• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Boss...?

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score
Re: Final Boss...?

^^
What?!?

ANYWAY, Theresa certainly manipulates events no matter who it hurts ie presses your sister to buy the music box and therefore die leaving you with a burning desire for revenge that she can use, saying "we need her (hammer) to find a reason to fight" and then hammers dad dies at the hands of Lucien's man and generally refusing to help you out of any situations with her DAMN ABILITY TO TELEPORT. She could have shaved off a couple of hours of game time with that.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;411676 said:
^^
What?!?

ANYWAY, Theresa certainly manipulates events no matter who it hurts ie presses your sister to buy the music box and therefore die leaving you with a burning desire for revenge that she can use, saying "we need her (hammer) to find a reason to fight" and then hammers dad dies at the hands of Lucien's man and generally refusing to help you out of any situations with her DAMN ABILITY TO TELEPORT. She could have shaved off a couple of hours of game time with that.

This proves my point above. She isn't an enemy, although she could be a manipulator but that doesn't make her directly evil or an enemy of hero. She has no reason to kill/defeat the hero, what she seeks is beyond the hero's recognition and understanding.

BigDaddy

Reaction score

But why is she so desperate to gain control of the spire?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

BigDaddy;411689 said:
But why is she so desperate to gain control of the spire?

Because through the spire she can see what her powers can show her, however covering all the possible futures, she wanted to see all the possible futures, because she wanted to reach her power at the top.

When you are hero and you have a power you always want to max it to the very extreme, same goes for Theresa. She needed the spire's power in order to see what she wanted to see.

BigDaddy

Reaction score

But its the way she aquired it, some may say she manipulated the heroes and even lucien to get it, which cost lives, she was willing to sacrifice thousands of people building the spire just to see the future?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

BigDaddy;411699 said:
But its the way she aquired it, some may say she manipulated the heroes and even lucien to get it, which cost lives, she was willing to sacrifice thousands of people building the spire just to see the future?

That's the moral choice of Theresa's bloodline. She can freely choose, however an evil choice doesn't make her directly evil nor this does mean that her choice was evil too. Everything's up to Lionhead to write the canon story and the events of Fable III, which we will see in a few months from now.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

In regards to Theresa - what is the spire capable of? Find out what it can do, find out who benefits then review what she said. I couldn't find much about it except that it was a conduit for all the will, it grants wishes (responds to your will), and was destroyed because it was 'too powerful'.

In regards to a final boss - my vote is the halfway point Logan will be the final boss. The rest of the game is you running a country. Maybe a fight with aurora...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;411709 said:
In regards to Theresa - what is the spire capable of? Find out what it can do, find out who benefits then review what she said. I couldn't find much about it except that it was a conduit for all the will, it grants wishes (responds to your will), and was destroyed because it was 'too powerful'.

The Spire is capable of granting wishes to whoever controls The Spire. She needed to see the future, let The Spire to be built and then let it be forgotten and destroyed, because she has achieved what she wanted.

Theresa, she will be back in Fable III to support your character, not as an enemy. Peter Molyneux showed that on the first 15 minutes of the game at the Developer conference.

Recycled Human;411709 said:
In regards to a final boss - my vote is the halfway point Logan will be the final boss. The rest of the game is you running a country. Maybe a fight with aurora...

I doubt it. Logan won't be the final boss, he will just be the halfway guy that you will have to defeat in order to move to the next chapter of the story, a new enemy will come and unexpected things will happen, Peter Molyneux also said to "Be careful to who you trust" and we should think about the raising shadows in Albion, which reminds of Fable The Lost Chapters, that all the evil beings started rising when Jack of Blades returned, hint that something related to the void and the shadows might be coming towards Albion once again.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Theresa - can't she already see the future? (she already seemed to know all the intersecting points in fate) What exactly did the spire reveal and how is whatever it revealed worth all the countless lost lives? What was Lucien going to do with it? See the future as well? There must be more to it. And isn't the spire still in use?

