• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable 2 jobs

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: fable 2 jobs

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa!!
Now that's a lumberjack song...so gonna be lost on everyone who has never seen Monty Python...

It would be cool if there was some kind of employment agency so when you're a pregnant Heroine, you have to go and claim Jobseekers until you are 6 months gone and then you get to go for your Maternity Grant to get the little sprog his/her own toy swords and bows and guns to train with...

Just think, it could be the place for disaffected teenage wannabe Heroes to hang around outside, smoke roll-ups and drink cheap beer stolen from the tavern cellar whilst they wait for new quests and jobs to become available...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

How about sharing that nifty peter interview?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;48304 said:
Now that's a lumberjack song...so gonna be lost on everyone who has never seen Monty Python...
I wish was a girly just like my dear papa!!

How about
I like traffic lights.
I like traffic lights.
I like traffic lights...
Angel;48304 said:
It would be cool if there was some kind of employment agency so when you're a pregnant Heroine, you have to go and claim Jobseekers until you are 6 months gone and then you get to go for your Maternity Grant to get the little sprog his/her own toy swords and bows and guns to train with...

Just think, it could be the place for disaffected teenage wannabe Heroes to hang around outside, smoke roll-ups and drink cheap beer stolen from the tavern cellar whilst they wait for new quests and jobs to become available...

LOL that's awesome Ha Ha +Rep You are funny! Is any of this from personal exp (you don't have to answer that I'm just kidding.

I heard PM say that if you become pregnant as a female Hero, that you get to a point where you can't adventure any more and spend a few days giving birth. But he added that there is no giving birth mini game LOL A= Push B= Breath-in X= Breath-out y= Scream profanities.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;48400 said:
Is any of this from personal exp (you don't have to answer that I'm just kidding.

I heard PM say that if you become pregnant as a female Hero, that you get to a point where you can't adventure any more and spend a few days giving birth. But he added that there is no giving birth mini game LOL A= Push B= Breath-in X= Breath-out y= Scream profanities.

I was unemployed when I got pregnant at 18 and the sensible Government of not-so-Great Britain said "go and get a job, even though you are unemployable as no one in their right mind will give a pregnant and homeless girl a well paid job" So I signed on until I was 6 months - total waste of time - and had the pleasure of wading through a bunch of doped up drunken teenagers and lazy old blokes who couldn't be bothered to work each week to collect the massive £40 that I lived on each week. Woo Hoo! /sarcasm

Ew - glad there is no mini game :lol: Although it should be:

• A= Push
  • B= Breathe
  • X= Breathe Out
  • Y= Scream profanities
  • White button= Gas and air (that stuff ROCKS!!)
  • Black Button= draw sword and threaten to chop it off your hubby Hero if he dares go near you EVER again after this
And a few days to give birth?? What's up with that??

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Yea he may of meant a few days until you give birth.
Without cut scenes I wonder how they'll do that.

*Screen goes dark*
"AHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHH"
*Screen comes back and there's a baby*

C

chiggaligcm

EVERYONE!!!
it's not a quest job!
it's like being a helper on a farm
other stff
and even becoming a prostitute

R

-Ravan-

Mercanary/Prize Fighter. The only thing i am good at is fighting so again like the original hiring me to go help someone being held for ransom, or killing someone. or joining the local fist fighters gang i am set. oh i forgot Landlord, buy the local shop and rent it spounging a small amount of money that grows with time.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

There will be many ways to get money. Some honest some not. chiggaligcm is right about the idea behind the job, I think. I see you doing some task (mini game?) for a period of time then getting paid. Maybe the money will show up outside of the place you work like rent. Maybe you'll get it through an interaction with your boss.

Here's a quote from Loinheads transcript of PM at X06

one of the challenges in Fable 2 [changes picture to character art] is the ability to become rich, as I said, and the way to become rich is to take on jobs, and some of those jobs are like barman, you can be a farmer, you can be a prospector, you can also choose to work in the, as a woman of the world, shall I say, what that means is of course, well, I’m not going to go into the details there but it does mean as you can imagine it means, and that will all weave into the story, as I said at the end you can either be wealthy or you can be poor, you can get through the game quickly but you’re gonna be poor and that’s all part of it. You can end up owning the North Hall and running it as you like.

I added bolding

Here's the full transcipt Loinhead » Archive » Molyneux at X06 - Transcribed!

M

Minky

Angel;48402 said:
I was unemployed when I got pregnant at 18 and the sensible Government of not-so-Great Britain said "go and get a job, even though you are unemployable as no one in their right mind will give a pregnant and homeless girl a well paid job" So I signed on until I was 6 months - total waste of time - and had the pleasure of wading through a bunch of doped up drunken teenagers and lazy old blokes who couldn't be bothered to work each week to collect the massive £40 that I lived on each week. Woo Hoo! /sarcasm

Ew - glad there is no mini game :lol: Although it should be:
  • A= Push
  • B= Breathe
  • X= Breathe Out
  • Y= Scream profanities
  • White button= Gas and air (that stuff ROCKS!!)
  • Black Button= draw sword and threaten to chop it off your hubby Hero if he dares go near you EVER again after this
And a few days to give birth?? What's up with that??
lol that would be pretty....strange...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Yea good thing it's not in the game but I bet it won't be long until it is.
Maybe with little shockers to simulate the pain lol
Welcome Back Minky

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

"little shocks to simulate the pain"? *cough*have a word with your wife*cough* :lol:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

yea I knew 'little' was stretching it but I did say simulate not replicate
I was there through the whole 13 hours OMG she's tough

A

Archangelz

I like the idea of using some form of craftmanship on the items I would have. For instance, if you primarily deal with a sword of sorts, why not customize the look of the blade? Sort of like the old Fable tattoo cards, except the design would be for your weapon. You could make a number of side quests where you have to be an apprentice of sorts in order to learn the secrets of the ancients.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah but I like the idea of legendary weapons more...

B

Bethrezen

i wanna be a guard, when the bandits or BAD heroes attacks the town, im gonna kill'em all :p (what a bad bad imagination :p..)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'd enjoy being an executioner, or a Gladiator.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Archangelz;52003 said:
I like the idea of using some form of craftmanship on the items I would have. For instance, if you primarily deal with a sword of sorts, why not customize the look of the blade? Sort of like the old Fable tattoo cards, except the design would be for your weapon. You could make a number of side quests where you have to be an apprentice of sorts in order to learn the secrets of the ancients.

I like the idea of more customisable weapons, picking your own blade styles and handle styles etc.

B

blue crow

Maybe a blacksmith i mean how cool would it be makeing swords and guns and reparing them. You would never have to buy weapons again.

V

vitruvian rush

it wouldbe cool if oyu could be hired as you were in the game Harvest Moon for n64, when these guys were building a bridge, you oculd help, oyu went there and chopped wood and stuff everyday till the bridge was made. that would be pretty sweet. or just have like situaitonal jobs, since cities expand and evolve, maybe oyu oculd help build new buildings, fix old ones etc?