappointing.

Behold! The world the young people of my generation and the ones that are born nowdays! Behold into what world we live! A world full of idiots, and high junk of over-information in their little heads! Behold what we see nowadays because the doom has just begun.

And if you don't get what I mean then don't get it. Seek for yourself, you will understand too, one day, far away.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
This a ridiculous thread.Either buy it or don't. But using the game's current status as an excuse is laughable. Most every game is shoddy when it comes out. It's mostly due to the complexities of the game engines being made now-a-days.

IF your going to look for an excuse, look at how crap the DLC actually is. The stuff available looks to be worth about half an hour of work apiece. Could have easily been made by one person even. Why wasn't this stuff included in the game as is then?

The ONLY thing worth paying for would be entirely new quests. Quests encompass both scripting and new assets. Anything else should be free. That should be your basis for boycotting.

**snip**
I can believe that Fable 3 was designed for newer Xbox models. Not those of 2007, or 2008. Go buy a new Xbox, have a clean xbox live account and organize your entertainment and it's budget and your game will have less bugs than the usual.

Don't believe me? I'm keep trying to recreate ALL the bugs that people do have and I find that none of these appear to my game. Why? Why they don't? Because I'm lucky? Because I'm blind or def?

No, it's because I do things right
**snip**

How is that right or fair to Microsoft customers?

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Along with what John has to say I also think part fo the blame for Fable 3 rests SOLELY on the community.

The community feedback has been horrid. The community's 'EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OPTIONAL' attitude completely defies everything fable was meant to be. Morphing should be optional, Age should be optional, etc etc etc.

The original concept of fable was to be a hero simulator. But in my opinion lionhead attracted the wrong kind of audience to get that kind of feedback. I've seen it before and I've experienced it before in my own game development.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Boycott of DLC is ineffective. Either people were going to buy DLC or they werent. If they werent, then they likely still wont. If they were.. then why does it matter. You get the content in the end anyway, and its not really forcing you to buy it because you were going to anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.