Final boss - I wasn't saying that Logan will return at the end, rather that the halfway point was the end. As for the 'be careful who you trust' that could just be an endorsement for being cautious about which faction you aide in your own country. If not that, than a ringing endorsement to reveal an enemy that has been with you all along (like a Theresa for instance, not saying she's evil but simply following the literary pattern).

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;411718 said:
Theresa - can't she already see the future? (she already seemed to know all the intersecting points in fate) What exactly did the spire reveal and how is whatever it revealed worth all the countless lost lives? What was Lucien going to do with it? See the future as well? There must be more to it. And isn't the spire still in use?

What was revealed will be seen in Fable III, few months from now. Lucien just wanted to clean Albion, shape a new world under his ideals, probably reviving his family too.

The Spire has vanished from Albion. So far from the screenshots we can assume that The Spire doesn't exist anymore. Whenever it exists or not it won't be visitable from the player anyway. We will see in Fable III though.

Recycled Human;411718 said:
Final boss - I wasn't saying that Logan will return at the end, rather that the halfway point was the end. As for the 'be careful who you trust' that could just be an endorsement for being cautious about which faction you aide in your own country. If not that, than a ringing endorsement to reveal an enemy that has been with you all along (like a Theresa for instance, not saying she's evil but simply following the literary pattern).

I understand that you weren't saying that. I was implying that Lionhead will come with a better plot, Theresa was always a supportive character and in Fable III she will appear even less times than what she did in the past.

She will support the hero on the first steps to start his own revolution against his brother and probably come back, in order to support the hero towards the ending of the story.

She won't be an enemy, definitely.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

I personally don't believe Theresa is evil, I think she's a shades of grey character. But I don't think I could be so sure as to say 'she won't be an enemy, definitely.'

Don't you think that a halfway point is a little late to be introducing the bad guy?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;411721 said:
I personally don't believe Theresa is evil, I think she's a shades of grey character. But I don't think I could be so sure as to say 'she won't be an enemy, definitely.'

Don't you think that a halfway point is a little late to be introducing the bad guy?

I'm sure that Lionhead has better ideas for enemies and betrayals for your hero a supportive character like Theresa likely won't be the one.

I expect that to be someone within the revolution to betray you, knowing what happened to Sir Walter (I won't spoil, something nasty happens to him) and you just have your butler on your side, a lot of enemies will emerge trying to get your throne.

Halfaway is fine to introduce a fight with Logan and defeat him. However, he won't be the only villain in the game, I'm sure there's more than what Lionhead has (or was able) to say so far.

However, everything will be answered on Fable III, where I hope, mostly that they will make a good plot and that they won't use the same characters over and over.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

It might be Garth. He lives in Samarkand (?) in Aurora and might be unwilling to let you destroy his home when you go to war with them. In fact you might fight several of the heros from Fable 2 depending on what choices you make.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;411807 said:
It might be Garth. He lives in Samarkand (?) in Aurora and might be unwilling to let you destroy his home when you go to war with them. In fact you might fight several of the heros from Fable 2 depending on what choices you make.

I doubt that. Garth is already old in Fable II, so chances are low that he would appear in Fable III. So far, it seems that Reaver will appear in Fable III, there's also some speculation about Hammer to be back too.

However, I believe there will be a fight with Reaver too, but that won't be the final boss of the game.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I hope to Avo (I know some Fable lore now!) that Reaver isn't the final boss. That would just be lame, I don't know why though, since most people hate him.

An optional fight with him would be cool, although it would kind of go against the rumors since he can apparently shoot someone in the face from one boat to another on the high seas.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

What about Walter? Maybe a bit of shadow remained within after the Shadelight incident...

Lithary

Reaction score

DarkONI;411678 said:
This proves my point above. She isn't an enemy, although she could be a manipulator but that doesn't make her directly evil or an enemy of hero. She has no reason to kill/defeat the hero, what she seeks is beyond the hero's recognition and understanding.

