• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

did you die in your first play thru?

did your die your first time playing Fable 2?

• Total voters
M

Minorthreat

Re: did you die in your first play thru?

I like the scars though =). I only ever had one scar I didn't like and it was from a death caused by a blunderbuss. It was a bunch of small dot shaped scars on my back that me look like a burn victim. It was kinda gross looking actually.

Charliee!

Reaction score

I only died once on my first play with the Commander, which is probably the hardest fight on the whole game. Never died again, now whenever I fight him I use the Raise dead lvl 1, then chaos lvl 3 on all guards , then charge raise dead 4, keep chaosing the guards while I hit the commander with me hammer, and then I finish the fight with a lvl 5 Steels or Lightning. I only get force pushed a few times and nothing more ;)

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Minorthreat;243364 said:
I like the scars though =). I only ever had one scar I didn't like and it was from a death caused by a blunderbuss. It was a bunch of small dot shaped scars on my back that me look like a burn victim. It was kinda gross looking actually.
lol cool never knew that would happen

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;243362 said:
nope. i did the secound time though. >_< got into a tight spot surrounded by hobbes and just got the **** beat out of me in like a sec. several times. i made a stupid move playing while i was to tired to be behind the controler and got swamped. remember kids, drowsy gaming kills!

LOL, you sound like me.:p I try to quit and save before I fall asleep.:)

M

Minorthreat

Angel;243275 said:
I did "die" on my first playthrough and it was so embarrassing because I was fresh out of Bower Lake and decided to kill someone, as you do. Had no money for the fine so I opted for Community Service and was charged with clearing the cemetary of bandits. Only they were much more stronger than I was and knocked me out in about five seconds. I would not have been so ashamed had it been part of the main story or against something like a pack of Balverines....but bandits? In the cemetary? With those ruddy gargoyles mocking me? Took a long time before I opted for Community Service again, I can tell you...

Hey, just caught this. This exactly where I got my nasty scars from. I love how you can skip the community service altogether though and then just keep selecting it. Guards are not very smart!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

^That last part is most likely true. Guards ain't clever, and they won't ever be.

I didn't die in my first playthrough, as I was a melee fighter. Of course, that gives you an advantage in combat, unlike mages. The nasty thing about 'dying', which is being knocked out, is that you will get scar, while types passes by. However, in my second and third playthrough, I've been knocked out a terrible amount of times. And I still wonder why.... perhaps because of being a mage. But from what I've heard, you can't get scars while you're casting... a strange coinsidence I can tell you.
But still, after that huge amount of deaths, I finally saw the 'real tactic' of fighting your enemies. As for such, I do not die at all, except for some unfortunate accidents. But that's it.

The nice thing, in Fable II, is that you won't die and bloody fail your quest, like in Fable 1. God, I'm so happy 'bout that.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

DataHero;243695 said:
^That last part is most likely true. Guards ain't clever, and they won't ever be.

I didn't die in my first playthrough, as I was a melee fighter. Of course, that gives you an advantage in combat, unlike mages. The nasty thing about 'dying', which is being knocked out, is that you will get scar, while types passes by. However, in my second and third playthrough, I've been knocked out a terrible amount of times. And I still wonder why.... perhaps because of being a mage. But from what I've heard, you can't get scars while you're casting... a strange coinsidence I can tell you.
But still, after that huge amount of deaths, I finally saw the 'real tactic' of fighting your enemies. As for such, I do not die at all, except for some unfortunate accidents. But that's it.

The nice thing, in Fable II, is that you won't die and bloody fail your quest, like in Fable 1. God, I'm so happy 'bout that.
Me to. I am so glad we don't have to die this time.:)

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

lol i have never died, and i got the crucuible axe the second try because the first time you dont get it, no matter how good you beat the hi score.

D

dorvan Silrac

The few times I have been knocked out were mostly caused by the fact that I could not see my health bar. Do to some glitch in the game, or maybe some problem with my television, or something else altogether, my health bar will be placed above the top edge of my screen, and I will be unable to see it unless I target a friendly NPC. The other times I have been knocked out were when I was charging a spell and it did not release quickly enough, or when I released a charged spell and it neglected to kill 10% of the enemies attacking me. There are too many glitches in this game.

L

laharl

and some are game breaking

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

dorvan Silrac;243790 said:
The few times I have been knocked out were mostly caused by the fact that I could not see my health bar. Do to some glitch in the game, or maybe some problem with my television, or something else altogether, my health bar will be placed above the top edge of my screen, and I will be unable to see it unless I target a friendly NPC. The other times I have been knocked out were when I was charging a spell and it did not release quickly enough, or when I released a charged spell and it neglected to kill 10% of the enemies attacking me. There are too many glitches in this game.
if you have an old flat screen toob tv the picture can some times be cutoff