• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable , the unofficial novel... and soon to be official!

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Re: Fable , the unofficial novel... and soon to be official!

Chapter 7, part 3

He stood beside the oak tree in a Mid-Oakvale he once knew. The village was as empty as a dead one, but no building stood in ruins…yet…it was as if everyone had disappeared only yesterday, and had left him to live in solitude. It was awkward, being in a quiet Mid-Oakvale, when in reality, the streets would be exploding with life and currency. Or was this reality? The oak tree swayed in the gentle breeze, a leaf fell of a branch to join in the wind’s parade. Slowly, and silently, more leaves fell, propelled through the air by the gaining gust. Soon, the breeze grew into something worse, as the leaves circled around Dominic. He shielded his eyes, but saw the oak tree, which was now bare to its twigs and branches, before he did. The leaves got faster, and faster, and faster, until he saw nothing around him, but green and brown blurs. His hair was caught in the wind, along with his clothes. His scabbard and sword was blown off his belt, and was engulfed in the twister of leaves. He grew short, and thin, until at last, he was his young self, as young as he was nine years ago. The green and brown became red and orange, as flames ate the leaves away. Dominic was trapped in a fiery vortex. He screamed in his highest voice.
“Help!”
Instantly, the cyclone disintegrated, but the flames lingered on. They had spread through Oakvale, burning everything in sight. The sky was dark with night, smoke and blood. The oak tree fell to its knees, crumbling to ash. The stalls broke, and the Miscellaneous Items’s glass windows burst into many sharp pieces. There were screams everywhere, bombarding his eardrums to their very last cords. He covered his ears with his hands and dropped to his knees. He shouted out, in agony.
“No!”
His eyes were blurred out, but then they sharpened, and in front of him, was a dark figure. It waved its hand, and slowed time itself, to a crawl. Falling buildings were suspended in mid-air, as the flames licked at the slowest speeds imaginable. The screaming, too, faded, sounding distant. The figure took a step forward, into the light of a burning shop. The man stood, shadowed, his face obscured by a blood-red cloak, which flapped in the boiling breeze, a breeze that fed the very flames. Two glowing, red slits were positioned where eyes should be, but nevertheless, they pierced Dominic, sending the coldest of chills down his spine, despite the surrounding heat. His darkened lips formed a wicked grin. He walked slowly, but confidently, getting closer with every step. Dominic tried to run, but was petrified in place. His legs ignored his pleas, letting the man stand over him. The man bent over Dominic, staring into Dominic’s face, filling him with a very twisted concoction of fear, of hatred, of…pain…
“I see you, Dominic…I have you within my grasp…you cannot run…you cannot hide…you cannot fight… you shall be mine…” An indescribable cackle made its way out of the man’s cloak. One that was… impossibly harsh, impossibly cold, impossibly…
“NO!”

Part 4

Dominic awoke, terrified to the sole of his feet. He got up and scanned the entire room for the cloaked man, but saw no one. It was just…a dream… He relaxed and sighed, then realised that he was sweating profusely. He wiped the sweat off his face and got out of bed. He was his full size again, and he wasn’t in Oakvale, but instead, in Bowerstone. Suited up for the day, he walked down the staircase of the Bowerstone Tavern, and into the bar, crowded with people from many origins. They all went silent, as he walked into notice, and bent their heads away, either to stare at the foam on their mugs, or to whisper something into the ears of the person sitting next to them. Dominic looked around, and noticed today’s new scroll pinned on the tavern’s door

