• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

Clickin' the right stick. Honestly, I don't need a button mapping to check my character out. Useless. Or was that the left stick? Bah, whatever.

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score

Evan52395;384191 said:
^The bumpers are in use for expressions and camera angles. But raping A has no effect yet.

I would like to also be able to make my own locations in the next game. For example stand in a certain spot in the castle bedrooms and save the location and name it "Kings Chambers" or something. Then have it as a teleport option under Fairfax Gardens or whatever it'll be called in F3.

didnt PM say they were going to move away from the expression wheel, thats why expression touch is gonna be put to use, freeing up one bumper and also i love the idea of being able to personally add on to things in my city and make names THAT STAY THERE for rooms and ppl- and its still gonna be fairfax gardens

Dualist

Reaction score

Aww, but I like the expressions...

F

fable 3 :O

cheezMcNASTY;280232 said:
laser guns
lightsabers
kids can grow up to be adults and follow you around
interplanetary travel
jobs cary more character definition so you aren't just doing oddjobs, you can have a profession.

ur kidding right? that would just kill the game.

Z

Z Refan Z

A range of different difficulties as both fable 1 and fable 2 were both easy to complete:(
A Longer storyline as both fable 1 and 2 were pretty short
The cutscenes were better on fable 1 as the camera view was better by the camera zooming onto the talking character, than on fable 2 where you would see a bunch of characters talking
interuptions during character dialogue, which then change the person thinks about you for example, or cutting someones head:p during a scene

Fable 2 money and leveling system were making the game too easy

- Instantaneously gaining gold when you were offline from rent instead of fable 1 where you collected the bags of gold outside the houses
-Changing the date/time on the xbox to fifty years into the future example= alot of money(which i didnt do)
- Fable 2, the method i discovered on the first day it came out (UK) less effective than changing the time and date of the xbox was where you would buy a shop buy all the goods from the shop(gypsy camp with the stones) sell the shop then resell the goods and make a profit in less than minute

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Z Refan Z;384410 said:
A range of different difficulties as both fable 1 and fable 2 were both easy to complete:(

A Longer storyline as both fable 1 and 2 were pretty short

Fable 2 money and leveling system were making the game too easy

Most RPGs or open world game sdon't have difficulty choices i.e. Assassins Creed, Oblivion, Two Worlds, Gta, etc.

Ya the storylines were pretty short, but I'm getting the feeling that since there will be no credit role in Fable 3, there won't really be an end to the storyline, considering the ruling part is the other half of the story.

I found the money collection (non-glitching) ways were pretty realistic and the leveling up system was difficult enough. I saw no problems with those.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

i think they did a really good job by making you have to work for your $. but since the game wus so short it made working pritty much pointless.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;384538 said:
Most RPGs or open world game sdon't have difficulty choices i.e. Assassins Creed, Oblivion, Two Worlds, Gta, etc.

Ya the storylines were pretty short, but I'm getting the feeling that since there will be no credit role in Fable 3, there won't really be an end to the storyline, considering the ruling part is the other half of the story.

I found the money collection (non-glitching) ways were pretty realistic and the leveling up system was difficult enough. I saw no problems with those.

Acually Oblivion does have a difficulty bar where you can set the difficulty higher or lower

And I agree with the money collecting and leveling system

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Oh well then lets replace Oblivion with...Dragon Age.

Dualist

Reaction score

If I were to take a guess, I'd say the credits will role after you resolve things with Aurora, as that is the second plot arc in the game. Maybe it will be ruled by some ruthless tyrant, and you have to single-handedly take on him and his army. After the battle you can choose to kill him and steal his riches or spare him and join forces. Theresa will make some random appearance: then the credits will roll :D

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Yes but that would remove the victorious feeling that PM wants to keep. If they were to roll, I'd rather it be at some unimportant time. Maybe they won't roll at all. I've played games where "credits" were at the menu and you'd chose to watch them or not.

Dualist

Reaction score

Uh, you can't have a victorious feeling without victory. And beating out the tyrant of Aurora would be a victory. Lol.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

That wasn't my point. The reason PM's making it a two part game is so that the victorious feeling you get from victory isn't taken away from you.

Dualist

Reaction score

Uh no. He wants the player to feel like he has power. Which is why you become king, lol.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Urgh... He is replacing the credits with becoming King, so you don't lose the feeling of victory after you defeat your enemy.

You just said he wants the player to feel powerful. How powerful would you feel if you defeat your enemy in a huge battle and instead of redeeming rewards you get a credits screen?

Dualist

Reaction score

I don't think he ever said that. He said he doesn't want it to be like a typical game. Where the story ends after beating the first big villain. He never said he wouldn't include credits because he thought you would feel less victorious. And if he was going to include a second part of the game, then he would obviously include another big villain. Otherwise there would be no point. It would be just like playing Fable 2 after beating Lucien.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

ey, as long as i can keep playing than its all good, credits or not.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

PM:
You rise to power, you defeat the big baddie...and credits roll. We asked ourselves, why is it like this? How could we change it to make you, the player, feel powerful?

Doesn't match to your assumption.

Watch some interviews or something, I'm done with this.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

kids pack it in, or I'll send you to your rooms!

I think what PM was saying (and Evan lotsofnumbers) is that you play a game for 20+ hours working towards a goal (becoming king/saving the world/getting the girl etc, etc) the game then ends. Bang! that's it, you won, now bugger off! With fable III it's a different situation, it's Bang! you won, now what you gonna do?

one of the great things with fable (which I've noticed other games doing) is letting you play on after the credits. With fable III by the time you get to the credits you'll have done it all, seen it all, and got the novelty tee-shirt!

Dualist

Reaction score

LOL. Yes. He said that's how the typical RPG plays out. Did he ever say: "Our game is going to be never-ending"? Nope. He just wants it to play out differently then a typical RPG. So that even after you defeat the first bad guy, there is still a sense of power, and the story is not yet done. If the game went into some kind of aimless king mode after overthrowing Logan, and there was no goal, no villian to defeat, then it would be just like playing Fable 2 after the credits.

And no, I don't think after you defeat Logan the credits will roll, I think there will be a second story arc. Another major villian to counter. Otherwise, as I said before it would be pointless. Like playing Fable 2 after the credits. Sure there are a couple quests and achievements but there's no huge goal you're working towards. And eventually that will get to be a bore.

And also Evan, I have no idea where you got the "feeling of victory" thing. I said multiple times that PM would want you to feel powerful, not infinitely victorious. And what did PM say?
"How could we change it to make you, the player, feel powerful". Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.