• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello I just thought I would stop in here and say hi.

G

Gollak_Khal

Hello I just thought I would stop in here and say hi.

Just wanted to come here and announce I am here and I am here to stay. :)

(hopefully)^_^

F

FableFreak

Re: Hello I just thought I would stop in here and say hi.

hello.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

HI! :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hi there and welcome to the forums ^_^

G

Grim Reefa

hi mate

D

Darg

Ahoy there and watch yourself! We're a dangerous bunch here...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Your the dangerous one, I'd never hurt this guy unless I had good reason...or if I was really drunk.

Well, welcome to the forums and to commemerate this even I shall make you one of my henchmen, congrats. You can pick up your henchman uniform later.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hi.

A question on your Star Trek-entertainedness: do/did you watch the movies and shows, or do you read the books, too? I've seen the more recent movies, and I've read a lot of the books. I barely remember watching TNG, because I was really young at the time. I never did really watch DS9 or Voyager or the most recent one.

G

Gollak_Khal

Walker;92251 said:
Hi.

A question on your Star Trek-entertainedness: do/did you watch the movies and shows, or do you read the books, too? I've seen the more recent movies, and I've read a lot of the books. I barely remember watching TNG, because I was really young at the time. I never did really watch DS9 or Voyager or the most recent one.

I have seen 4 of the original Star Trek Movies and I have seen all of the TNG movies. I have seen only a few of the original series episodes cause there not on much anymore but I have seen about 95% of TNG and DS9 episodes. Voyager episodes I have only been able to see about half of them. The latest series Enterprise I have not been able to watch caause when it was showing it was on at a time I could not catch it and now there not showing it in my area. :( but once they start showing tham again I will watch them. As far as the books I read them on occasion but not all the time since they are not apart of the official timeline.

D

Darg

Seigfreid;92244 said:
Your the dangerous one, I'd never hurt this guy unless I had good reason...or if I was really drunk.

Well, welcome to the forums and to commemerate this even I shall make you one of my henchmen, congrats. You can pick up your henchman uniform later.

Dangerous and crazy I may be, but that is the way to set the soul free... Hey, that rhymed. By the way, good old Seigfreid and I are bards (ignore the username) on the forums, poets in our own fruity, rep-stealing way. Beware of us...

G

Gollak_Khal

Well if you guys are crazy I will fit right in. I especialy if you all are moribidly twisted bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha :devil:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Wow... you're much more dedicated to the movies and shows than I... but you really should read the books-- they're really good even if not canon.

Let me rephrase that-- some are great, some suck, and some are decent. It all depends on the book.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Heh. The Next Generation. Gotta admit I watch that whenever I get the chance, which sadly isn't nearly as often as I'd like.

Data just being Data, and poor Worf trying to fit in with all the human traditions... ah.. I love Worf's reactions to such things as when they celebrate his birthday in a humanly fashion. ^_^

H

Hexadecimal

well, anyone who is a fan of ReBoot and Pinky and the Brain sounds good in my book :thumbsup::lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hee-hee. I love Worf and Data. They get really entertaining in some of the books. Also incredibly badass, and out of the "reality" of the shows and movies.

Oh, and Hex-- cool new KOTOR signature. I like it even better than the las one just because it has more lightsabers. Now if only they were a dual-wielded cyan and green... oh, well, not everyone has my sterling taste. [arrogant grin]

Hey... I suddenly forget who this thread was welcoming... wait... it's about Star Trek, so guy-with-Star-Trek-in-his-signature. So, welcome for a second time, lest we forget what the hell we're doing, Gollak_Khal.

G

Gollak_Khal

I will have to try some of the books next time I see a good sale. Is there any you would recommend?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

If you really want my advice, I'd ignore everything I say below and go find a Thrift Store/Salvation Army Store/Secondhand Store/Et cetera and go to their book sections. You can find LOTS of good books that way, not limited to Star Trek but with a good number of them. The fact that they're tossed at the Thrift Store does NOT mean they're bad. Some very good books end up there, even old and out of print ones. Your public library probably also has a used book sale constantly or at some point.​

And here's one other thing-- don't judge them all by one. All the books are different, so read more than one before going "oh, these are crap".​

Oh, and another thing-- if you want to learn more about any of the ones below except the asterisked ones, PM or e-mail me. I might be able to help you with the asterisked ones, too, but I don't remember them as well.​

But yeah, here's a list. These are all the ones I just went up and saw on my shelves, minus the ones that I remembered as bad and plus one that I remembered as good.

TNG:

Masks, very long ago, may have title wrong, no idea who the author is, lost book.*

Ship of the Line, long ago, don't remember author

War Drums, John Vornholt

Rogue Saucer, John Vornholt*

Guises of the Mind, Rebecca Neason

The Romulan Prize, Simon Hawke*

Spartacus, T.L. Mancour

Reunion, Michael Jan Friedman

Original Series:

Shell Game, Melissa Crandall*

Probe, long ago, don't remember. Associated with one of the movies. The probe is the thing that came for the whales in a movie or whatever.

DS9:

The Big Game, did not see book, but very good. Don't remember author.

There are also some others from the library that I don't remember, mostly from the library, but the The Captain's Table series is good; the Star Trek: Titan series is good, if a bit fantastic; Star Trek: S.C.E. (Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers) series is good; Star Trek: IKS Gorkon (Imperial Klingon Ship) series is good, and John Vornholt is good.​

However, as you mentioned, these are not canonical. Some contradict each other in ways both major and minor, and some are worse than others. Oh, and there's one more uncanonical about the founding of Starfleet that is very good. I think it's called Star Trek: Daedalus. There are many others, but I can't think of them.

EDIT: I just realized that this wasn't the "book" thread. Sshould I delete this post and move this over there? I didn't mean to hijack the welcome/intro thread, though the introductee did ask me to.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

:w00t: Pinky and the Brain I loved that show.
TNG was the best! I simple must get a hold of Reboot some day

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

TV Links

ask and you shall receive, Albion Knight.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Sweet Thanks :D +Rep :thumbsup: