• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sean33

Re: Fable III improvements

OK so I'm hoping that Lionhead read the posts on these forums (Which I would guess they do).

Now I cant speak for everyone when I say this but from personal preference and the preferences of other people I have talked to through other games and preferences of friends I can say that the following things need to be improved before I or many other people I know will play another fable game.

On September 14, 2004 me and a close friend (Both of us were about 13-14 years old) rented Fable, it was a sunny afternoon and we didnt really have high hopes for the game (We actually only got it because there was nothing else). Nevertheless we got back to my place and threw the game into the xbox. Unexpectedly we played that game for the next 48 hours straight, making a profile each and taking 4 hour turns on each of our own profiles, the game was so addictive and fantastic we didn't even mind watching the other person play for 4 hours.

We were both huge RPG fans and my favorite game is still Morrowind, we loved nearly everything about fable, it brought a new world into reality but with with much more simplicity than previous RPGS we had played.

Some of the things we loved about Fable:

- Simple fighting system that was fun throughout the entire game.

- The story and plot was amazing. I will actually never forget the story of this game. The cut scenes after each chapter were thrilling to say the least (The parts where we are looking at the paintings). My favorite part of FABLE1 was when we are taken prisoner by Jack of Blades and kept in the dungeon. Ahh the memories!

- The ARMOR! I am going to say it again, THE ARMOR. Jesus Christ, the person who thought "lets get rid of armor IN THE FANTASY RPG GAME" needs to be taken out back and beaten with sticks. This was the SINGLE biggest let down of Fable 2, trust me when I say that you don't really feel like a mighty warrior when your running around wearing linen shirts.

- The difficulty, this is one of if not the most important thing. In fable1 there were times when I didn't know where to go or what to do. Times when I died more than once on a boss encounter and times when I was thinking "**** this" and went to take a break. Now this may not sound very appealing but science has proven that human beings love a challenge, a challenge keeps us coming back for more and trust me when you overcome a challenge the feeling of self worth and relief is great, in real life and in games.

When we sat down to play Fable 2 we had high hopes and felt an assurance that those hopes would be fulfilled. Disappointingly we have never been so wrong. For the first 3 hours I kept thinking that I must have selected "I grew up on a farm, have an IQ of 65, drink toilet water and have never played a console game in my life" Difficulty, because I'm sorry to say but the the difficulty on fable 2 was pathetic. My friends 6 year old brother has completed the game 3 times and like us he didn't die throughout the entirety of the game.

Long story short we decided to not make a profile each and to just take turns playing the same character because the game to put it simply was nowhere near as riveting as either of us had remembered. Instead of playing the game for two days straight we played for 8 hours.

In fable 3 we need to see

Armor

A MUCH better storyline

Less of the bull**** drama, no more trying to make us feel attached to stuff in the game. Fable 1 did this without having half the game developed around it. The ironic thing is that I couldn't give a flying **** if half the people in fable 2 died of cancer where as in fable 1 I spent 25 min deciding whether or not to take the sword at the end.

Get rid of the TERRIBLE magic combat mechanics. They were boring to use and looked terrible.

Make the game much, much, much harder. As hard if not harder then fable 1. A trained monkey could have played fable 2.

Unfortunately I bought fable 2 thinking it would be a masterpiece of a game. I will be rented Fable 3 and if it still has all the same weaknesses of fable 2 I will be putting the controller down after the first few hours.

Just my two cents. There was much more to be said but after realizing I had just written a wall of textual eye rape I think it best to stop here.

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score

Sean33;382306 said:
OK so I'm hoping that Lionhead read the posts on these forums (Which I would guess they do).

Now I cant speak for everyone when I say this but from personal preference and the preferences of other people I have talked to through other games and preferences of friends I can say that the following things need to be improved before I or many other people I know will play another fable game.

On September 14, 2004 me and a close friend (Both of us were about 13-14 years old) rented Fable, it was a sunny afternoon and we didnt really have high hopes for the game (We actually only got it because there was nothing else). Nevertheless we got back to my place and threw the game into the xbox. Unexpectedly we played that game for the next 48 hours straight, making a profile each and taking 4 hour turns on each of our own profiles, the game was so addictive and fantastic we didn't even mind watching the other person play for 4 hours.

We were both huge RPG fans and my favorite game is still Morrowind, we loved nearly everything about fable, it brought a new world into reality but with with much more simplicity than previous RPGS we had played.

Some of the things we loved about Fable:

- Simple fighting system that was fun throughout the entire game.

- The story and plot was amazing. I will actually never forget the story of this game. The cut scenes after each chapter were thrilling to say the least (The parts where we are looking at the paintings). My favorite part of FABLE1 was when we are taken prisoner by Jack of Blades and kept in the dungeon. Ahh the memories!

- The ARMOR! I am going to say it again, THE ARMOR. Jesus Christ, the person who thought "lets get rid of armor IN THE FANTASY RPG GAME" needs to be taken out back and beaten with sticks. This was the SINGLE biggest let down of Fable 2, trust me when I say that you don't really feel like a mighty warrior when your running around wearing linen shirts.

- The difficulty, this is one of if not the most important thing. In fable1 there were times when I didn't know where to go or what to do. Times when I died more than once on a boss encounter and times when I was thinking "**** this" and went to take a break. Now this may not sound very appealing but science has proven that human beings love a challenge, a challenge keeps us coming back for more and trust me when you overcome a challenge the feeling of self worth and relief is great, in real life and in games.

