• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Family Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skorm_Knight

Re: Family Matters

Seigfried said:
Now see, the whole backstabbing kids is just frightening.
That's good. Can you name one game that can give you a fright like that?

D

DivY

Families would be great. It would really extend the lifetime of the game, taking the idea of a whole seperate life in a whole seperate world to a new level. It will also see the whole interactivity of the game change, seeing NPC's change and grow with you.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

No way, I'm telling you that putting kids in the game would end up making it more like Sims than Fable. The whole deal just seams like it would end up out of balance and make people upset.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
No way, I'm telling you that putting kids in the game would end up making it more like Sims than Fable. The whole deal just seams like it would end up out of balance and make people upset.

Well not really, The Sims game is played very diffrent from Fable. So I would disagree.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah, but I don't want to spend my time taking care of little brats when I could be out killing balverines. As long as they were to make the feature optional than I think it might have a chance of working out, since there will be people who would hate this new little feature. But being optional, it might have a chance.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

If you were married your wife could raise the children while your out hunting balverines or killing bandits.

Personally it would be awesome to have children and be able to control them when your character reaches a certain age or does a certain quest which is to pass on the torch. The quest would obviously result in your characters death and the story picking up with your characters child. Randomly generated new quests and the ability for your child to join the guild or be taught be your old hero would be a nice touch. Even the possibility of character jobs for your children- like fisherman, farmer or something that would be cool.

T

TheBeast

i think kids is a great idea. when they grow up you sould be able to take them with u on quests and they could help you.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe if you had kids you could train them etc and if your character died of say old age or other ways you could control one of your kids instead, this way to still get to play as a character you have trained how you want it to be story could change to vengence for your death i surpose.

Just rambling trying to keep ideas coming :blush:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
Maybe if you had kids you could train them etc and if your character died of say old age or other ways you could control one of your kids instead, this way to still get to play as a character you have trained how you want it to be story could change to vengence for your death i surpose.

Just rambling trying to keep ideas coming :blush:

I had the same idea dude only I would have opted for randomly generated quests for your child character- it would mean the game would be limitless in certain aspects. Infinitly generated quests and the fact that the game would only really end if your character died of old age without having any children. Thats why I suggested something of a suicide quest, one which your character would never return from. It would mean your first character would live forever unless you did the quest. If your child then has a child same thing happens, only problem would be that the world wouldnt evolve much and that the quests might just regenerate the same thing over again which would get stale. Plus the quests would only really be side quests.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
I had the same idea dude only I would have opted for randomly generated quests for your child character- it would mean the game would be limitless in certain aspects. Infinitly generated quests and the fact that the game would only really end if your character died of old age without having any children. Thats why I suggested something of a suicide quest, one which your character would never return from. It would mean your first character would live forever unless you did the quest. If your child then has a child same thing happens, only problem would be that the world wouldnt evolve much and that the quests might just regenerate the same thing over again which would get stale. Plus the quests would only really be side quests.

Glad someone else thought it to and it wasnt just cast off as mindless rambling :lol: :blush:

J

JackofBlades39

Dont make fun of me, but i wanna play a female character........ 4 a reason u may or may not guess...... HINT: look at my username..... Then i might be able 2 get (username) on my side..... EVIL SHALL RULE ALBION!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

JackofBlades39 said:
Dont make fun of me, but i wanna play a female character........ 4 a reason u may or may not guess...... HINT: look at my username..... Then i might be able 2 get (username) on my side..... EVIL SHALL RULE ALBION!

You can change your name by talking to vendors outside the Guild and also outside the Arena. Hmm, de ja vu, I answered this before...

I wouldnt mind playing a female character but only if there was an option. The female characters would obviously have their own unique abilities I assume...

Drak, its not mindless rambling, its advancing ideas of what we would like to see within the game.... at least thats what I'm telling myself anyway...

:unsure:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
Drak, its not mindless rambling, its advancing ideas of what we would like to see within the game.... at least thats what I'm telling myself anyway...

:unsure:

Thats good to know at least ^_^

So more people want to play as a woman huh :hmm:

Maybe they got an excuse for being evil then (PMT) :lol:

K

Kato Si

Dark Drakan said:

I wish you could have a custom name.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Kato Si said:
I wish you could have a custom name.

That would an awesome idea, you would pay so much gold for each letter. That way the longer your title the more it costs, though then again the in game characters wouldnt be able to refer to you by your custom title, they would probably just call you hero.

V

Voodoo 9s

Seigfried said:
...that's creepy to read. How can it not be in a non-homo way when he speaks of bitting.

Back to the subject: Screw kids! You won't have time for children when your saving the world. Thats why you only have time for a quick banging then your off to slay some balverines. Kids would just be a hassle, not to mention the financial support *shivers*.

You could raise them, train them, and use them for henchman...for free!

C

Crazyarms

Dark Drakan said:

Its fun to be a women character. For example: im always a women in KoTOR, and i play as Joanna Dark in PDZ MP.

V

Voodoo 9s

Crazyarms said:
Its fun to be a women character. For example: im always a women in KoTOR, and i play as Joanna Dark in PDZ MP.

...and let me guess, you think it's fun to dress up in women's clothes in real life too?

Status
Not open for further replies.