• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just don't get it....

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: I just don't get it....

Psychosis;345222 said:
So if I decide to have an angry episode where I lash out at someone over the internet to relieve myself, that's trolling?

Or if I wind somebody up by being sarcastic and ****y, to the point where they're issuing death threats to me, that's trolling?
The latter, it is to the point where they make an absolute scene of themselves and rage all over the place, losing all credibility.

Psychosis

Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;345224 said:
The latter, it is to the point where they make an absolute scene of themselves and rage all over the place, losing all credibility.

Surely that would make both people trolls then? Oh I don't know. I'll just pretend to understand.

Edit: I'm getting confused now, I didn't read your post properly. I'm not a stupid person, honestly. I'm just tired.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Psychosis;345226 said:
Surely that would make both people trolls then? Oh I don't know. I'll just pretend to understand.
Basically, trolls keep their cool throughout, but manage to make the victim rage all over the place.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Psychosis;345226 said:
A regular forum users definition :
A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of ****ing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.
^ he was probably trolled recently when he wrote that :lol:

A trolls definition:
One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective - their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.
^ obviously posted by a very infuriating troll

A neutral definition:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
source: Urban Dictionary

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;345216 said:
People just don't know the definition of troll nowadays. They think a troll is someone who disagrees with everyone else, which is bull****.

It's also fun to call someone a troll for the purpose of trolling, it really works ;D
Have you met JohnDoe?
cheezMcNASTY;345353 said:
A regular forum users definition :
A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of ****ing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.
^ he was probably trolled recently when he wrote that :lol:

A trolls definition:
One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective - their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.
^ obviously posted by a very infuriating troll

A neutral definition:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
source: Urban Dictionary
Dang you, I was going to link to that! But, the latter (last) definition is correct.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Pirate X;345375 said:
Have you met JohnDoe?
Yes, I live in his cardboard box. Stop making him rip it apart. :(
Pirate X;345375 said:
Dang you, I was going to link to that! But, the latter (last) definition is correct.
Actually, you seem to think trolling is spamming someone with "hahahaha" over and over again on their profile page. cuz u so kul.

His attempt to troll me back:
Pirate X said:
ahhahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahvv how do you like it now
Pirate X said:
ahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahah

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

^ That's quite alright, psychology (along with most of the "social sciences") are complete and utter bull****.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Meh, girls are like that dont you think?
I mean at school ive had this girl complaining at me for me to go out with her but im just like meh no thank you.

10 minutes later she comes back again x.x

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

wow, we're just attacking everyone in this thread.
sad face.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Not everyone, we could let Pink come in and have his way with the audience.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Firis;345483 said:
^Not everyone, we could let Pink come in and have his way with the audience.

You called? :3

The 'having of the ways' part sounds very appealing.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Okay lets put all our Feelings aside, sexual feelings, if that tickles ya fancy and all get along.

:D

Women, Without men, Are nothing.

Do any of you remember that quote?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Don't remember it :/
And to Tiamatra, I was refering to "Pink" from The Wall.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Pirate X;345375 said:
Have you met JohnDoe?

Why yes, he's that beautiful gu- I mean, he's that guy that everyone seems to get along with except for a certain person who gets trolled heartily by DS.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

"Bomb Defused, Counter-Trolls win."

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Oh you guiz make me blush :3

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Firis;345541 said:
^Don't remember it :/
And to Tiamatra, I was refering to "Pink" from The Wall.

Yeah... I,... I knew that...

*sniffle*

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Don't sniffle :(
... Dun worry... It be kaaaaaaaaaaay.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Firis;345556 said:
Don't sniffle :(
... Dun worry... It be kaaaaaaaaaaay.

Huggles. :3

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Not to be a Negative Bum, But those past posts are very.. ff-topic and have nothing to do with the forums, Haha. Just watch out next time, Someone less nice will find out next time. :D