When we sat down to play Fable 2 we had high hopes and felt an assurance that those hopes would be fulfilled. Disappointingly we have never been so wrong. For the first 3 hours I kept thinking that I must have selected "I grew up on a farm, have an IQ of 65, drink toilet water and have never played a console game in my life" Difficulty, because I'm sorry to say but the the difficulty on fable 2 was pathetic. My friends 6 year old brother has completed the game 3 times and like us he didn't die throughout the entirety of the game.

Long story short we decided to not make a profile each and to just take turns playing the same character because the game to put it simply was nowhere near as riveting as either of us had remembered. Instead of playing the game for two days straight we played for 8 hours.

In fable 3 we need to see

Armor

A MUCH better storyline

Less of the bull**** drama, no more trying to make us feel attached to stuff in the game. Fable 1 did this without having half the game developed around it. The ironic thing is that I couldn't give a flying **** if half the people in fable 2 died of cancer where as in fable 1 I spent 25 min deciding whether or not to take the sword at the end.

Get rid of the TERRIBLE magic combat mechanics. They were boring to use and looked terrible.

Make the game much, much, much harder. As hard if not harder then fable 1. A trained monkey could have played fable 2.

Unfortunately I bought fable 2 thinking it would be a masterpiece of a game. I will be rented Fable 3 and if it still has all the same weaknesses of fable 2 I will be putting the controller down after the first few hours.

Just my two cents. There was much more to be said but after realizing I had just written a wall of textual eye rape I think it best to stop here.

HAHA i like this, i agree for the most part but honestly if fable 3 failed again and all they had as a saving grace was the city building machanics i think i would still be up for hours playing my heart out :p

its different for different ppl tho....

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I kind of want to be able to jump on my own, but thats not at the top of my wanted list.

Dualist

Reaction score

I don't think they have any available buttons left that they can assign motions to :p

SORAYISS

Reaction score

hell ye i agree completely bud. Fable 2 is a sorry excuse for a game i mean damn.. i was expecting so much and recieved nada, but i kno fable 3 will be better i jus got that feeling, im sure they got enough **** from fans to not screw up again, so dont trip bro and get ready to be amazed again when the next installment releases at the end of this year

SORAYISS

Reaction score

o an why does the rain go through buildings? anybody else notice this? is it acid rain or wuts the deal haha

Dualist

Reaction score

Uh no, I actually haven't noticed that. Considering there are very few places where it rains.

And BTW, don't double post.

DeathShade

Git R Done
Reaction score

I think that one way they could improve the game is to create levels and a level cap like at 99 or something

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

there will be leveling up, and i hope that theres a cap cuz then it wont be a challenge anymore but im thinking more than 99

DeathShade

Git R Done
Reaction score

cool, so there is gonna be leveling? Good because it got boring once you had beat it and done all the achievements... i dunno i just said 99 as a number not as that is what it had to be

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

your weapons will also level up. and they will morph but chances are youve already learnt bout the morphing system so i dont think i need to elaborate

DeathShade

Git R Done
Reaction score

Lmao haven't really, is there a site or something explaining all this or is it just traveling through the fans?

SORAYISS

Reaction score

what morphing?.. na you should elaborate how exactly does the morphing work ? id think that would be a little annoying if your equipment is morphing on you. and duelist my bad about the double posting dont catch a fit

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

lol okay well your weapons will morph depending on how you use them. If your evil and kill innocents itll drip with blood all the time, if your a pure king it will shine with glory. things you kill will shape your wepaon, how many of those things you kill, how often you use it, your purity will effect it, your corruption, your good/evil will change it, even your gamerscore will make the blade sharper and stuff. it doesnt have to be a blade either, all your weapons can morph, axes, scythes,etc. then you can name them and sell them online and stuff.

fastforward to about 3:50

[youtube]B4tFB55_8fQ[/youtube]

SORAYISS

Reaction score

damn hell ye i like how the fightings more realistic and evan was right there are acrobatics but only in combat pretty badass but they really shouldv changed the heros movement a bit i jus think its weird lookin for sum reason and they got wings.. so maybe my wish of flying ability will come true..? i sure hope so and i noticed evans pic of the horses.. damn .. seems like everything iv asked about is coming true... HELL YES!! this is no doubt gunna be the best one yet

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

SORAYISS;382651 said:
damn hell ye i like how the fightings more realistic and evan was right there are acrobatics but only in combat pretty badass but they really shouldv changed the heros movement a bit i jus think its weird lookin for sum reason and they got wings.. so maybe my wish of flying ability will come true..? i sure hope so and i noticed evans pic of the horses.. damn .. seems like everything iv asked about is coming true... HELL YES!! this is no doubt gunna be the best one yet

lol. horses <3

not sure bout the flying, the wings get bigger/smaller depending on how many followers you have so i guess it just represents your fame, considering they removed renown and experience orbs and all that.

and i agree, they should change the movement, but that doesnt bother me too much.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

what? they took out renown and experience.. good idea i i think thatl make things better actually but how do you get better with your weapons and magic? is it like in oblivion or wut and if it was in that video i didnt see it cus i was busy so if it is jus let me kno

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Well I'm not sure exactly about the magic but with strentgh if you use heavier weapons and stuff you will become strong and if you used guns more often you will become more skilled. Maybe the more magic u use the better you get but I doubt it cuz wat they've done with fable 3 is make magic rings. If you were to wear a fire one and a storm one you could weave them together to make a firestorm. so maybe for magic level ups ull have to buy better rings

Status
Not open for further replies.