• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

madferit

Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

I would like to see armor back, also I would like to have at least 3 different dificulty levels. This since I think the difficulty level in fable 2 is a way too low...

I missed "mana" in Fable II, and im hoping we get this back in Fable 3, including a few more spells and at least one healing spell.

Also I wouldn't mind to be able to customize the body/face of my character before entering the game. It's all about personality in fable 2 innit, so why is this feature lacking...

spawn200

Reaction score

I want it to be like World of Warcraft with a

*Bank
*Dungeons
*Item Tradeing

well basically you get my point

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

the ability to merge spells. yes, i know that you can already set it like slot 1: time control. slot 2: inferno, etc...thats not what i mean.

make every spell able to be mixed with another for a unique effect. examples:

swords+shock=zeus
player throws thunder bolts

raise dead+vortex= hells gate
a portal to the underworld spawns on the ground holding all enemies above it immobile

inferno+time control=rush
player bursts forward at near-instantaneous speed, all enemies caught in path take heavy fire damage and/or are incinerated.

push+chaos=fodder cannon
enemies willfully become your ammunition. when near, they can be propelled forward at cannon-like velocity to damage their allies.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

spawn200;351124 said:
I want it to be like World of Warcraft with a

*Bank
*Dungeons
*Item Tradeing

well basically you get my point

U don't need item trading.

U don't need a bank, money doesn't take up inventory space.

Fable II had dungeons, fable III will probably have them and finally

World Of Warcraft is a gay game.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

bring back berserk mode possibly as a spell but...

it would also be cool to see berserk mode as a sort of "unleashed" form that every hero has access to, powering up all of you're heroes strengths, and having physical changes to the hero customizable by the player
want you're heroes eyes to glow? have him levitate rather than walk? their bow glow with color and designs? that's what i have in mind
not unsimilar to "going super saiyan" in dragonball z

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu

The ice dragon
Reaction score

hi I just joined, it would be good if you could create your own guild of heroes, and choose wether the people can be good or evil or it would be great if you could create any number of guilds a pit them against each other and see them battle to the death:devil:, a good spell would be if you could make your enemies kill them self with random objects:D, i want lionhead to keep the gargoyles, cos they were jokes

Esoterawatt

Watching Watcher
Reaction score

-Much more in-depth story with a much more sinister villain
-If it's in a time of seafaring, have seafaring godammit!
-Great diversity in clothes (not just dyes)-- potentially different shops actually selling their own brands of clothes.
-Armor again (In great diversity)
-Samarkand (Duh!)
-Going much more in-depth with the lore and esoterica (Scythe, The Old Kingdom, etc...)
-Economies are great, but I'm not interested in being able to own everything-- It takes the fun out of it.
-Don't go trying to replicate the Arena again-- You will fail.
-More diverse and practical spells which actually allow for epic pwnage and spell-chains
-Get rid the button-timing combo or at least refine it real well. It sucked in Fable II
-Fix the 360 clock cheat. It was fun, but I felt cheap and it watered down my experience.
-Actually make side quests engaging and worthwhile this time around.
-Hold off on the DLC; make the core game as best as it can be.
-When you do release a DLC, make it worth my time, $$$, and bong rip.
-For the PC version, ship it with a full modding program.
-When you say that the whole landscape of an area will change dramatically over time based on your choices, mean it.

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu

The ice dragon
Reaction score

Seeing as fable 3 is going to be in the industrial revolution does anyone think that there should be trains?^_^

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu;353126 said:
Seeing as fable 3 is going to be in the industrial revolution does anyone think that there should be trains?^_^

I agree with Bankai! Raizen Enryuu...

The whole movement from midevil limes to like colonial times was interesting, but not as cool as fable TLC.

I want to see fable 3 start to move back into older ways and revolve more around magic, armor, weapons and heorism. When walking through Bowerstone, you shouldnt be reffered to as a celeberty! You are a hero.. I just want to see fable 3 resemble fable TLC more than it does Fable 2.

