• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Not Sounding.. Fabley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Fable 3 Not Sounding.. Fabley?

Fable 1.
From what I've played, it has a great story and you're unleashing your true self in the guild, etc.

Fable 2.
Saving the world and avenging your sisters death and helping Albion recover from the Spire, or not.

Fable 3.
To become king and raise taxes?

Wtf LionHead?

Unless there's something that they're not telling us, it doesn't sound.. As in depth and as mentioned in the title, Fabley.

I'd prefer to be a kickass hero than a politician.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 Not Sounding.. Fabley?

Im sure you will be a kickass character but you will have more control over the bigger picture in the game it seems. Your character will play a more powerful role in the world.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

it's probaly a Fable 2 on steroids.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

"'tis good to be the king."

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I think it'll be just as fabley as the other 2 games, and that there is something they're not telling us. There's probably going to be more to the story than just becoming king, then taking care of king-like tasks. There has to be some kind of "great evil" like Jack or Lucien.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I doubt it'll be any less Fable-like. A lot of the governance sounded similar to things from F2. Taxes sounded like a broader version of rents, judgement sounded like usual conversations and quest-getting, and so on.

Sure, there's more to it. All we have is the bare-bones, earliest official announcement.

And yeah, we already know there'll be a big bad. They've said we'll be overthrowing a tyrant, though they haven't specified who the tyrant is. On the other hand, See the Future did say your F2 hero became king,a dn you are the Hero's child. I just hope they don't kill off your whole family again. They've done it enough there's no emotional attachment at all.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

You'll probably be an "hands-on"-sort of king anyway. Y'know, the kind that actually go out and lead military campaigns rather than sit on his throne commanding his generals.

Bennykelly

Antagonist
Reaction score

Yeah... but you've accomplished everything in fable 1 and 2, in fable 3 its really about starting a revolution and running the entire empire as king/queen...

lionhead assume the majority of the players completed fable 2... which we all know leads on to owning the castle and becoming the king...

as what would happen in real life you would die and your children would be the heir to the throne...

I believe this is definently sounding fabley

just wait :cool:+rep

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I dont like the whole king idea.

I like being poor and looking all scruffy.. Maybe because thats what I look like in Real life.. Hah! :lol:

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

THERE WILL BE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This is just wat I think)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

well, if your leading a revolution, the actual throne room portion of the game may depend on what your "ultimate choice" turns out to be. Revive fallen comrade, take kings throne, or revive dad so you can play catch again... >.>

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;331078 said:
Fable 1.
From what I've played, it has a great story and you're unleashing your true self in the guild, etc.

Fable 2.
Saving the world and avenging your sisters death and helping Albion recover from the Spire, or not.

Fable 3.
To become king and raise taxes?

Wtf LionHead?

Unless there's something that they're not telling us, it doesn't sound.. As in depth and as mentioned in the title, Fabley.

I'd prefer to be a kickass hero than a politician.
i 100% agree fable 3 feels rushed... lionhead are now milking the cash cow, fable 1 and 2 where completely different from eachother but where love letter to thire fan base...
this feels rushed and will be a fable 2.5 not 3 IMO but its still early to tell for shure... im a huge HUGE fable fan and i almost crapped my pants/cryed when fable 2 was announced, when i heard of fable 3 i was like.... really?
also you might need natal to play it witch blows cus i hate that thing

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Aions;331280 said:

I hope not. I bought a 360 for a reason. I didn't buy a 360 for it to copy everything the Wii has.

After reading some of the posts, I hope there is something they aren't telling us. I'll just have to wait ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Aions;331280 said:

Zjuggernaut;331347 said:
I hope not. I bought a 360 for a reason. I didn't buy a 360 for it to copy everything the Wii has.

If you read previous posts in the announcement thread its already been stated that Fable III will NOT be using Natal.

Albion Knight;331076 said:
They are not planning on using Natal with Fable III

From, Gradius1, one of the Lionhead Level Designers.