SABRE THE MERCILESS
Kills knocked out man without reason

The title of the article sickened him. He continued his way out, tearing the scroll off its pins on the way. While he walked, he crumpled the scroll into a ball of paper and used his Will to set it on fire. He tossed it aside, and by luck, it fell into a bucket of water, carried by an old woman. She shrieked and let the bucket fall from her hands, as she retreated into her house. After a while of thought, Dominic decided to return to the Guild for some reading. It would be a healthy way to take his mind off some things, an action that he dearly craved to do in the past few days. Alex, Donaven, the Bandits…Theresa… If only, he could just rid himself of his brain, then he wouldn’t have to worry, he wouldn’t feel sorrow, and he wouldn’t be twisted for revenge. If only, those bandits hadn’t even gone close to Oakvale that night, then he would have lived a normal life, dreaming of normal stuff and settling his own personal problems. He might even have had a girl by now, if the attack hadn’t happened. If only…
Stepping on the Bowerstone Cullis Gate, he felt himself rise slightly, before the sensation of a very quick wind blew at his skin and face. Bowerstone’s slums and shops zoomed out of vision, replaced by the map-table and the torches of the Guild’s corridors. He landed gently, suppressed the usual rising bile, and stepped out of the glowing blue circle. He got to the library and picked a book up from a vacant table. The cover had a drawing of a man-wolf, below the title that read, ‘Blood Fangs and Lycans: The End of Obside’s Reign’.
He sat down, and flipped the book open. He turned page after page, and stopped at the book’s very middle page:

Ever since that night, the two ‘monsters’ fought a hard war. Lycans had the speed and the strength, but they were evenly matched by the Lord Obside’s intellectual edge, and the Fangs’ magnificent skill at craftsmanship. Years and years on, which grew into bloodied centuries, they fought. After a surprise assault by the Lycans on the Fangs’ base, a tower was built right in the middle of Albion for the Fangs to keep sight of their opponents. In today’s time, this tower is located in-