Yeah... and what if happens if she sees that hero must die so she can achieve one of her goals?
She is not necessarily evil, but she is not good... she's neutral...
She does what she has to to achieve her goals and only reason why she wasn't our enemy for now was because we didn't stand in her way...
There is very high probability that Theresa could be an enemy...
And even if what she seeks is beyond heroes recognition and understanding it can be still harmful for him and that's all he need to know to oppose her...
You can't definitely say that she won't be an enemy because there is no solid proof that she won't...
Even though I must say that it is true that she has potential to be our enemy I also doubt that she will be...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Lithary;411987 said:
Yeah... and what if happens if she sees that hero must die so she can achieve one of her goals?
She is not necessarily evil, but she is not good... she's neutral...
She does what she has to to achieve her goals and only reason why she wasn't our enemy for now was because we didn't stand in her way...
There is very high probability that Theresa could be an enemy...
And even if what she seeks is beyond heroes recognition and understanding it can be still harmful for him and that's all he need to know to oppose her...
You can't definitely say that she won't be an enemy because there is no solid proof that she won't...
Even though I must say that it is true that she has potential to be our enemy I also doubt that she will be...

Her goals, as I said are beyond the hero's recognition. She won't be an enemy of her bloodline, unless she has to. However she won't be an enemy of the hero, ever.

I don't believe what Theresa seeks and knows would harm the hero, rather she wants Albion to be ruled by her own bloodline but also she wants that Albion won't get destroyed by the shadows once again (in Fable III apparently there will be shadows and minions coming back -> meaning something related to the Void is waking up).

Theresa won't be an enemy this time or ever. There are many real enemies that I don't see why people point towards Theresa, I'm sure Lionhead has come with a better plot than that.

The Tyrant Lord;411983 said:
What about Walter? Maybe a bit of shadow remained within after the Shadelight incident...

No, he won't be capable of fighting. Something nasty happens to him in the caves which won't let him to fight anymore therefore he won't be your enemy, also consider the fact that he's your life mentor and also one of the people that started the revolution, I doubt that shadows would stick within him, especially after making him incapable of fighting.

I really doubt that Lionhead would use your life-mentor for such role. There could be many more different types of plot swings.

POOP;411953 said:
I hope to Avo (I know some Fable lore now!) that Reaver isn't the final boss. That would just be lame, I don't know why though, since most people hate him.

An optional fight with him would be cool, although it would kind of go against the rumors since he can apparently shoot someone in the face from one boat to another on the high seas.

I believe there will be an optional fight with Raver too. I'm sure so far there will be something, that actually will lead you for the first time in Aurora, like a styled ship-to-ship fight, were your ship gets wrecked and you end up on the caves in Aurora.

If there won't be any fight like that against Reaver, for sure there will be conflicts with Reaver, especially because this time he has a large business and factories over Albion.

Reaction score

theresa wont kill her great great great great ect ect ect great nefew unless you threten to end the world and if anything the f3 storyline says the oppisite and im almost sure that when you overthrow logain his fate will be in your hands especilly with the touch system if anything it will be john cleese who destroys the world

or steven fry if he could be bothered

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Syth the old one;412006 said:
theresa wont kill her great great great great ect ect ect great nefew unless you threten to end the world and if anything the f3 storyline says the oppisite and im almost sure that when you overthrow logain his fate will be in your hands especilly with the touch system if anything it will be john cleese who destroys the world

or steven fry if he could be bothered

Something tells me that Logan's fate won't be in the hand of the players this time. However, I doubt that they will use the butler as an antagonist in later game.

Peter Molyneux spoiled that the butler will be always on your side in the whole game. Though depending on your actions he will try to make you feel guilt.

We all know Reaver, if he gets bothered then it's better to keep your weapons ready for a fight.