• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

1. There were so many glitches in Fable 2 (can't complete Love Hurts, I'm playing the swimming animation in Archon's Knot and I can't attack or fast-travel, etc). Fable 3 should be debugged properly.

2. The guard system was dissapointing in Fable 2. There was pretty much no improvement from the first Fable guard system and it was a joke. If you kill a guard in private, no-one should know. I think that the town bell should actually have to be activated by a guard and if you kill the guards who try to activate it, it shouldn't go off. Also, you should be able to disactivate the town bell yourself. Guards should spawn as you massacre them but eventually, they should die out - unless you disactivate the town bell and kill any remaining guards that saw you in which case, they stop spawning. Also, guards that do not see what's going on should not hutn you down but instead, remain neutral despite your killing-spree.

3. I think that you need more spells for Fable 3. Coming to think of it, what was wrong with the Fable spell system?

4. Properties were far too expensive in Fable 2 and most of them don't benefit you enough. You can't buy the good properties in Fable 2 until the end but by then, it is too late to make real use of them.

5. The story of Fable 2 was far too short and was not as interesting as I had hoped. I was shocked that you would spend the entire game gathering up a few heroes, only to kill Lucien with but a single shot with no real boss battle.

6. Speaking of bosses, there were no real bosses in fable 2 at all; they were all too easy.

7. What time will Fable 3 be set it? Obviously, you can't jump forward by another 5 years or you'll end up having Fable 3 Modern Warfare which I think would not suit it very well. I still think that time should go forward so we can see Albion's changes but it should still be colonial. The guns were a good edition and should be kept. However, they must not become a too bigger part of the game because teh game must still feel old-fasioned and Fable-like, if you get my meaning.

8. We won't have to put up with gargoyles will we? They were so annoying and the prize for killing them just isn't good enough (50,000 gold just doesn't cut it I'm afraid).

9. Also, silver key chests had rather generic items in them and the treasure in the final one in Castle Fairfax was a joke. Bloody hell, what's 50,000 gold in comparison to the 1,000,000 required to buy the damn castle to get to that chest in the first place?

10. Also, demon doors. They need to hold better items and the final demon door with 50,000 gold was insulting. Take the Bower lake one for example. You need to get expressions that practically require you to complete the game as well as buy a property that is worth more gold than the worthless prize you get. One agument that can be bought from the Gyspy Camp for just over 4000 gold. Very valuable.

11. Also, morality. It was far too hard to get good points and too easy to get evil points. Also, you must sacrifice a lot in order to get good points but why? What benefit is there in being good and giving up so much? As far as I can see on Fable 2, there is precious little in it for you.

12. Fianlly, a character creation would be good. I know that your appearance is supposed to change based on your moralty, but really, coudln't your morality, lifestyle and your pre-game choices determine your appearance? Why should I have to start ith white skin and brown hair and eyes? I think that you should be able to determine your colours at the beginning of the game as well as your facial apperance and your hairstyle (I don't like the idea of having to choose a hairstyle from a barber and then having to deal with the consequences should my favourite option be a bad statistical one).

Then, in game, other features of your character (like horns or butterflies or will-lines or fatness) should kick in during gameplay depending on your actions. Why are green eyes liked to corruption? Why are blue eyes and blonde hair linked to good morality? Why are brown eyes and hair linked to neutrality? Why are red/pink eyes and black hair and dark skin if you're corrupt) linked to evil moralty? Seems discriminate to me. Morality and other choices can still make you look different, but think that I should be allowed to make some choices about appearance at the beginning of the game too. All the other RPGs I know let you so why is Fable 2 an odd one out?

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Oh, and did I mention tresspasers? You should have the right to call the guards when pepole trespass in you house - or just close the bloody door. Is that too much to ask? Also, if you can get reported for harrasment, you should be able to report villagers for harrasment. Finally, you should be able to scare everyone. Some people may scare more or less easily, but think about it. A helpless villager having a gun at his head or a sword brandished at him with his life being threatened, would you not be scared? Guards too, if they know that they are having their arse kicked, should know when to just leave it if they want to live.

Oh, and also, villagers should not run away as much as they do in Fable 2. That was so annoying. Then can back away and beg them not to kill you, but not if it is obvious that you are not going to hurt them and they should shut up afterwards. Furthemore, you were unable to get someone who was really frightened to follow you. You had to amuse them slightly but not too mcyh first. Weird. Finally, I find it weird how gifts generate the least love, then romantic expressions, then fun expressions with the most. Surely, it should be the other way around?

X

Xeon

The dark skinned part of corruption is because he's filthy and unwashed... it's dirt. Don't take the gargoyles away, they made the game interesting.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I want the trees and forest to grow and expand like they said he would. And maybe, like the picture on the first page of the fricken walkthrough, we could actually ride horses. :D

W

WarHawk

Xeon;313432 said:
The dark skinned part of corruption is because he's filthy and unwashed... it's dirt. Don't take the gargoyles away, they made the game interesting.

well it doesn't make much sense. "Hey I am evil and I don't take showers." I think NPCs could care less. I mean people don't care if they see other people that don't bathe but it doesn't make them run around like chickens with their heads cut off. They just see them and hold their noses I guess. There are a lot of people that were evil. Lucien was evil and he is as white as a ghost... no "dirt" on his skin.