The rest of the page had faded, washed away by time. Frustrated, Dominic threw the book back onto the table. It broke through the table, which fell into several wooden pieces. Dominic backed away, looked around for any witnesses, and got out of the library. Aimlessly he walked, until he found himself under the weak Sun, in the middle of the training grounds. With no humans in sight, he wandered. He looked at an archery ring, and pictured a memory. A young boy was having a hard time with his bow, as he couldn’t aim properly. Every arrow missed. Then came a girl, who took his arms and put them in better positions. She helped him pull the string back and let go, leaving the boy to shoot on his own. The arrows after that were mostly on target. He jumped in joy, and shared a hug with the girl. The memory faded.
He sighed and walked on. Soon, he found himself on the Arcanum Island. Nothing stared at him, here. Finally, peace, something he really needed. He sat, cross-legged, and relaxed. He took very deep breaths in as he took the silence in as well. He meditated for a minute or two, before the unexpected interrupted him. A drop of rainwater, landed down his cheek, making him open his eyes. Another drop went down his nose, and another on his hair.
“Oh no…”
What was three drops, evolved from simple drizzle to heavy downpour.
Just my luck.
He rolled to his feet. The rain was hard, in such a way that he could not see through it. He ran in a random direction, from smooth earth to water, his feet started to go deeper, with every step, into the water. Then, it levelled out. Suddenly, he felt a sudden blow to his head, like the rain had turned into a sledgehammer. And, as soon as it came, it went, entirely, with only small spray speckling his face. He wiped his eyes of any water, and realised that he was staring straight at a curtain of water. He had just got himself out of the rain and through waterfall behind the Arcanum Island. Now, he stood in a small cave that was no bigger than the map-room. At the back of the cave, was a large carving of a bearded face on the wall. A bearded face that, although old, seemed untouched by erosion. Still, it looked old, as in Old Kingdom old. Dominic approached it. He traced a finger over its earlobe, wondering what it was or what it meant. But then, he was startled when a rock grindings of a chuckle sounded.
“Oh...ah...ah... ha-CHOO!”
“What in Avo-”
He took a step back, glancing around for the source of the sound. He faced the waterfall to see if someone, besides himself, had entered the cave, but none stood there. Then, again, the sound of rocks being pulled against each other echoed.
“Who are you looking for, lad?”
Someone was talking behind him, sounding old and wise, but all he could see was the stone face. As he got investigated the carving closely, however, he could spot a change. The eyelids were open, revealing two circular sapphires that shined its own light...and those very gems were aimed at exactly where he was. The face’s beard shifted, as it opened its mouth.
“I believe you’ve never seen my kind before, have you?”
“N-no, sorry but-” he must be hallucinating. Talking to stone carvings? All that stress must be getting to him.
“You’re not imagining this. I am real, but of course, I must introduce myself. I am a Demon Door. We are the guardians of Albion’s greatest treasures, or most of it.”
He shook his head, not believing his own senses. But if it was reality, then so be it. Why not play along? “So you hide something?”
“Yes,” it shifted its eyebrows. Specks of dust fell off from them. “I protect one of the Guild’s most precious treasures, but if you desire it, then you shall have to convince me to let you have it.”
Hmm... That seemed fair enough, or easy enough, whichever way you saw it. What was the hardest thing a stone face can have you do? “Fine, what is it?”
“Listen to my riddle, and find its solution,” it ‘cleared’ its throat and recited a couple of sentences, in a very deep and rocky tone. “Your path is dark. Only the light will reveal a way, and you are not bright enough.”
“Wh- I didn’t catch that.”
The face repeated the riddle. Dominic went into his ‘thinking’ mode, which helped with his headaches for very strange reasons. My path is dark...maybe I have a lot of evil to fight later? Hmm... No idea... Only the light will reveal a way...not sure again... I am not bright enou-Hey! I’m not that dumb. I’m just...confused. Erma...wow, isn't it hard to think in the dark...
He held his hand out and conjured a fireball on his palm. It was small, but it was enough to illuminate the whole cave. Ah... that’s better...
“You’ve got it, young lad!”
“Wh-“
The face nodded at the flame in his hand. Dominic stared at it, as it flickered slowly and innocently.
The light! The flame was the light that revealed a way! It had nothing to do with his life path. The answer was just as simple as illuminating a dark cave. All he had to do was light the path that was right in front of him. And that ‘bright’ stuff, it wasn’t about his intelligence, at least not directly...
“Oh...”
“I’ve seen previous lads venturing out to eliminate all of their inner darkness , and come back to learn nothing from it, but you! You are bright! Oh, how long have I waited for this day- Come on, now, in you go!”
Around the bearded face, cracks appeared. It swung itself forward like a real door, revealing a tunnel that was lit with glowing mushrooms.
“Wow...”
“Hurry up, lad! I can’t keep myself ajar for too long.”
Dominic walked, slowly, into the tunnel, and heard the Demon Door close behind him. Instantly, the sounds of rushing water were cut off, along with every other sound. He walked. At the end of the tunnel, was a large cavern, which was about as big as the mess hall. A cavern it might be, but it was a beautiful cavern, nonetheless. Soft, smooth grass grew across the earth, tempting to be tread on by the barefooted. An exact half of the cavern’s floor was taken by a small pond filled with unmoving water. Small, glowing butterflies and fireflies floated over the water, their reflections making the water look like liquid gold. On the dry part of the cavern, were four tall bookshelves that were stuck to the walls, filled with books that never age. A small table was accompanied by a pair of cute, cushioned chairs. Beautiful, peaceful, and quiet. He longed for this. Finally, a place that he will grow to like. He wondered what the Demon Door meant by the ‘Guild’s greatest treasure’, but then realised something. The Guild’s most valued treasures laid in both books and silence. Knowledge , wisdom, and peace.
He took his boots off, and enjoyed the feel of the grass between his toes. He walked over to a chair and sat down, throwing his boots to a corner, and relaxed in the cavern’s extreme comfort. He snuggled himself in, and sighed in relief. It seemed like all of the world’s troubles were drowned in here. No bandits, no monsters, no pressure... Bliss...
Now, he thought, he wanted to feel the leathery cover of an untouched book. Immediately, a book, its cover a bluish-white, dislodged itself and fell from the top shelf. It landed, perfectly, on the table, and turned its pages, as if it was caught in a non-existing breeze. It stopped on a page near the end of the book. Dominic bent forwards and picked it off the table. A picture of something large and familiar was drawn onto it... something painfully familiar...
Beady eyes, large clobbering arms, and a body made of snow and ice, the Snow Troll was drawn, depicting it destroying a small hut. Dominic’s eyes flinched.

