• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo Anime Coming Early 2010

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Halo Anime Coming Early 2010

Written Thursday, July 23, 2009 by Dan Webb

The LATimes are reporting that Microsoft are set to announce its latest Halo project at Comic Com today, Halo Legends - a series of seven anime shorts set in the Halo universe, which is to be overseen by Appleseed director, Shinji Aramaki.

Microsoft will oversee the project through 343 Industries, their internal division that sees to everything Halo, who are currently planning to be preview them on Xbox Live, and sell them on Blu-ray and DVD in early 2010.

There are five studios working on the project; Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio4 C, and Toei Animation. Studio4 C are working on a two part episode that is about 30 minutes long in total and tells the story of the Halo universe ... all 100,000 years of it. Toei in contrast are working on a short outside of the official scope, and one that "pokes fun" at some of the game's characters. The last short detailed was one being directed by Arakami himself and is said to tell the history of the Spartans.

Halo Legends is coming early 2010 and we should see a short trailer come out of Comic Com today. In the meantime, I'll leave you with some art from the shorts, which looks pretty slick. Count me in for this one.

halolegends.jpg

halolegends1.jpg

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Halo Anime Coming Early 2010

Beat you to it. Check Greatwood.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Jeez, havn't they milked that cow enough already?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Apparently, no.

N

Nekaku

Wait, theres gonna be an Anime Halo?!

Cain

Reaction score

yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!

lolololololololololololololololololololololol

Theres going to be a Halo anime. I've been in games, comics, books and now I'm on your tv screen. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

Nekaku

... I bet it's gonna suck...

Cain

Reaction score

as much as the zelda cartoon or not as worse?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Execution aside, its gonna suck simply because it is Halo anime. As someone else said - stop milking the dead cow!

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

The cow died in Halo: Combat Evolved, the first level, the first second of the game.

N

Nekaku

Sean;322322 said:
The cow died in Halo: Combat Evolved, the first level, the first second of the game.

Quiet you! That is wrong. I am a Fan of all the games, other than Halo Wars. The books however Suck in my opinion. Same with the comics... I think they should just keep to the games...

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Okay, sorry ! Please, they should have stopped making the games about half way through the first game, the dead cow's milk can only go so far.

Down with Halo! Call of Duty is 10x better than all others. :) Exactly why Call of Duty 2 beat all games, and Call of Duty 4 was voted game of the year, #1 in the world. And Modern Warfare 2 will blow any ridiculous & non-ending plot lined Halo game that Bungie scrambles together out of the water! :)

Cain

Reaction score

You say this like Halo is the only series to have loads of sequels and spin-offs. May I remind you that many of Video gamings icons have been "milked" far too many times. The Mario series has spawned some great games since donkey kong like super mario 64 and galaxy but mario party ended with the 1st game. Zelda has finally left the medieval period and is now in a steam age and that sucks as the medieval era setting was what went with the magic. Steam Punk Fireballs?Hell no! And don't get me started on sonic the hedgehog. My point is, once a game becomes a multi-million hit its bound to have a sequels until the develepors decide to end the main storyline and even then there are spin-offs. Even though you will hate to admit sean the same thing will happen to bioshock, unless the producers are smart and end it with the second game to keep the series good and original. Thats how the game industry works. The Halo series may be have been kept alive too long but at least their fans(and me) love the games and your opinion is not going to get bungie to end it.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Halo Anime isn't a sequel. Its a shameless and obvious attempt at milking a franchise for all it's worth. If you're truly a fan, you should be outraged...

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Obviously my opinion wouldn't end the stupidly disgusting line of crappy games. Mario? I never said that Halo was the only series out there, the Halo series is the only one that makes no freaking sense, Aliens - Kill Flood - Blow Ring Up, almost same thing through-out all three games whether you want to believe it or not, the plot SUCKS, a anime would SUCK, the movie will SUCK. It's just a fact you're going to have to deal with.

N

Nekaku

Personally, I hate CoD.... All of them. They are Exactly the same, just better graphics, as the CoD before them. They suck in my opinion. And Hal is Completely correct. The Cow is Not DEAD and ODST is going to be the best Halo yet. So Shut up, and quit shooting others opinions down in rude ways! You notice I ALWAYS say something like "in my opinion" And I say Fair enough when someone has their own opinion.

EDIT*

To the ignorent/Simpletons, WWI Makes no since at all. Almost nobody I talk to knows what the "Great War" was. So, don't go there. If you pay attention and actually listen when in Game, you'll Learn a GREAT deal. It makes just as much since as Star Wars and Star Trek.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Thats over-simplifying it, like saying Monsters - Mario - Squash Goomba - Save princess from tortoise... There is more storyline than that you know. Find out about a game before you judge it... Anyway, Halo was fun, is fun and will be in my top 10 for a while now.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Who said the cow is dead? No, its more a case of a great cow's milk being used in the making of inferior quality dairy products....

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Agreed... It is like those people that go on a youtube video they don't like and make fun of it.

N

Nekaku

Tsuyu;322345 said:
Who said the cow is dead? No, its more a case of a great cow's milk being used in the making of inferior quality dairy products....

Ooh. I love that statement. Makes since, and doesn't offend as easily.