• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Theresa Evil?

Do you think Theresa is...?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score
Re: Is Theresa Evil?

i think that she is neutral. she helps you and stuff but she did it somewhat for her own gain and begone seemed somewhat selfish and evil but a somewhat good act.

Ragnarok7777

Reaction score

moonfever;269346 said:
I picked neutral, because she can go either way. She reminds me of Kria from Kotor 2, the Betrayer.:unsure: She always seems to agree with whatever choices, the Hero makes.
I keep thinking the middle figure in the Shadow Court is her. o_O

I agree Theresa is the head of the Shadow Court.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Can somebody sticky this? It's another thread we get a lot of, and this one has a poll ^^

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Theresa is extremely evil...
Y'know that -one- single pose that Theresa is ALWAYS in? Next time you play through Fable-2, look at the middle Shadow in the shadow-court....It looks -exactly- like a shadow-Theresa....
If Theresa was "good", she would
1. Not let you be evil.
2. Not let you go to Lucien, and let rose die (She's a fortune teller, so she would have known it was gonna hapen)
3. Not Let Hammer's dad (the Abbot) die
4. Not have let Garth be taken
5. Not have completely dissapeared when Lucien showed up
6. Have destroyed the Spire, after knowing it's nature

Lucien also states "I only listened" when Hammer asked how he found them at the top of the cullis-gate hill...
She looks at you really creepily and says "And the Spire...Is mine." at the end...

She is a greedy witch bent on using all of her power to slowly shape history and events to get The Spire...

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

with the new dlc, Id say she is no worse than neutral. with here abuilites she sees visions, but here powers are not so well that she knew your sister would die and all that. she sees things that may be, things that have, been, and sometimes things that will be. she acts as a guide to fulfill her visions. she knew that lucien was after the spire, she knew you were the one that must stop him. she may or may not have known what would happen to Rose. in situations like this sacrifices must be made.

all her life she has been plauged with visions, and like Archon she has unnaturaly long life. she has seen nothing but vauge visions for 500 years, with the power of the spire she is finally able to make sense of it all. her actions are justifyed IMO.

Fable is not something to be played. it is something to be lived, loved, and understood.

woooo...... I sound epic and wise (in my own head anyway :p )!

and as for taking the spire and sending you away......... In a game where you are free to do whatever you please, what is she supposed to do, give it to you?

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

She could destroy it, like a good person...haha, just kidding.

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score

TJ Griffin;297485 said:
with the new dlc, Id say she is no worse than neutral. with here abuilites she sees visions, but here powers are not so well that she knew your sister would die and all that. she sees things that may be, things that have, been, and sometimes things that will be. she acts as a guide to fulfill her visions. she knew that lucien was after the spire, she knew you were the one that must stop him. she may or may not have known what would happen to Rose. in situations like this sacrifices must be made.

all her life she has been plauged with visions, and like Archon she has unnaturaly long life. she has seen nothing but vauge visions for 500 years, with the power of the spire she is finally able to make sense of it all. her actions are justifyed IMO.

Fable is not something to be played. it is something to be lived, loved, and understood.

woooo...... I sound epic and wise (in my own head anyway :p )!

and as for taking the spire and sending you away......... In a game where you are free to do whatever you please, what is she supposed to do, give it to you?

Nice!!

I never doubted her actions for a second, she is and always shall be non evil :p

U

ultimakey

personally i think she acts good but has an evil agenda, she says the spire hold great power and she gives the main character 1 wish while she keeps it to herself and unlocks her own powers and you never get this great power to stop lucien u just shoot him so something is up and plus he eyes they are just creepy as **** and she knows too many things i think she manipulated all the events and in a futur fable she reveals he plans like reviving twin blade or jack of blades but i think she tries to kill the main character's son but tells the main character that his son will be evil and try to take over the world or something and the main character has to choose

basically she evil as hell

Saint Sparrow

Reaction score

How is she evil as hell? She's far more neutral with a great conviction in preserving the greatest amount of lives through the events that are unavoidable. Yes she does push the hero and those around him but only because they are needed, she informs those who are against who because of those pushes. Without these pushes you'd never have found the power to defeat Lucien and save the people from the wish he would have made. Yes she takes the spire but only because the spire itself held that gift for her. She'll continue to guide heroes through the possibilities of the futures and how to handle those knots in the fabric of time which every thread touches.

