• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable as a movie?

B

Bradderz

Fable as a movie?

Im sorry if this has already been done, but i did search for it so here goes.

Was having a couple of beers in the pub the other night and got into some random conversation about whether or not they could/would make a fable film. So who dya reckon they'd get to direct it/act in it?

I think they'd have to stick to either a good or evil alignment.

and i reckon Bill Nighy for Maze

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Fable as a movie?

Movies based on games tend to.... be a disgrace combared to the game. I don't really like the idea of seeing one of my favourite game being ruined by Hollywood. :unsure:

B

Bradderz

Good point - but whats to say , with some of the talented directors around that it would be ruined. I mean i totally get where your coming from though. I dont think there even has been a "game to movie" so far thats been any good, but theres still time.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Ya' know, I don't think I've ever even thought about the idea of a Fable movie adaption before. I bet it would rule though - if only for sentimental value. As unlikely (well, nearer impossible) as it is - it's still interesting to dream up your own ideal cast for the movie should it ever grace our screens.

I've no idea who would be a good candidate for the hero, but I agree that Bill Nighy would be awesome as Maze.

+rep to anyone that can give some examples of good actors to play in the film. ;)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

There's already been a thread like this... I remember talking about it before.

B

Bradderz

Okay ive got another one, he's not famous as far as im aware but that inn keeper in lord of the rings looks the spits of the knothole glade chief ... i think

The hero would have to be very dynamic as an actor.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Would the Hero be good or evil?

B

Bradderz

i suppose to keep the element of the game, the hero would probably have 2 be abit of both like a hero who at some point makes more villainous decissions?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah ive spoken about this before and Fable would be hard to turn into a movie because the game is all about choices and consequences and would be hard to transfer that style to the big screen.

L

loony ninja

If they did, personally I'd pick either Michael Fassbender or Gerard Butler to play the hero. If anything, since doing 300 they at least have the hero like physique.

B

Bradderz

i guess so, and i think they'd end up leaving too much important stuff out

i agree Gerard Butler for hero

Djimon Honsou or Michael Duncan Clarke for thunder?

L

loony ninja

Duncan would certainly have the imposing presence for Thunder. If he could develop a decent English accent it would be even better.
Can't say I've heard of the other guy though. What's he been in?

B

Bradderz

Lol thats if i spelt it right he's the witch doctor guy (papa midnight or sumfing) in constantine he was just recently in blood stone. Michael definately id more suited for the build i just thought djimon had more about him.

L

loony ninja

I can't remember her name, but for Briar Rose I would go with the woman who played the main vampire in Underworld.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

A good idea though despite it being virtually impossible...unless they did some kind of sliding doors thingy so you can be good and evil...but that hurts my brain, so we won't go there...:lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;87059 said:
A good idea though despite it being virtually impossible...unless they did some kind of sliding doors thingy so you can be good and evil...but that hurts my brain, so we won't go there...:lol:

Yeah i know what you mean (i never got that movie either) but that would be the only way around the good/evil perspective.

B

Bradderz

loony ninja;87057 said:
I can't remember her name, but for Briar Rose I would go with the woman who played the main vampire in Underworld.

Kate Beckinsale , good choice

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

They would have to do two movie released simultaneously one where the hero was good and one where the hero was bad. No one has ever done that. It would be soooooo awesome.
I could see Nick Nolte as a really old good hero and Jack Nicholson as a really old Evil Hero Maybe Toby Maguire as a Teen Evil Hero He could probably be a good hero as well.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I'd be perfect for the role of Aldy.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

LOL! I'm loving some of the choices for characters guys! I like the suggestion for Kate BEckinsale as Briar Rose too - I think she has the typical English accent down perfect (her being English did help too...)