• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Boss...?

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Final Boss...?

Hiroshima. It wasn't neccesary, but it wasn't evil either.

Thats how I feel about the theresa's actions. Thats all I'm saying about that.

On the matter of the final boss, Theresa would destroy you. No question. 500 years of experience against a hero whos probably in his mid 30s.

Also to the guy who said the spire was destroyed because it was too powerful, you FAIL. It was destroyed because somebody wished it too be so. And the spire is made up of all of albions will. How do you think it got taller. They had no material to add to it. Instead they had the prisoners make the corridors and broke both their and the guards will, which caused the spire to grow. That black stone is corrupted will. And last time I checked will is your mental strength, your ability to make something happen because you want it to be so. With millions of peoples will, thats going to be something close to indestructible.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;411066 said:
Well Logan is obviously not your final boss here, You beat him halfway throughout the game. Who do you think will be the final boss...?
Like out of the known characters. It may be an unknown character but I'm thinking it may be Theresa. Any guesses here?

Jack is back

No, I really want to duke it out with an even more powerful Jack of Blades. Maybe do it in a high up dangerous place, where there are multiple ways to die, and epic music plays throughout.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Recycled Human;411709 said:
I couldn't find much about it ...

White knight, where did you find all this information? I've only played through the game a couple of times so maybe that's why I couldn't find it. I even tried to research the spire and came back with next to nothing (and I admitted that I knew nothing about the spire...)

Your saying the hammers and chisels are more like torture devices to break the wills of the guards and prisoners to make the spire grow? I missed a whole middle part there.

I could have sworn Theresa said that 'once the spire was completed it destroyed everything but some believe that to be the first wish'. Why would someone make such an arbitrary wish that cost the lives of everyone? Are you sure it wasn't because it was too much power to put into corrupt hands?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash all this 'fail' off.

Cain

Reaction score

Sorry I said that in the wrong way. I meant lucien broke the will of the prisoners and guards with collars and unending work. I missed that out, sorry. In answer to your question, I simply listened and read about it and used my common sense to make a theory.

The old kingdom was corrupt. The archons were corrupt and its believed everything was destroyed to make way for a purer world. Again read my will theory. The spire couldn't be destroyed at its peak. Too much will. Now 50 years later after its been used the 2nd time, the spire is gone because there is no will powering it. It wasted away and now theresa is helping your hero.

Also, a theory that makes some sense of why the spire is gone in fable III, why it grew over the events of fable II and why it couldn't be simply knocked down before the first wish was made, is fail? How does destroying it and everything. I also believe that only archons could use the spire. Thats why only you or the other 3 heroes could make a wish(there just wasn't enough will). Lucien couldn't make it work on his own which is why he needed the 3 heroes and its why he was absorbing their energy/ powers before you kill him. Oh yeah before I forget, Theresa said during the first time you see the spire that it as the collection of the old kingdoms will.

So aside from stuff I forgot to put in my theory, thats it. Please feel free to post your own theory.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Shadow Knight;412034 said:
Jack is back

Jack died, in Fable The Lost Chapters. For good. He's gone.

Recycled Human;412035 said:
I could have sworn Theresa said that 'once the spire was completed it destroyed everything but some believe that to be the first wish'. Why would someone make such an arbitrary wish that cost the lives of everyone? Are you sure it wasn't because it was too much power to put into corrupt hands?

Play Fable II again, let Theresa tell you the story of the Spire with subtitles on. You will see that she will say that it was the first wish from the Archon, in order to rebuild a better, not corrupted world. She explains the story when she gives you the cards and shows you a cinematic with the spire.

Found the video on youtube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXqtTDhxapU] look from 4:35

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Thank you, I did miss the part where she said it was created for the explicit reason to destroy a corrupt world.

And as a by-the-by, I like white knight's theory of will powering the Spire.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;412055 said:
Thank you, I did miss the part where she said it was created for the explicit reason to destroy a corrupt world.

And as a by-the-by, I like white knight's theory of will powering the Spire.

That's... Not a theory. Garth says it when you are at the spire, during the years, he tells you that he has to gather as much will as he can in order to escape.

That's why it takes to him 10 years to collect enough will to break the collars and the guard. Because the spire takes the will from the people inside and uses it.

You really need another play-through of Fable 2.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Yes, I realize that will is used in the operation of the spire. The theory I was referencing was the one that explains the 'lack of will' as the reason the spire is gone in Fable III.

Don't worry, I'll play Fable II many many more times. Maybe I'll have you tag along once so you can explain the bits I missed?

GT : Recycled Human

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

The Midnight Avenger;411137 said:
Jeff Goldblum? In minotaur form?
Hmm... yes... I like the sound of that. We must pitch this idea to PM right away! But we must pray that it's not too late!

Oh and I like the Theresa final boss idea too. I could imagine her haviing incredible will powers. She could have the potential to create a final boss battle even more exciting than JOB!

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Paragon;412979 said:
Hmm... yes... I like the sound of that. We must pitch this idea to PM right away! But we must pray that it's not too late!