And i don't really care if the gargoyles stay or go. they were annoying but i think they were kind of funny. nevermind i hope they take 'em away. I have only open 3 of the doors anyway.

W

WarHawk

the things i want from Fable III:
more spells
more weapons
more clothes
ARMOR!! (i liked the armor from Fable 1, why exactly did they take it away? i know it's colonial times but when the English came to America they still wore steel armor....)
more towns
more hairstyles and facial hair
more ways to get money
more kinds of pets (like a pet store or something)
more quests
longer story
more bandits
another arena but longer (like 20 rounds max)
more hero titles (names)
more demon doors
more bosses (like 10-20 bosses)
more expressions other than Belch and Fart (same thing just come out a different end)
assign spells, potions, and other items via the directional buttons (like Fable 1)
an easier way to block
a little bit of puzzles (like the Fire Heart puzzle from Fable 1)
and a bundh of other stuff that i will have to come up with

K

ked

i think their should be same weapons but add the bows
more legendary weapons and how about some legendary spells where you have to find the legendary books and then read the incantations to acces the spell.

storyline: in the long time their was a legendary town called "bowerstone" in the past it was legendary for it was the home of a great but very gullible hero who had listened to a mysterious sorceress named "Theresa" who had tutored him into killing a king named "lucien" .lucien had created the legendary spire in order of protecting the hero and destroying the evil "Theresa". in the heroes childhood theresa had gained control of the young lucien and forcing him to try to kill the hero. since theresa knew that the hero would survive she made it as though he would fall from the highest tower. after regaining control of what he had done he knew he had to make the most powerful object available the legendary "spire". as he was building the spire he had no idea that Theresa was helping the hero into a monster killing mainiac who was eventually going to kill lucien and realize what theresa had done. in despair the hero was wandering from land to land till at last he had found a true love who was willing to help him build a new land over bowerstone who had fallen under the control of theresa. theresa had killed everybody but the hero and the wife and as since she had no one to sacrifice to the shadow court as they would make her immortal for villagers. as she had no one else to sacrifice other then the hero who had gone into hiding with his wife. Theresa had struggled to go into hiding as she was losing her powers from becoming old as she was always young with the victoms to give to the shadow court but now she at last had to die as all did as the shadow court came for her and she hid the seal in a land. the hero and the wife eventually found the shadow seal which the shadow court would come after next the hero who knew what would happen sacrificed the seal to the immortal Scyth. scyth who had met theresa perviously and had acctually spent a time with the heroes sister who had died because of theresa gladly helped the hero and the wife told them to find the castle named castle fairflax and find the last potion of the legendary alchemist leo head and told them when they had it to add blood from the wife and hero and both of them drink from it and thus thousands of men and woman were created and they eventually helped the hero and wife create a new kingdom named "Nemitstone". a young child who was destined to kill the hero and wife had been trained by the hero revolted against them and killed them both. the young child had forgotten to kill their little child and hundreds of years after the killing of the hero and wife. a desendent of the hero had inherited the power of his ancestor and not knowing why he was so powerful asked a seer why he was controler of the will melee and skill powers told him that he was a desendent and that he ought to find a friend who would help him retrieve the kingdom from the now king as the person who would kill the hero would gain the immortality but if striked down by a desendent would lose the immortality and die like a mere mortal. the new hero must then track him down defeat foes and find ancient powers which would eventually have enough power to overtake his rightful throne and become a king and destroy all the armies that were under control of the evil king and convince the lands that he was the rightful king by preforming heroic deeds and either helping those who were poor or strike them down.

i am hoping that fable 3 could have the storyline of having the hero destroying him and gaining these ancient powers to destroy the evil king and only the evil king

Wazillafirefox

A masked man
Reaction score

Being able to press RT and use a Leveled up spell instead of taking damage consantly and being knocked out again and again...
why level up spells, your gonna use the bootom one anyway it still lvl.1.

all fable one looking armor the assasnin armor in fable 2 looks so(whats the word for unscary) compared to fable 1.

Limated edittion codes should always work
(my fable 2 is LCE and i bought it two months ago and the code wont work becuase its after 2008 WTF.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I'm thinking their should be different organisations and nations you can join because that would increase the diversity of players by so much.:ninja:

S

Sapphire Phoeni

Choice to remove Will Lines.
Skin colour choice
More hair style choices.
More tattoos choices.
Piercings!

Also, bring back the dog!

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Dual wielding
Shields
Quick Time Events
Auto block system?

G

Godman507

people should be able to select their own personal settings.

For Example: If you don't want the kids to grow up, you just go into settings and have something that turns the growing up on and off. Of course that would probably also apply to your character as well.

