• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello I just thought I would stop in here and say hi.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Hello I just thought I would stop in here and say hi.

Walker;92345 said:
Hee-hee. I love Worf and Data. They get really entertaining in some of the books. Also incredibly badass, and out of the "reality" of the shows and movies.

Hehe - Worf is the definition of badass! :p

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Trekkies aside, welcome to the forums and have fun! Good to have you join us :D

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I fear that this forum has become too plagued by trekkies. I as myself shall see to it that these forums are cleansed of space-jabbering fools! Come that who are not tainted and join me!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Seigfreid;92546 said:
I fear that this forum has become too plagued by trekkies. I as myself shall see to it that these forums are cleansed of space-jabbering fools! Come that who are not tainted and join me!

Don't make me use the Vulcan Neck Pinch...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Go take a phaser and cram it down yer throat. Or better yet, get back to your fight with those star wars nerds and maybe this time end it. Hahaha!

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

For the record, I only ever liked the original Star Trek because it was so phenomenally camp and sexist - hilarious!

Janeway I didn't like because I don't think a woman should be in charge of a whacking great spaceship...but enough of my misogynistic tendencies...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Seigfreid;92561 said:
Go take a phaser and cram it down yer throat. Or better yet, get back to your fight with those star wars nerds and maybe this time end it. Hahaha!

That's quite enough of that. Jokes aside, you are starting to take a very hostile tone. Quit it.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

(He can hear mt tone? Is my mike on? Can he hear my thoughts? Must...revert...thoughts to...playing golf.)

My apologies, didn't mean to "sound" hostile. Just having fun. But I'll keep it down.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

He can hear, read and play your thoughts in Hd ready format with dolby surround sound....frightening but true...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Trekky? Screw you! (metaphorically and without any malice) Trekky I ain't. I read Star Wars, too, as well as roghly fifty billion different Sci-fi, Fantasy, milfic, histfic, alternate histfic, and miscellaneous-genre series, anthologies, and singleton novels.

But yeah, I did get really enthused with that list up there. On the other hand, that was only a small fraction of the books I own, let alone those I've read.

And Angel-- I got no idea what you're talking about. The books (the very few Original series ones I've read) didn't seem too sexist (emphasis on the "too"), and the camp was less visible in book form. I didn't like Voyager either, though.

G

Gollak_Khal

Tsuyu;92554 said:
Don't make me use the Vulcan Neck Pinch...

At the risk of sounding to nerdy it is called the Vulcan nerve pinch not neck pinch.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Gollak_Khal;92654 said:
At the risk of sounding to nerdy it is called the Vulcan nerve pinch not neck pinch.

Not in Spaceballs it aint! :lol:

G

Gollak_Khal

Well I have not seen Spaceballs so I will just agree with you and call it that.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Gollak_Khal;92780 said:
Well I have not seen Spaceballs so I will just agree with you and call it that.

Haha, well you should - all of Mel Brook's movies own, but Spaceballs is the best. Definitely worth a watch, especially as if you've watched Star Trek and Starwars you'll get all of the jokes.

The part I am talking about is when the hero sneaks up on some guard and attempts the pinch, upon which the guard says;

"What do you think you're doing?"
"Uh.. the Vulcan neck pinch?"
"Oh you idiot, it's down here!"
*Guard pinches himself, knocking himself out cold*

G

Gollak_Khal

Well I may have to see about watching it than. If I do see it and it sucks I will haunt you forever in your dreams. :)

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Gollak_Khal;92787 said:
Well I may have to see about watching it than. If I do see it and it sucks I will haunt you forever in your dreams. :)

Pfft. "Sucks" and "Mel Brooks" don't compute! Let alone with Spaceballs! :lol:

YouTube - Spaceballs - Dark Helmet clip

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

History of the World :w00t:
"It's good to be the king" ;)

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;92794 said:
History of the World :w00t:
"It's good to be the king" ;)

As I said, Mel Brooks rule. :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;92651 said:
And Angel-- I got no idea what you're talking about. The books (the very few Original series ones I've read) didn't seem too sexist (emphasis on the "too"), and the camp was less visible in book form. I didn't like Voyager either, though.
Ahh, but I wasn't referring to books like everyone here - I meant the TV series with the teeny tiny short skirts for the females (Lt. Uhura, anyone?) and the guys constantly meeting alien women who for some reason were blonde, leggy and with huge breasts that their teeny tiny skin tight outfits didn't quite manage to cover, despite their apparent superior intelligence.

I tried to read the books but got very bored very quickly - my sci-fi is limited to a little Asimov and, if I can stomach him, Arthur C Clarke. Too technical and I switch off...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yay! Asimov and Clarke! Heinlein is also good-- I loved the real Starship Troopers. I also add Philip K. Dick and Timothy Zahn to the Big Three of sci-fi.

And yeah, really, I did know what you spoke of. That's why I said "too" so sarcastically. I would have spoken of the TV show, but I never saw it. Some of the Original Series books keep the "hot Alien and/or Colonist Human and/or Mutant Colonist Human falling out of clothes" character alive and well. From the Depths, for instance, is on an extremely hot, watery planet where everyone goes naked or half-naked and no one seems to be ugly unless they are REALLY heavily genetically modified. And, of course, Kirk ends up squeezed into a small space with the half-naked mutant colonist chick.

And yeah, Mel Brooks kicks ***. All I've seen is Blazing Saddles, but it is funny as hell. We still have nostalgic, somewhat depressing memories of how my little sister cackled at it over and over again on a... vacation. She was especially amused by the campfire scene...