A Snow Troll, reached into the Hook Coast Tavern, trying to pull someone out... He had his sword out, hacking and slashing to no positive effect, and was thrown to the ground... Fire was everywhere, flames licked the corners of his eyes... A crowd approached, as he fell sideways, and fell unconscious...

Dominic shot his eyes open and shook his head. It’s nothing, nothing more than a memory...nothing... He let out a caught gasp, and looked back at the page with the Troll on. Below the picture, several details were written, in cursive:

Snow Troll

Average Weight: 4000 lbs
Average Height: 9 Feet and 7 Inches
Diet: Ranges between minerals found in tundra rocks and dead plants

Snow Trolls can only be found actively in the far north, such as the tundra or the Northern Wastes. They cannot last without a constant temperature below -20C∙, or they will start to die.
Very aggressive when it comes to their needs, they are also extremely territorial, killing all that comes close, including their own kind. Unlike the Southern Trolls, Snow Trolls’ bodies are made of ice, which limits their movement and strength capabilities. The average Snow Troll can toss a 200 lbs object a 100 yards, as opposed to the 500 yards of its the Southern Trolls, the Earth, Rock, and Platinum Trolls. (For more information on the extinct Platinum Trolls, look at page 552).

Dominic’s eyebrows narrowed at the last sentence. He retreated from the sinking comfort, standing up. Numbers swirled into his mind, turning into series and formulas as he calculated. Then he thought of the passage again. Four thousand pounds…able to throw a two hundred pound thing a hundred yards away…Alex could have been a hundred and ten pounds… He gasped. Alex might have been thrown a hundred and sixty yards, at the furthest. That’s still within swimming distance, and the water wasn’t rough that day…was it? His eyes widened, as he threw the book onto the chair and ran back up the tunnel, back to the Demon Door. Behind him, an unseen force picked the book up and replaced it on the shelf.

Hey, hey! I hope you guys didn't run out of patience... I've been rather busy with my trial exams. From now, hopefully, I would be able to dish out more story quickly!

Enjoy this long stretch. You guys deserve it!

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

sorry... accidentally published a post twice...

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Hey guys! Its been almost forever!

Chapter 8
The Dead Forest

Part 1

“Excuse me, I need your help.”
She was relaxing in The Cow & Corset, after a hard day of housework and kids, but then he came. The woman shook out of her sit, cowering below Dominic’s figure. She had long blue hair, with a black stripe lining the ends. A mug fell out of her hands, spilling its sweet contents. Slowly, she backed away.
“Weren’t you there when Briar Rose challenged me?”
Slowly, she nodded.
“You said your friend saw me in Hook Coast, right?”
She nodded, again, only this time she was a slight twitchier.
“Good. Where is she?”
The woman tried to open her mouth, but managed only a croak. She turned it into a cough, and stared back at Dominic, hesitantly. “S-she runs the barber saloon. She’s still there, I-I think...”
Dominic briefly smiled at her and patted her on the shoulder, then ran out of the tavern, leaving the whole building silent, save a sneeze. The woman was helped to her feet, still shaking. A man went up to help her steady. Another stood up.
“You fool! You told the Merciless where to find her!”
“Oh n-No, I didn’t think...”
“After him!”

Dominic found the saloon fairly quickly. A woman was closing the doors when he arrived. She turned away from the window before she could notice Dominic. He knocked on the door, desperately and impatiently.
“Please! One moment, please!”
She hurried back and looked through the window. A gasp sounded, and several locks clicked. She swung the door open and gestured him in. She locked the door behind him and turned to face him. Yes, she was at Hook Coast. Her short, spiky hair was coloured a bright purple. Pinches of glitter were spread over her hair and cheeks. Below her light makeup, was her pale skin. She was moderately heighted, but was agile looking, for someone who spends her entire day styling hair.
“Can I help you?”
“Ye- You’re not afraid of me?”
She flicked her hair casually, showing that she wasn’t as low-witted as the other townspeople. “Why should I? The bandit tried to rape me once! He deserved nothing less.”
Dominic half-smiled, and scratched his head
“Uh, sure... Anyway, I came here to ask you something.”
“Fire away, then,” she nodded.
“Do you remember Hook Coast, when I was fighting that Troll?”
“Oh yes! You were awesome!” Her eyes beamed. Her finger darted to her hair, where it twirled a spike of hair.
“Thanks, but did you remember what the ocean was like, that day?”
She smiled, her cheeks sparkling in the candle’s light. The spike was now a little more like a short spring. “After they took you back to the Guild, I was staring out at the water with my brother. It was quiet calm that day. Wonderful sunset, I might add.”
Dominic smiled, gleefully. “Oh, thank you so much-”
“I’m Anne, glad we met.”