Gradius1 said:
We have no plans to use Natal for F3 so please stop making threads about it :)

Here is the link

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Aions;331280 said:
i 100% agree fable 3 feels rushed... lionhead are now milking the cash cow, fable 1 and 2 where completely different from eachother but where love letter to thire fan base...
this feels rushed and will be a fable 2.5 not 3 IMO but its still early to tell for shure... im a huge HUGE fable fan and i almost crapped my pants/cryed when fable 2 was announced, when i heard of fable 3 i was like.... really?

What Drakan said. Also, I don't think it feels all that rushed. 2008 to 2010 is two years, which isn't too long and isn't too short. Fable 2 took an obscene amount of time because they kept delaying and ended up switching systems, if I remember right (I might not).

Milking it would be hiring another developer to crank out a crap sequel the day after you release the first one.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;331410 said:
What Drakan said. Also, I don't think it feels all that rushed. 2008 to 2010 is two years, which isn't too long and isn't too short. Fable 2 took an obscene amount of time because they kept delaying and ended up switching systems, if I remember right (I might not).

Milking it would be hiring another developer to crank out a crap sequel the day after you release the first one.

well, if they don't properly assess the strengths and weaknesses of Fable 2 then they will be essentially milking the series.

So many great features for fable 2 were suggested on these forums and the other fable fansites. I can't help but feel it to have gone to waste. If Lionhead is as in touch with their fanbase as i think they are, they have hundreds of amazing things they could put in this game just by browsing a few forums for a day. :hmm:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;331426 said:
well, if they don't properly assess the strengths and weaknesses of Fable 2 then they will be essentially milking the series.

So many great features for fable 2 were suggested on these forums and the other fable fansites. I can't help but feel it to have gone to waste. If Lionhead is as in touch with their fanbase as i think they are, they have hundreds of amazing things they could put in this game just by browsing a few forums for a day. :hmm:

... So, basically, if they don't fix every little thing that you didn't like about F2, you're going to complain that they didn't "properly assess the strengths and weaknesses of Fable. Can I assume that you will also whine like a little ***** if they use the same engine and all, or will you be more mature than that?

I'm sorry that's unneccesarily harsh, but I'm not sure how else to say it. Yes, there better be improvements to the game. On the other hand, the way you said it sounds immensely pompous, and for another (maybe a foot?) "strengths and weaknesses" are immesely subjective. You can still find people bitching that they better bring back longbows, and people willing to argue endlessly about the relative merits of the F1 and F2 magic system.

And yes, I think we've had lots of good ideas. And we've seen some of them happen. But we've also had lots of asinine ideas, pipedreams, and other crap.lus, that paragraph disagrees with itself. First, you say it has gone to waste, then you say you're sure Lionhead is in tune with their fanbase? Which is it?

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

WELL....Maybe you're only the "King"/"Queen" for a certain amount of time.
Y'know...Maybe a big swist of events leads you outcasted and have to overthrow the new evil baddy king who's brainwashed everyone...
blah blah blah.
But I doubt it.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

sirgage0;331480 said:
WELL....Maybe you're only the "King"/"Queen" for a certain amount of time.
Y'know...Maybe a big swist of events leads you outcasted and have to overthrow the new evil baddy king who's brainwashed everyone...
blah blah blah.
But I doubt it.

Actually, that would be interesting. Not as interesting as overthrowing your F2 hero, but if your F2 hero assumed the "old mentor" kinda position that Theresa held in F2 and Maze/the Guildmaster held in F1? Y'know, guiding you as you fight against the guy who usurped them? Could be fun.

S

Samsyko

i don't really like the idea of the game being in episodes

1 you'll have to wait for each new episode
2 it will probably cost a loads of ms points
3 you'll need fable2 to play i'm guessing so it will just be more dc for fable2

Status
Not open for further replies.