• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good News You Fable Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloFriend

Reaction score
nobody cares about the story of call of duty its about online and honestly if they have zombies i beleieve it can be GOTY
Some people care about the story and it is confirmed that it has an upgraded zombies game mode.

Twilight

Reaction score
What do you mean? I don't personally like Call of Duty (I'm terrible at it), but it's one of the most popular FPSs out there. It seems like it has a good storyline, and its promising some of the most in depth customization I've ever seen in an FPS.
I don't think anything made by Activison can win GOTY....It's between Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Fable III and probably Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

HelloFriend

Reaction score
I don't think anything made by Activison can win GOTY....It's between Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Fable III and probably Assassins Creed Brotherhood.
Have you seen any of the videos of Black Ops? It looks like a darn good game. But, its all speculation till the game comes out.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
I really hope COD doesn't win. It's just been going on far too long.

VOTE

Reaction score
TOP 5: not in order
Fable 3
COD Black Ops
Mass Effect 2
Assassin Creed Brotherhood
Red Dead Redemption

either one of these games might be GOTY

Langston

Reaction score
I love COD, but i hate trayarch. I doubt it will be as fun as it looks....

Reaction score
Theres one thing that nearly every single game developer forgets to put in a game and thats humour.Compare how many time a smile has crossed your face on a game like MW2 to a game like Fable and just think about that.I know games like MW2 are supposed to be serious but sometimes i do think "Are most game developers pessimistic and think they have no purpose in life?" and that is why i think Fable 3 has the highest chance of winning GotY.
, But first we have to take care of all the CoD and Halo Fanboys (+ Girls)..Ps.i'm sorry if i offend anybody during this little rant of mine.

Matt_352

Reaction score
Between Fable 3 , Red Dead Redemption and Assassins Creed Brotherhood for mine

Autarch

Reaction score
Theres one thing that nearly every single game developer forgets to put in a game and thats humour.Compare how many time a smile has crossed your face on a game like MW2 to a game like Fable and just think about that.I know games like MW2 are supposed to be serious but sometimes i do think "Are most game developers pessimistic and think they have no purpose in life?" and that is why i think Fable 3 has the highest chance of winning GotY.
, But first we have to take care of all the CoD and Halo Fanboys (+ Girls)..Ps.i'm sorry if i offend anybody during this little rant of mine.

It's because they don't know how to write.

They think, "WE ARE MAKING ART HERE NOT A GAME" (games can be art, but not all games are art, especially not crap like Call of Duty) and then "ART IS ANGSTY THIS GAME MUST BE ANGSTY TO BE ART". And then they get their hacky game writers to do the stuff and voila, crappy game writing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
In my opinion RDR should win GOTY (based on what ive played so far) as it was an epic game and i dont use that term very often. Loved it from start to finish and thought it was a modern day classic.

Autarch

Reaction score
RDR was pretty good. I think the constant lashings of DLC let it down, though.

VicOnTop

Reaction score
i dont think red dead will win either. lots of reviews state how it got boring and was never finishable.

Autarch

Reaction score
Is there a reason as to why they always let a game down?

Other than the fact you have to pay money for products that don't require a great deal of development time (like £10 for something that doesn't have distribution costs, doesn't take that much developer effort etc etc)?

No, not really. ;D

Twilight

Reaction score
Other than the fact you have to pay money for products that don't require a great deal of development time (like £10 for something that doesn't have distribution costs, doesn't take that much developer effort etc etc)?

No, not really. ;D
But a lot of the time it's very easy to argue that the new content actually adds and makes the game a much better experience. You do realize that your not paying much so you can't expect a year long development. I was very happy with the content I got in the RDR 'Liars and Cheats' pack, especially for the small price I paid and the limited development time. If I'm paying 10$ I don't expect long development time.

Autarch

Reaction score
But a lot of the time it's very easy to argue that the new content actually adds and makes the game a much better experience. You do realize that your not paying much so you can't expect a year long development. I was very happy with the content I got in the RDR 'Liars and Cheats' pack, especially for the small price I paid and the limited development time. If I'm paying 10$ I don't expect long development time.

But that's my point, you pay $50 (or whatever it is) for the full game. (Which is mainly a purchase of the license, but also includes the disc, case, packing, transport etc.) You should be able to expect at least a fifth (well, a third, since I think that's about how much they get sold to the stores for) of the content of the full game in the DLC, right?

Of course, you don't get it in the DLC because it's much easier to make quick and cheap things and throw them out at premium prices than actually make decent content packs.

If each DLC WAS like a mini-expansion, I wouldn't mind, but they're more like a single zone (or equivalent) and a bit of easily scripted content.

Twilight

Reaction score
But that's my point, you pay $50 (or whatever it is) for the full game. (Which is mainly a purchase of the license, but also includes the disc, case, packing, transport etc.) You should be able to expect at least a fifth (well, a third, since I think that's about how much they get sold to the stores for) of the content of the full game in the DLC, right?

Of course, you don't get it in the DLC because it's much easier to make quick and cheap things and throw them out at premium prices than actually make decent content packs.

If each DLC WAS like a mini-expansion, I wouldn't mind, but they're more like a single zone (or equivalent) and a bit of easily scripted content.

But the thrown out DLC usually has little impact on the game and is of course, optional. I only believe DLC can let a game down if they charge something like 20$ for an hour long quest and is some sort of continuation of the game hardcore fans will eat up..*coughLeft4dead2cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.