• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable as a movie?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable as a movie?

Tom Waits could be the acolyte at the Temple of Skorm

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

A movie in the Fable universe... that might be cool, but a movie actually based the Fable game... not so much.

For instance, I'd see a movie about Archon, maybe one about Maze or the Guildmaster in their youth, or even Scarlet Robe... but one about the Hero, from Fable 1 or even Fable 2 I would not like.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

An interesting point - I mean, with some of the history they have already created within Fable it would be awesome to see them expand upon some of that and to find out about other characters in more depth. Even the guy near the guild getting bullied said he used to be a hero so even he has a story.

Maybe the whole rebellion thing that the guildmaster is said to have been part of before he got all old and wise - or all the Old Kingdom stuff...

L

loony ninja

projectego;87010 said:
+rep to anyone that can give some examples of good actors to play in the film. ;)

This mean I get some rep for my choices now? :p

F

FableFreak

I think if we put James Earl Jones into the gym and maybe pumped him with steroids he would be a perfect Thunder.

Or we could use this guy...

I think Kirsten Dunst could play Theresa well:

th_15714_kirstendunst_122_895lo.jpg

Chuck Barris as Maze:

th_16059_chuck_122_1051lo.JPG

th_16261_maze_122_587lo.JPG

Orlando Bloom as our Hero:

th_16453_orlando_122_1191lo.JPG

th_16536_hero_122_427lo.JPG

I could see Johnny Depp as Jack of Blades:

th_16889_depp_122_1090lo.JPG

th_16892_jack_122_559lo.JPG

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

What about Brom and the mother? :lol:

N

NeutronHInc

If I was making the movie, I would cast the following... In order of appearance.

For a younger (in his 20s-30s) Hero I would have Orlando Bloom
For a middle aged (in his 40s-50s Hero, Vin Diesel or Ron Perlman
For an old fart (in his 60s-80s) Hero, got me there.

Theresa, Kirsten Dunst or Milla Jovovich.
Maze, Bill Nighy, Ian McKellen, or Christopher Lee
Guild Master, Patrick Stewart, nobody else could play that role better!
Whisper, any black chick will do. There are so many that would fit, but I would want to see an unknown actress, a new face.
Scythe, Morgan Freeman (for a flesh Scythe), James Earl Jones as Scythe's Voice(if Scythe is computer generated)
Briar Rose, Kate Beckinsale
Thunder, Michael Duncan Clarke hands down! (or The Rock)
Twinblade, I can only think of one beefed up oldish fart, :w00t: Hulk Hogan :w00t:. LMFAO
Jack of Blades, Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn)
Lady Grey, Helen Hunt
Scarlet Robe, though one here. I'm clueless. Maybe Dame Judy Dench

L

loony ninja

Holy crap Freak, that guy looks like his arms are about to explode! I can see it now half way through the fight Thunder has with the hero, bringing down his sword down when all of a sudden BANG! Muscule, bone and blood fly everywhere...

Definitely like the idea of Depp as Jack, it just seems to work so well. Have a bit of the smart **** attitude he had as Captian Sparrow only more sinister.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sorry guys but Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst make me want to vomit...

I wanna see MR. T in it - just for pure comedy value...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

James Earl Jones as Brom...

(Darth Vader's Voice :lol:)

L

loony ninja

Sigourney Weaver as Scarlet Robe perhaps?

B

Bradderz

Gotta admit i prefere the idea of the history of the guild/albion.

Could only think of one director for the job and that would be Peter Jackson.

L

loony ninja

Peter Jackson is good (I loved 'Meet The Feebles', esp at the end when the hippo starts blasting away with the M60... I think it was an M60), but I never got into The Lord Of The Rings movies he did. No matter how hard I tried I kept falling asleep when I watched them. If it were up to me, I'd choose one of the directors from the Harry Potter movies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I still hate the idea of a Fable movie, but one can't deny that Clarke would be perfect as Thunder. Hells, he IS Thunder.

Clarke-IS-Thunder.gif

L

loony ninja

lol, Thunder, not Thunder, Thunder... you get the point...

Yeah, but like I said, he would need to develop an English accent. Not a half arsed corny job at it either. I suppose he could always try to immitate an Aussie one... Americans always sound more English than anything else when they try.

B

Bradderz

i thought thunder had like a broken english accent in the game. Who for whisper?

L

loony ninja

Well I was thinking Naomie Harris from 28 Days Later. She proved in that that she can kick zombie butt, just throw her in an intense fight class for a few months and hey presto, you have yourself a Whipser.

B

Bradderz

loony ninja;87413 said:
Well I was thinking Naomie Harris from 28 Days Later. She proved in that that she can kick zombie butt, just throw her in an intense fight class for a few months and hey presto, you have yourself a Whipser.

YES! awesome god choice, Naomi Harris for the win lol and she wouldnt need to put on an accent - Gave you some rep for that choice!

L

loony ninja

Woohoo! rep goodness. I thank you.

Now just for some fun, for the bard that's in every tavern, I'd have Simon Pegg from Shaun Of The Dead.

A

Avo'sMurderer

nah... i think the hero shuld b will ferrell he kiks ace. thunder shuld b arnold schartza-watever lol