J

Jnerkin1548

dont complain so much about the game, the reasons why Lionhead did all those is because it is what they wanted the game too be, not so every little detail, and the armour was taken away because you have guns, if you think about it, during the civil war they didnt wear metal armour because the bullets would go right through them......and I really only hope that the game is a bit linger and that the Hero's Guild is back so i dont have too be the only hero everyone goes crazy for, i liked the Hero's Guild in number 1 it was awsome, and I like how they improved the spell system in Fable 2, in nmber 1 i didnt even bother with the spells other then the healing one, Also Lionhead its an awsome game, it really really is, but maybe could you put polls on your website about stuff like Hero's Guild back, yes or no, horses yes or no, all these question people have so people dont btch 24/7

J

Jnerkin1548

not so every little detail could be picked at*

J

Jnerkin1548

Also i think Lionhead should make albion bigger like maybe also have smarakand and the north, and bring back cullis gates, have a wait thing like oblivion, and not be so far into the future, 500 years i think is too much, the world changed so much, like seriously, NO hero's guild?

G

Godsbeard

I think maybe having the option to destroy towns and rebuild abandoned ones, like oakvale in wraithmarsh, i LOVED oakvale in fable I =( although i like that the cursed snowglobe from see the future is basically oakvale before it was destroyed. anyway, maybe not DESTROYING towns but y'know, scaring people away from them, for example in fable I if you buy all of oakvale then evict everyone, thetown becomes abandoned apart from the guards and you, which was kinda cool.

A

AimlessCleric

Take Assassin's Creed and Fable 2, add some improvements, and mash them together and just forget about fable 3 or Assassin's Creed 2.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

I hope for some sunglasses that's all i want.

M

Mr.Freeman

Thing that they should do is the abiltly to shut the god damn door to your house so only your family and you can get not every passer by who decides to wonder in to your house.

Armor that gives you defense points or something.

aging of the hero and his spouse and child ( should be reversible through potions)

maybe instead of a dog you can chose an animal you find in the woods or something

I think there should be the option of having no weapons attached to you so basically unarmed and there should be the option of having 2 bladed weapons 2 guns or just magic.

more clothing and customization

larger world and in stead of having loading screens just make a huge world like in world of warcraft so it seems like an actual big land instead a lot of tiny ones.

allow your dog in your house

W

WarHawk

ked;314299 said:
i think their should be same weapons but add the bows
more legendary weapons and how about some legendary spells where you have to find the legendary books and then read the incantations to acces the spell.

storyline: in the long time their was a legendary town called "bowerstone" in the past it was legendary for it was the home of a great but very gullible hero who had listened to a mysterious sorceress named "Theresa" who had tutored him into killing a king named "lucien" .lucien had created the legendary spire in order of protecting the hero and destroying the evil "Theresa". in the heroes childhood theresa had gained control of the young lucien and forcing him to try to kill the hero. since theresa knew that the hero would survive she made it as though he would fall from the highest tower. after regaining control of what he had done he knew he had to make the most powerful object available the legendary "spire". as he was building the spire he had no idea that Theresa was helping the hero into a monster killing mainiac who was eventually going to kill lucien and realize what theresa had done. in despair the hero was wandering from land to land till at last he had found a true love who was willing to help him build a new land over bowerstone who had fallen under the control of theresa. theresa had killed everybody but the hero and the wife and as since she had no one to sacrifice to the shadow court as they would make her immortal for villagers. as she had no one else to sacrifice other then the hero who had gone into hiding with his wife. Theresa had struggled to go into hiding as she was losing her powers from becoming old as she was always young with the victoms to give to the shadow court but now she at last had to die as all did as the shadow court came for her and she hid the seal in a land. the hero and the wife eventually found the shadow seal which the shadow court would come after next the hero who knew what would happen sacrificed the seal to the immortal Scyth. scyth who had met theresa perviously and had acctually spent a time with the heroes sister who had died because of theresa gladly helped the hero and the wife told them to find the castle named castle fairflax and find the last potion of the legendary alchemist leo head and told them when they had it to add blood from the wife and hero and both of them drink from it and thus thousands of men and woman were created and they eventually helped the hero and wife create a new kingdom named "Nemitstone". a young child who was destined to kill the hero and wife had been trained by the hero revolted against them and killed them both. the young child had forgotten to kill their little child and hundreds of years after the killing of the hero and wife. a desendent of the hero had inherited the power of his ancestor and not knowing why he was so powerful asked a seer why he was controler of the will melee and skill powers told him that he was a desendent and that he ought to find a friend who would help him retrieve the kingdom from the now king as the person who would kill the hero would gain the immortality but if striked down by a desendent would lose the immortality and die like a mere mortal. the new hero must then track him down defeat foes and find ancient powers which would eventually have enough power to overtake his rightful throne and become a king and destroy all the armies that were under control of the evil king and convince the lands that he was the rightful king by preforming heroic deeds and either helping those who were poor or strike them down.

i am hoping that fable 3 could have the storyline of having the hero destroying him and gaining these ancient powers to destroy the evil king and only the evil king

THE LEGENDARY SPELLS THING SOUNDS KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! lionhead needs know that one!!! that just sounds badass!!!! like a dragon spell, or blizzard spell, water demon or something.. THERE ARE JUST SOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU COULD DO WITH LEGENDARY SPELLS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.