• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades in Fable 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Jack of Blades in Fable 3?

Jack has always been one of my favorite characters in the Fable universe, but I don't think he should be part of the main story in Fable 3, nor do I think he will be part of the main story. As I've said maybe once before, Lionhead is too good to use the cliched tactic of bringing back a previous antagonist. Now, if there was a side quest in Fable 3 that involved Jack, I would be all for it.

As for Rose's letter, I think it's definitely talking about Scythe.

...there's someone here that says he knows us, says he knows our family...He's very thin and wears a hood and looks scary...

That could all apply to Jack or Scythe, so I'll leave it alone.

I think he's a King or something.

Scythe is definitely more of a king than Jack was. He was the first Archon, after all. Jack only shared the power over what would later become Albion with the Knight and Queen of Blades, and if anyone was the leader of those three, I think it would be the Knight because he was the first one we see wielding the Sword of Aeons.

...he's nice and I feel safe with him here.

This quote almost needs no explaining. An evil being like Jack wouldn't make anyone feel comfortable or safe. Scythe would. He's a Hero.

Arseface;351918 said:
Also have some ties between Lucien and the Court.

Oh god, why would you want that? I have nothing against the Court, but Lucien was a horrible character.

James Butts;351995 said:
JOB=FAIL, JOB is ghey.

Kindly kill yourself. :)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;352073 said:
Oh god, why would you want that? I have nothing against the Court, but Lucien was a horrible character.

Because then if they do go down the road of having the Court as the ultimate enemy (which I think they will, having introduced them in the first place), then not having any links with Lucien will make Fable 2 completely redundant as far as the story goes.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;352079 said:
not having any links with Lucien will make Fable 2 completely redundant as far as the story goes.

I don't see how.

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

James Butts;351995 said:
JOB=FAIL, JOB is ghey.

Ahem, If you think so, please get off of fable forums because apparently you hate the game, therefore, I hate you. ^_^

Skorn

Lord of Scum and Villainy
Reaction score

Holy mess, just got through reading your first post, Jack. It NEVER occurred to me that JoB would return, and I've red that letter over and over again to figure out if there was anything behind it. Now that you suggest JoB is returning, I feel stupid for not thinking that myself in the first place lol. That would be pretty cool, but I am kinda tired of the guy coming back...just die punk.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

^^ Yea. it would be different if like luicen's soul ended up in the void and jack of blades soul was in there and they fused into some kind of thinky majingy to make a new kind of thingymawhat but still... bringing back a old villain is.. overused to say the least.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

I have my doubts that Jack will return, and I pray to God that Lucien stays dead as well. Everything was great until I ended his regime by looking at him wrong.

My thought is that, should any member of the Court make an appearance, it will be the Queen seeing as the game has a lot to do with royalty and monarchs and whatnot.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I hope Jack doesn't return as an actual character, maybe liek a background character, like Cortana in Halo 3, but less obvious and annoying, maybe liek you see him but never talk to him or interact. Maybe hear his voice once or twice, have books about him, something, I want JoB to be in Fable III, jsut not a character, As for Scythe vs Jack: Jack could be, Scythe is more liekly, but Jack is also very possible, if you remember, Jack could make her feel safe Necromancer11, as in Fable I he was praised as a hero, and was trusted by the people, and your hero didn't think anything bad of him. And he was a King, a King of the VOID I might add, he was basically the real Skorm (I imagine the Void as a purgatory/hell like place.)

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

I think anything Lucien related is possible, but I wouldn’t prefer it unless they completely remade him or proved his to be something much greater than plain old guy trying to get a wish granted. Do remember what I said before about that Theresa brought the whole thing together in the first place. She might be up to something. And how she mysteriously vanished at the end of TLC was suspicious as well. Jack of Blades was still in TLC at the same time that Theresa left but she ended up coming back. My ideas involve Jack coming back in some way shape or form. It only seems to make sense to me but I have a feeling that the court will get involved making the game have a fun interesting twist to it.

Skorn

Reaction score

Yeah that reminds me, I'm kinda concerned about this whole Theresa thing. At the end of Fable 2, I couldn't help but think she was some what evil. What was she using the Spire for all that time after Lucien died? And is she gunna be in Fable 3? We haven't already discussed that have we? Cause I'm really really curious about it.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Well, as many have said before, Jack of Blades shouldn't be back in the main plot... It might be cool to make him come back in an expansion or something for Fable 3, and it will be cool to have him come into the Hero's sights and say 'this time, I brought my old friends!' and the rest of the court appear at his side!