Oh and I like the Theresa final boss idea too. I could imagine her haviing incredible will powers. She could have the potential to create a final boss battle even more exciting than JOB!

No, she wouldn't. I doubt she will be a final boss in any Fable game. There are many more things that can be final bosses but not Theresa.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

White Knight;412029 said:
Hiroshima. It wasn't neccesary, but it wasn't evil either.

So while i believe the bombing of Hiroshima was necessary to quickly end the war i cannot grasp how someone could say that the killing of millions of citizens and their offspring who were not involved by dint of being FROM THE FUTURE was 'unneccesary' and yet 'not evil'. So you believe unneccesarily killing people is not evil?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413003 said:
So while i believe the bombing of Hiroshima was necessary to quickly end the war i cannot grasp how someone could say that the killing of millions of citizens and their offspring who were not involved by dint of being FROM THE FUTURE was 'unneccesary' and yet 'not evil'. So you believe unneccesarily killing people is not evil?

I don't want to ruin the conversation, although let's keep it Fable Final Boss related. I don't want this thread to get locked. We can still discuss a lot about the final boss(es).

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Fool me for thinking the internet was a place to question and discuss people's opinions

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413007 said:
Fool me for thinking the internet was a place to question and discuss people's opinions

The internet is free. Everyone can talk about anything. Just in the right place. In this thread we talk about the Final Bosses, if you want to talk about someone's opinions regarding history you can PM them.

Oh, about the main subject, I think the final boss in Fable III will be some Court related creature. Due to the fact the shadows and the minions are returning in the same time, giving a hint that something related to them (something big) is gathering them all on Albion once again.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413008 said:
Oh, about the main subject, I think the final boss in Fable III will be some Court related creature. Due to the fact the shadows and the minions are returning in the same time, giving a hint that something related to them (something big) is gathering them all on Albion once again.

The minions are in Aurora. It's possible that the corruption of the current age has led to some evil apparition manifesting or becoming attracted to the world. Why would they bring back the court? That's one story element that's about 6 years old now, why would they go back to tired source material? It's not like it was a wondrous storytelling innovation and it's set in modern times dealing with modern moral issues

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413009 said:
The minions are in Aurora. It's possible that the corruption of the current age has led to some evil apparition manifesting or becoming attracted to the world. Why would they bring back the court? That's one story element that's about 6 years old now, why would they go back to tired source material? It's not like it was a wondrous storytelling innovation and it's set in modern times dealing with modern moral issues

I'm not saying that the court will be back, they are dead, for good. I'm saying something related to the court, from the void. A whole new enemy that could add new parts in the story and also show new capabilities and new antagonistic quality for the player.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413010 said:
I'm not saying that the court will be back, they are dead, for good. I'm saying something related to the court, from the void. A whole new enemy that could add new parts in the story and also show new capabilities and new antagonistic quality for the player.

But the modern setting makes such a thing unlikey. For one, they've put more emphasis on being a revolutionary rather than a Hero and the Fable world has been modernising since Fable 1, with NPCs regarding creatures and past battles with said enemies as myths and legends. To brink Fable 3 into the industrial era and then introduce an old, no pun intended, outdated theme of complete evil. Or you could be completely right

Shark

Sleep. All life is a dream.
Reaction score

Is it possible for a Jack return? I know in Lost Chapters you destroyed his source of power and his mask, but could he like return in human form, or at least the Knight of Blade, Jack carried round that mask, but it wasn't destroyed, maybe someone finds it and wears it? or finds it and gets corrupted by it (Not sure, it could've been destroyed obviously without me knowing, please tell me I'm wrong and correct me :)).

Meh, I'm sure the final boss will be some sort of betrayal, like someone else was helping you against your brother, and then just when you didn't realize, BACKSTAB. You do have some followers after all...

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Jack's mask is thought to have been destroyed in lava. Maybe Walter betrays you if you are an evil tyrant and Reaver will betray you if you are good and refuse to let him profit off've forced labour

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Shark;413026 said:
Is it possible for a Jack return? I know in Lost Chapters you destroyed his source of power and his mask, but could he like return in human form, or at least the Knight of Blade, Jack carried round that mask, but it wasn't destroyed, maybe someone finds it and wears it? or finds it and gets corrupted by it (Not sure, it could've been destroyed obviously without me knowing, please tell me I'm wrong and correct me :)).

Meh, I'm sure the final boss will be some sort of betrayal, like someone else was helping you against your brother, and then just when you didn't realize, BACKSTAB. You do have some followers after all...

No, Jack of Blades and the rest of the court won't be back in my opinion, they are long gone. I'm sure there are many other solutions for final bosses. However, these three characters are long gone. The masks that carried Jack of Blades is just speculation that he carried the masks of Queen of Blades and the Knight of Blades. We aren't sure of that either.

I don't think the final boss will be some betrayal, this could happen in mid-game. I just hope on something like a real fight against some enemy.