After he left the saloon, he was confronted by a mad mob that had exhausted themselves, after much running, so you couldn’t call them a ‘mad mob’ anyway. Only a few ran to try their hand at stopping him, but they came empty-handed. All Dominic needed to do was somersault over the first line of heads, and jump off a man’s shoulder, then rolled to the ground on the other side. He continued his way, leaving the mob tired, petrified and confused.
Back at the Guild, Donaven was sitting among the apprentices in the mess hall, poking at his half-eaten shepherd’s pie. It was a cruel and sick thing, what Dominic did to that bandit He knew, he was a much-wanted man in Bowerstone, but to be stabbed in the heart without even knowing... The man was unconscious! And Dominic once knew him ...somehow, that fact made it all worse. Grumbling, he threw his spoon onto his plate and stood up. He couldn’t eat more,. He felt sickened. He had to do something. As he was about to step into the Cullis Gate, it burst in a flash, and someone slammed into him, sending them both onto the map-table. Several quest cards were strewn off in many directions, as they struggled to pull each other apart.
“Damn you! Watch where you’re going!”
“Hey, I had the right of way!”
“You could’ve- could’ve... Donaven?”
They untangled each other, cards stuck to their faces, with fresh ink printed on their cheeks. They pulled the cards off and threw them over the table, to let someone else to clean it up for them. Donaven used his Will to remove the ink on his face, but left Dominic’s alone.
“Dominic!”
There was a pause, which was interrupted by them both, at the same time.
“I have to talk to you!”
“I have to talk to you!”
“Wh-Uh, okay. You first,” Dominic insisted, crossing an arm and smudging his cheek with the other.
“It’s about that bandit-”
Dominic glared, crossing both arms. “Oh, not you too. You listen here, I already got lectured by Maze, most of Bowerstone’s afraid of me, and the statues are ignori- never mind...”
“I don’t care! What you did wasn’t for the better. I’m your friend, and I’ve known you for quite a while. ?You can’t use brutality to fix your past!”
“I said save it-”
“And I said I don’t care! Killing an unconscious person won’t get your family back!”
“Shut-UP!”
“No! You-are-going- to-listen to me-”
Dominic stood up, to his full height, but then thought it pointless. He was a whole head shorter than Donaven, and that spoiled his intention to be intimidating. Still, he said in a threatening tone, “Get-out-of-my-face...”
He turned for the Cullis Gate, but felt something go down his spine. It felt like an ice cube, cold and solid, trying to make its way around his bony back. At first, it felt irritating, but then it grew painful. He dropped to his knees, trying to bear with the pain, silently screaming. Then his whole body grew rigid. He was stuck in place. His eyes darted around, to see what Donaven was doing, but he couldn’t move his head. Then his eyes met a red, pulsating one, held on a palm and not in a socket. Its veins turned black, its lines were not unlike the red veins you see on strained eyes.
“Dominic... listen,” the voice seemed far away, but Dominic knew that Donaven was just behind his ears. “Are you going to go out there and make more people scared? Or are you going to be more... rational?”
The red eye shrieked, making Dominic fall onto his side. Dominic could slowly feel his back again, as he loosened up. Donaven stood over him, an eye socket empty.
“Choose.”
Donaven’s Will forced Dominic back into the Cullis Gate, as his body disappeared into its blue light.