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu

The ice dragon
Reaction score

I think thats a great idea for the fire bears jack of blades, the idiots that come to your house will beg not to be burned hehehe:devil:, i think it would be great if you could just get on the trains and hear the conversations of the pirates and people and so on and look out of he window while the train is moving and see the scenery blurring before your eyes while the landscape is changing and you can see the smoke from the various chimney and foundries, that would be awesome!:D

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

holy crap, it most certantly would. Mabye while we are at it we can kill all of the bosses that come our way with a single bullet and spray the feirce monkey-like creatures called balvarines with our red dragons.

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu

The ice dragon
Reaction score

Hey what do you think of this idea of maybe combining different weapons together like a katana and a hammer, so maybe it could look like a mixture of both, with the fast strikes combined with power so it would be a great weapon^^ and it would be just great if you could name your weapon and when you call out its name, (depending on your good,bad,corrupt,pure alignment it would do its own specific ability:)

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

I've thought about it quite a bit, and I really think armor and armor ratings should be reintroduced in Fable III for a number of reasons. If you really think about it, even clothes offer a minimal amount of protection. After all, clothes put an extra layer between your skin and the enemy's blade, so perhaps it would make sense for clothes to have a slight armor rating. Also, just so we can have a little more variety, I propose that more different articles of clothing are added. My idea for the various articles are:

• Hats / Head
  • Masks / Face
  • Scarves / Neck
  • Vests / Shoulders
  • Shirts / Chest / Upper Body
  • Coats
  • Wrists
  • Gloves / Hands
  • Belt / Waist
  • Pants / Legs / Lower Body
  • Shoes / Feet

Also, another idea that I literally just came up with at this very moment would be for clothes and armor to be seperate, i.e. you can mix and match clothing in one screen, then switch out to another screen and mess with your armor seperately. Like clothes, armor would have various articles, though I'd imagine that they wouldn't be as numerous as clothes. My ideas are:

• Head
  • Shoulders
  • Hands
  • Chest
  • Legs
  • Feet

Of course, armor wouldn't be things like full plate armor. Instead, armors that are more time appropriate (early 1800s, by the looks of it) would be used, such as gambesons, brigandines, etc.* There would probably also be leather varieties and more.

* Rheckameohs acknowledges that the armors he listed had fallen out of use by the 1800s. He's just saying, you know?

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu

The ice dragon
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;353777 said:
I've thought about it quite a bit, and I really think armor and armor ratings should be reintroduced in Fable III for a number of reasons. If you really think about it, even clothes offer a minimal amount of protection. After all, clothes put an extra layer between your skin and the enemy's blade, so perhaps it would make sense for clothes to have a slight armor rating. Also, just so we can have a little more variety, I propose that more different articles of clothing are added. My idea for the various articles are:

• Hats / Head
  • Masks / Face
  • Scarves / Neck
  • Vests / Shoulders
  • Shirts / Chest / Upper Body
  • Coats
  • Wrists
  • Gloves / Hands
  • Belt / Waist
  • Pants / Legs / Lower Body
  • Shoes / Feet

Also, another idea that I literally just came up with at this very moment would be for clothes and armor to be seperate, i.e. you can mix and match clothing in one screen, then switch out to another screen and mess with your armor seperately. Like clothes, armor would have various articles, though I'd imagine that they wouldn't be as numerous as clothes. My ideas are:

• Head
  • Shoulders
  • Hands
  • Chest
  • Legs
  • Feet

Of course, armor wouldn't be things like full plate armor. Instead, armors that are more time appropriate (early 1800s, by the looks of it) would be used, such as gambesons, brigandines, etc.* There would probably also be leather varieties and more.

* Rheckameohs acknowledges that the armors he listed had fallen out of use by the 1800s. He's just saying, you know?

yeh i agree with your idea, that would be great^^

Reaction score

hmmm too many spells would be too much to handle....fable 1 and fable lost chapters for example.....but maybe the return of plate armor would be nice

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

CELEBRITY BOBBLEHEADS HIDDEN ALL OVER ALBION

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

the singing sword