She believes in the needs of the many and she sees her actions as justified and part of the balance needed to preserve Albion.

Twilight

Reaction score

No one can tell if Theresa is evil or not. No one knows what her true intentions are. She is a 100% mystery.

Jackums

The Commander
Reaction score

^ Obviously. But the point of this thread is to speculate on that.

----------------------

The only thing to lead me to believe that she's evil, is her final words.
Other than that, she seems quite neutral. She didn't try influence you throughout your journey.
She didn't care which path you chose (good/evil).
She was merely there to show you the way to defeating Lucien.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Why does anyone care if she's good or evil?

U

ultimakey

because it could be in the future of the fable series and she might have an important role of good or evil

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Just wait and see, while playing pub games.

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Theresa's motives were definatley not shown after here capture by Twinblade in number 1...she might definitley be corrupted...

I'm am about 70% sure she is corrupted. BTW when she says "He'll find you when your sleeping and when the daylight fades..." is she referring to Jack of Blades.

A

ALAW14

that bitches is evil she WILL be the next baddy of Fable 3

D

dizrim

thats a good question. im not so sure shes either good or evil because she wanted the spire for her self. also isnt she your sister in fable 1?

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Not only does Theresa save your life as a child, she also helps you against beating the evil Lord Lucien who is trying to corrupt Albion (although he very stupidly thinks that he is perfecting it). Also, at the begining of the game, if you go on a killing spree in the gypsy camp before meeting Theresa at the gate, she says "What makes you feel stronger? Killing those who cannot defend themselves? Or allowing them to live?". This proves her good morality since she's trying to persuade you to not kill people since it is an evil deed.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

dizrim;299842 said:
also isnt she your sister in fable 1?

Yes, although she very inconviniently interrupts you while you're trying to kill Twinblade.

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score

sirgage0;297459 said:
Theresa is extremely evil...
Y'know that -one- single pose that Theresa is ALWAYS in? Next time you play through Fable-2, look at the middle Shadow in the shadow-court....It looks -exactly- like a shadow-Theresa....
If Theresa was "good", she would
1. Not let you be evil.
2. Not let you go to Lucien, and let rose die (She's a fortune teller, so she would have known it was gonna hapen)
3. Not Let Hammer's dad (the Abbot) die
4. Not have let Garth be taken
5. Not have completely dissapeared when Lucien showed up
6. Have destroyed the Spire, after knowing it's nature

Lucien also states "I only listened" when Hammer asked how he found them at the top of the cullis-gate hill...
She looks at you really creepily and says "And the Spire...Is mine." at the end...

She is a greedy witch bent on using all of her power to slowly shape history and events to get The Spire...

I really have to disagree with you on that one.

1. The Guildmaster in the first fable was good, and so was the entire Heroes' Guild. They still had evil heroes though.
2. Ever hear of "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"?
3. It's not like she can instantly teleport to the Temple and pull out a gun and shoot the Spire guard. She even act surprised when the monk gave the news to Hammer and the Hero.
4. She may have known that Lucien would try to capture Garth, but Lucien could've done the same to Reaver. I doubt that she constantly sees the future and knows everything that comes at her.
5. Could you be more specific?
6. She's a will master. Even though the Spire was used for evil, it still channeled all of the will in the world. It also gave her a gift and saw the future of the king and the baby (along with the unknown "Aurora").

Also, about that "I only listened" quote, that doesn't necessarily mean it was her. Could've been him using some sort of way to watch them or know they were there.

I'm not saying that you're completely wrong, but I don't think that she's that evil. Maybe she's just shaping history and making sure that everything doesn't get too out of control, you know? Also, like a previous post said, she frowns upon violence against the Gypsy camp folk.

I personally think she doesn't want morals to get in the way of keeping the world balanced, and also doesn't want anything getting too messed up like in the first Fable. Maybe she doesn't trust people, Idk. I hope we find out sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.