Part 2

“Dominic, are you preoccupied at the moment?”
The Guildmaster found Dominic in the middle of the Guild Woods, right next to the deepest pond there. It was only a few feet deep, but had many fish that were as colourful as the many flowers around them. Dominic was sitting with one foot in the pond, swishing the water around, distorting both his and the Guildmaster’s reflections. Its been a week since the last time Dominic saw Donaven, and its been a month since they last said a word to each other.
“No, Guildmaster, no.” Dominic pushed himself up and placed his foot in his boot.
“I was wonderin-”
Dominic straightened, holding his hand up. “No more lectures, please!”
“No, no, no...” the Guildmaster shook his head. “I was wondering if you could help me with a favour.”
“Oh, okay then...” Dominic looked back at the pond’s surface. The setting Sun was reflected off it, giving it a red tinge.
“I have a package I want delivered to Barrow Fields. There’s a trading camp there, and they have most of the Guild’s supplies. They need the package, the one I’m sending, for authorization. Can you help escort the two traders to Barrow Fields?”
Barrow Fields… He knew Barrow Fields…
“Why me? Why not get someone else to do it? Whisper, Ian? Vangard-”
The Guildmaster beckoned him, like many times before, to follow him back to the Guild. This action, this hand-movement, reminded Dominic of his younger times, when he was still an apprentice, when there weren’t so many headaches, when people still thought him friendly… friendly… That word, too, reminded him of something -no- someone…
The Guildmaster waved at him, bringing him back to real world. “I trust your skills above all others in this Guild. I know you can get the job done. So, will you do it?”
At least, someone still trusted him. He gave a very small smile.
“Fine. When are we leaving?”
“Tomorrow, before dawn breaks. The quickest path there is through Darkwood, and it’s wise to travel by daylight in there.”
“Yeah, I’ve seen the map.” Darkwood, as its name hinted, was drawn on the map as this forest full of black trees. Dominic could guess how dark it really was.
“Thank you, Dominic. The traders will be waiting outside the Guild’s entrance tomorrow.”

A splash of freezing-cold water, drenched his sleepy face, waking him up totally, instantly. He shook his head and wiped his face of any excess water. He looked down at the water’s surface, in the pewter basin. Looking back at him, was a Hero’s face. Well-build, and pale, with a single vein protruding on his forehead. He sighed, and scooped some of the water with his cupped hands, breaking the surface and the reflection. He splashed the water onto his face again.
Minutes later, he was walking down a corridor, his armour strapped, and his longbow and quiver hooked. Behind him, were hurried footsteps, echoing away.
“Dominic, wait!”
Elizabeth caught him before he reached the end of the corridor. Her face was undefined in the night’s darkness, but Dominic could feel the anxiety in her nerves. He stopped to let her catch her breath, but kept a face of stone. She had recovered from his struggles oh so long ago, but still she shivered, and he couldn’t blame her.
“You’re not going into Darkwood, are you?”
Dominic turned to continue walking, but slowly now. “Yeah, the Guildmaster asked me to.”
“Is there-” her face was lit by a flicker, when they past a dying torch, which hanged from the ceiling above them. Her face was close to being petrified, like she had only just escaped a ghost. “-is there another way? There must be one!”
Dominic shook his head. She sighed, her hand flashed to the strand of hair coming down her ear. She pushed it back, and dropped her head.
“There’s no point stopping you now… but do me a favour, please? Be careful. Darkwood’s an evil place, and I can’t even imagine what lies there.”
He avoided her gaze, and nodded, not obvious in the dim light. “I promise. No rashness, is that enough?”
When Dominic stepped through of the Guild’s entrance, he realised that he might have been a bit too early. The Moon was still high in the sky, her light still reflecting off the small puddles that spotted this clearing. No traders in sight, yet. He stood in one spot, crossed his arms, looked back at the Moon, and decided to take a short trip down to Bowerstone. His weapon had been due several weeks ago, and what better time than now to pick it up. Mr Wraith was still asleep when he arrived, however, and he was awfully cranky when he awoke to Dominic’s knocks.
“What is it?! Kids…” He opened his door, and was prepared to give a shouting, but stopped himself. “Dominic! What a time to call? It’s not even dawn…”
“Sorry, urgent business in Barrow Fields. Is my sword ready?” He walked into the blacksmith’s workshop. There was a new addition to the collection on the wall, hung neatly between a warhammer and a master crossbow. “Is that it?”
Mr Wraith instantly brightened up, fully awake now. “Oh, you bet it is! Its been waiting for a mighty long time. Been attracting lots of people too.”
The sword was very long, twice as long as a normal longsword and was double-edged. It didn’t look brittle, too. It was as thin as the Katana Hiryu, and it shined as much. The handle was made from a green leather, strapped with blue and black strings. The Guild’s symbol was encrusted into the hilt, looking very much like the Seal he used to have. One side was a sparkling silver, while the other was a pitch-black.
“I poured only the best into that beauty. Very difficult, that babe, but its worth it. Couldn’t do it with steel, like you asked. Steel wasn’t strong enough for something that long and thin. So I looked into your friend’s katana. Folded metal, phew! Took me a whole week to do the research. And look at that!”
Dominic walked up to it, and unhooked it from the wall. It felt extremely light in his hands, despite its long size. “It feels good…”
“Should be. That sword is the only one I’ve made with any Will. I’ve done staffs but swords are different. It was hard to find a good enough source, and it needs to be good. Every time I try, it keeps falling apart. Then the barber brought your Guild Seal in. Said it was broken by the Troll. I checked it out and found that it was still loaded with Will magic.”
Dominic strapped its scabbard to his back, thanked Mr Wraith and silently thanked Anne as well. Maybe Darkwood wasn’t going to be that bad anymore.

