• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Has New Race And New Continent Confirmed By Molyneux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Re: Fable III Has New Race And New Continent Confirmed By Molyneux

I'm leaning toward elves, personally. The name Aurora doesn't have much of a Dwarven vibe to it. If it were a Dwarven land, it would probably be called... Ironforge or Skyrim or something.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Necromancer11;363602 said:
What do you mean?

I think the fact that Aurora is inhabited by a new race greatly implies that it is its own region, separate even from Samarkand. We've seen what kinds of beings come from Samarkand. They're black dudes, not a separate species, and there's never been talk of another species inhabiting Samarkand.

They've never said specifically what Samarkand is.

Think he means that initially it was "the world of Albion." Now it's "the little tiny island country of Albion."

Says who? I'm not convinced that "new race" means we'll be getting elves or whatever. I hope we don't. I'm fine just having humans, hobbes, and balverines.

No, they've never specified. But it sounds a lot more like a country tha it does anything else. Well, maybe it sounds like a generic "far east" sort of descriptor, but that doesn't preclude it being a country. F'rinstance, for quite some time "India" referred to a complete cluster**** of independent, interconnected, vaguely related entities, even sometimes washed over into China or Persia and such. No reason that Samarkand couldn't be something more than a country and less then a continent.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

finally i can be black.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Apple.

I mean, "a new race?" Well, that's sort of a given with a new continent but I don't believe it to be a sci-fi or high fantasy style race (think dwarves, elves, and aliens... lol). You know, they say people from Africa and people from, say, Japan are different races - it could simply be such a thing. A new people that's from Aurora.

By the way, will you not be able to explore or adventure in Albion anymore (more than just a beach or port in the beginning or something)?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Walker;363647 said:
Says who? I'm not convinced that "new race" means we'll be getting elves or whatever. I hope we don't. I'm fine just having humans, hobbes, and balverines.

I never said anything about encountering elves. I hope we don't have things like elves or dwarfs as well, but I was just saying that the fact that Aurora is inhabited by a new species implies to me that it is separate from Samarkand.

Walker;363647 said:
No, they've never specified. But it sounds a lot more like a country tha it does anything else. Well, maybe it sounds like a generic "far east" sort of descriptor, but that doesn't preclude it being a country. F'rinstance, for quite some time "India" referred to a complete cluster**** of independent, interconnected, vaguely related entities, even sometimes washed over into China or Persia and such. No reason that Samarkand couldn't be something more than a country and less then a continent.

The reason I think of Samarkand as more of a continent is because it has been compared to a mix between Asia and Africa, both continents.

Rukishou;363713 said:
By the way, will you not be able to explore or adventure in Albion anymore (more than just a beach or port in the beginning or something)?

Albion is still (and always will be) the main land in Fable.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Necromancer11;363781 said:
I never said anything about encountering elves. I hope we don't have things like elves or dwarfs as well, but I was just saying that the fact that Aurora is inhabited by a new species implies to me that it is separate from Samarkand.

The reason I think of Samarkand as more of a continent is because it has been compared to a mix between Asia and Africa, both continents.

Congrats on completely missing the point. All we've heard is "race." Not "species." "Species" assumes something not specified in "race." I only mentioned elves as an example of a "race" meaning a different species rather than a "race" as "those people with the different-colored skin and the funny-looking eyes."

It's possible. But Russia is a combination of Europe and Asia and it's a country, and at one time was multiple countries. Persia/Iran is a combination of the Middle East and Asia and it's a country. The Middle East is a combination of Europe/Africa/Asia and it's a region containing many countries.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Walker;363784 said:
Congrats on completely missing the point. All we've heard is "race." Not "species." "Species" assumes something not specified in "race." I only mentioned elves as an example of a "race" meaning a different species rather than a "race" as "those people with the different-colored skin and the funny-looking eyes."

I highly doubt they meant a new race of humans. Most people would think of something that would classify as a different species when they hear of Aurora's new race.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

I don't really mind the new race being a new species altogether, but I would prefer simply a race as in

Walker said:
"those people with the different-colored skin and the funny-looking eyes."

Marltone

Reaction score

So, one of the storytellers in Fable 2 randomly said 'When I was a boy I heard about a people that lived in the mountains. They were short people and had bushy beards."

This at least gives reason to believe the new race might be something from high fantasy and not just a different human ethnicity.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I'm telling you, they'll be blue.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^I have to know...are you actually being serious? You seem somewhat persistent on this topic. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.