Regarding the letter, it might be Scythe or it might be Jack of Blades, but if Theresa lived for so long, then what about the Hero of Oakvale? He might have lived as long as well, only he was in hiding or something... He might easily be the 'thin, hooded man' in the letter... He was the descendant of the Archons, which makes him King-like, and if you did all the good sides of the main quests in TLC, he should be warm and kind as well... What puzzles me however is why he didn't make any visual appearance in Fable 2, besides his pictures on the Guild Cave walls, and the book

Skorn

Reaction score

Daniel Ray;352948 said:
Well, as many have said before, Jack of Blades shouldn't be back in the main plot... It might be cool to make him come back in an expansion or something for Fable 3, and it will be cool to have him come into the Hero's sights and say 'this time, I brought my old friends!' and the rest of the court appear at his side!

Regarding the letter, it might be Scythe or it might be Jack of Blades, but if Theresa lived for so long, then what about the Hero of Oakvale? He might have lived as long as well, only he was in hiding or something... He might easily be the 'thin, hooded man' in the letter... He was the descendant of the Archons, which makes him King-like, and if you did all the good sides of the main quests in TLC, he should be warm and kind as well... What puzzles me however is why he didn't make any visual appearance in Fable 2, besides his pictures on the Guild Cave walls, and the book

Wow...very valid point. That would be awesome if it is the Oakvale Hero, but I'm kinda skeptical. A thin hooded man? Why would they describe him like that? Though you do make alot of sense...where else would the Hero be?

Maybe he died or something, and Theresa is trying to raise him from the dead with the Spire? Honestly, I think the hooded guy really is Scythe. That guy can live forever. Choosing between Jack of Blades, Scythe and the hero is hard for me...I'll just have to wait for it to come out :( I'm so impatient. Wait a minute...could the hooded guy be Weaver, the old guild master? Or did he actually die in the first fable? Just throwing it out there lol

Harbinger

Reaction score

I dont know how you managed to figure that all out, but you did a really good job to do so. I would like Jack to return in fable 3, but not as the main villian. I would like a new one, but then right at the end after you kill him (or her), you find that Jack was just using the body as a host, and you have to kill him again.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Skorn;352959 said:
Wow...very valid point. That would be awesome if it is the Oakvale Hero, but I'm kinda skeptical. A thin hooded man? Why would they describe him like that? Though you do make alot of sense...where else would the Hero be?

Maybe he died or something, and Theresa is trying to raise him from the dead with the Spire? Honestly, I think the hooded guy really is Scythe. That guy can live forever. Choosing between Jack of Blades, Scythe and the hero is hard for me...I'll just have to wait for it to come out :( I'm so impatient. Wait a minute...could the hooded guy be Weaver, the old guild master? Or did he actually die in the first fable? Just throwing it out there lol

1.) yea he did die.
2.) if he was hooded we all wouldn't remember that shiny bald head of his would we? ;)

Skorn

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;352994 said:
1.) yea he did die.
2.) if he was hooded we all wouldn't remember that shiny bald head of his would we? ;)

Haha right. Point taken

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

You know who is the hooded guy? Boobyman, he must conceal his boobs under a hood, as boobs are kind and gentle, so is he... Seriously, we may find out in Fable III, there might not be ANYTHING about Scythe or Jack in Fable III... The wait isn't too bad, I can take it.

Gerdy Neek

Reaction score

I always assumed it was Jack. But no the guildmaster didnt die. In TLC hes back but you can kill him if you want. I doubt its the hero of Oakvale because he could look like anything. Scythe is pretty unlikely. My vote/guess goes to Jack

Skorn

Reaction score

Gerdy Neek;353030 said:
I always assumed it was Jack. But no the guildmaster didnt die. In TLC hes back but you can kill him if you want. I doubt its the hero of Oakvale because he could look like anything. Scythe is pretty unlikely. My vote/guess goes to Jack

See! I figured Weaver was alive and didn't die! But I agree, it is more likely that Jack returns...thats gunna suck. They can only bring one guy back so many times. Dude...wanna bet that Theresa wished Jack of Blades back to life? I bet she turned evil and brought him back, which would help explain him coming back to Fable. Now that would be something i could handle...but it raises the question as to WHY she would do that.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Skorn;353077 said:
See! I figured Weaver was alive and didn't die! But I agree, it is more likely that Jack returns...thats gunna suck. They can only bring one guy back so many times. Dude...wanna bet that Theresa wished Jack of Blades back to life? I bet she turned evil and brought him back, which would help explain him coming back to Fable. Now that would be something i could handle...but it raises the question as to WHY she would do that.

Hmm... if Theresa did want to bring Jack back, then she might just want to defeat Jack on her own? He did make her blind in the first place and althought she wanted the hero of oakvale to stop Jack, it didnt necesarily mean that she wanted him to die the last time at the hero of oakvale's hands... She might want to kill him with her own hands now that she has the spire's power...With the spire and her extreme sense of sight, Jack would be tortured under her own feet!

Hey! How about that?! Jack returns only to be humiliated by Theresa!? Just a thought...:p

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

that would dissappoint me. I'd say no, because you can't ruin a character like JoB who already has such a good rep in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.