1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fable 4 or Fable (reboot)?

Discussion in 'Fable IV' started by Nichool, Sep 20, 2018.

?

Fable 4 or Fable (reboot)?

1. Fable 4

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Fable (reboot)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Nichool

Nichool Member

Trophies:
    If playground are making a fable game, one of their first decision regarding story and lore is to decide between making Fable 4 or Fable (reboot).

If they make Fable 4, they'll simply pick a timeline within the lore and expand upon it. If it's a full reboot that would enable them to have much more creative freedom on the world and story while hopefully retaining core elements such as the heroes guild, magic, creatures, towns like Bowerstone, etc...

Personally I don't mind either of them but I do think that the studio might prefer to go full reboot to signal a fresh start, have more creative freedom and introduce fable to a new younger audience.

Which would you prefer Fable 4 or Fable (reboot)?

KaveX and lee like this.
  2. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Administrator Staff Member Guildmaster Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    I dont mind either way, I would like the lore to still stand for something of course but I wouldnt mind them stepping away from previous games in many other areas. With the core elements remaining there are MANY things that I would either strip out or redesign entirely to bring the game up to date with other RPG's. The humour needs to remain to an extent but remove the childish parts like the farting/dancing expression wheel & bring in meaningful dialogue choices.

KaveX and lee like this.
  3. KaveX

KaveX Witcher Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    I would personally love to see a reboot for the simple fact it's not Lionhead developing Fable anymore. I would hope they retain the art style and the general feel of the series (Humor, morality, decisions, etc). Maybe they could soft reboot it back to the Old Kingdom and implement more fleshed out RPG mechanics such as dialogue options, impactful choices, gear stats and attributes, focused character builds instead of just learning everything in the game. An actually decent magic system would be a god send as well. I can't tell you how much I detest Fable II and III's magic. There's many other things I would like to say and touch up on, but I feel like this post would just end up becoming an essay :lol:.

lee, Nichool and Dark Drakan like this.
  4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. lee

lee -Hero of Knowledge- Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    I would definitely prefer a reboot. Although modern games such as Fable Anniversary and Fable 3 was fun the fundamental game engine is just to old. I definitely agree that the old expression wheel needs updating and many other things as well. A new company at the helm now will bring new ideas and hopefully they won’t be bogged down with old gaming mechanics. I’m much the same, keep humor, fantasy world, RPG elements and great world design.

Dark Drakan likes this.
  6. LuckyLuk

LuckyLuk New Member

Trophies:
    I'd definetly prefer reboot..

lee and Dark Drakan like this.
  7. Saccadon

Saccadon Active Member

Trophies:
    I would like either, really but it's hard to pass up a reboot.

lee and Dark Drakan like this.
  8. Walker

Walker Ax-Wielding Nerd

Trophies:
    We've been hoping for a reboot to the Old Kingsom or Jack of Blades days for years, why would it happen now? Pessimism!

lee likes this.
  9. lee

lee -Hero of Knowledge- Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    Fable is a massive franchise and with Microsoft investing more time in their software I believe that it could still be possibly on the cards. I keep my fingers crossed that this could be finally the year that we hear some news on a new Fable.

10. VinDiesel

VinDiesel New Member

Trophies:
    Hasn't each sequel been a reboot? Very little remained from one game to the next. The franchise wasn't ever really meant to expand existing lore but to make money for Microsoft. Which isn't bad! Everyone needs to make money. But the sacrifice was that lore was written and rewritten as they went, as well as game mechanics and even game genres! It's a linear rpg throughout, then it's on rails but don't say it's on rails, then it's a f2p mmo, moba, whatever Legends was going to be. Now it's a tcg. It's scary. People want a new Fable game but does anyone know what a Fable game is? Fable has no persisting identity as a series.

The prospect of a different, recently acquired studio with different developers whose only experience is in Forza playing with Fable under continued Microsoft oversight scares me because I don't know what Fable's going to be next and I can't think of any group of people less able to do it justice besides EA.

Nonetheless, I'd like to see a new Fable game that expands on the universe from the original. Call it Fable: TLC 2.

Editing this so it doesn't come off as hostile, that's not my intention.

I know they're bringing in rpg talent. I know they're formulating. I just worry. Every entry in the series has been met to some extent with disappointment and a lot of that was Molyneux and I know that he's not around anymore. But that's double-edged. Molyneux isn't around, the Carter brothers aren't there, the original Fable teams aren't there. And it's still Microsoft. I'd be careful about optimism, instead relying on pragmatism and healthy pinches of salt.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019