“Do you think he’s gonna show?”
The two traders waited outside the Guild’s front doors. They’ve been waiting in the darkness for the past half an hour, and have gotten really impatient, especially with the Moon hanging so low now. One of them, the one that had a pointed traveller’s hat on his auburn hair, picked his backpack up.
“What- Sabre? Well, if you ask me…no.”
The other trader adjusted his headband, uneasily. “Maybe he’s just late-”
“I don’t think so. I think he’s gone off to kill some more unarmed people, something he’s really good at.”
“Andy!”
“He’s the Merciless, what more can you expect?”
“He isn’t merciless! He’s just…traumatized…”
“Yeah, right… I bet my wife that all those stories are just stories spun by the Guild to soften their latest villain’s image.”
“Andy, how could you- Hey, wait!”
Andy had slung his backpack onto his shoulders and already started the trek down the path. “Why wait?”
“Wh- where are you going?” He picked his own bag up, making sure that the small package the Guildmaster had passed to him, was secured.
“To Barrow Fields.”
“Alone?”
“If you don’t come along.”
“B-but we’re supposed to go with Sabre.”
Andy shook his head, not pausing to look back. “Like he’s ever gonna show up… Are we of any importance to him?”
“But-”
“Let’s go!”

YoungBlood

NoFear
Reaction score

ya sorry to crush your dreams but there is no fable movie if there was alot of people here would be ****ed

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Keep it up :) good work.

Reaction score

Really good work man keep it up =D

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score

AWSOME story!!!!!! n I was thinking...its not possible for it to be a cimax movie or anything that BUT...It could be a virial(?) movie/game. For example, It's the movie but only this time...at certain time like the choice to smash the barrels or something and if u choose to smash the barrels etc. etc. it will show a short clip of the uncle saying "u shud be ashamed blah blah blah" or if u choose not to it will show a clip of the uncle saying wat he said in the story. His father would still give him money b/c in the story he said u helped one way or another! However in some parts like killing the unarmed bandit or something critical to the story. They dont get a choice for as it's a key role in the story. Wat im trying to say is we can make a (flash??) movie ONLINE(virial) with choices. You make the movie(main storyline)...insert some (flash? idk) that allow you to pick a choice and it will show you a short? clip show the choice and result n continue the movie(again main storyline) and you have your Fable movie! I think this is worth looking into and see if its possible becuz there's a virial movie coming out (The Artifice(look it up)) that basically does wat i wrote about(the movie/game idea) so I think its worth looking into!! :D