• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades in Fable 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerdy Neek

Reaction score
Re: Jack of Blades in Fable 3?

Kind of a lame thought but it could be Lucien. He looks like a king. Although he doesn not wear a hood. I heard that its the Oakvale hero. Scythe is out. It is waaay too evil for him and Im sorry but hes just not really an important character. My vote goes towards Jack Of Blades.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Bah, she woudl remember Lucien, and he died.

Cain

Reaction score

Gerdy Neek;353203 said:
Kind of a lame thought but it could be Lucien. He looks like a king. Although he doesn not wear a hood. I heard that its the Oakvale hero. Scythe is out. It is waaay too evil for him and Im sorry but hes just not really an important character. My vote goes towards Jack Of Blades.

Scythe is one of the most important characters in the fable story. He is the archon, he found the sword of aeons. He saved albion, ruled the old kingdom. Also how is wearing a hood and looking after one of his possible ancestors too evil for scythe. if you think that wearing a hood is evil then your hoodist.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I think it could be scythe considering he is immortal

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

^^ I think scythe was with ur sister when she died cuz if u chose that middle card at the end ( can't remeber havn't played in ages lol ) she says she's with someone who resembles scythe.

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

Sythe looks nothing like a king in any way shape or form... Jack had that fancy touch to him.. You could assume that he would be some kind of king, especially after being dead for like 20-30 years

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

but scythe wears BLUE, JOB wears RED

but scythe's golden Scythe makes scythe look like a king :D

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

Jack of Blades in the game would probably go a lot of the way to help fable 3 making up for when p m kicks us all in the balls after all the hype. We all know he'll do it again. It's as inevitable as the sunrise, or more appropriatly the sunset. All my hope in Lionhead sure as hell will when it kicks us in the balls. AGAIN!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

AON of Greatnes;353283 said:
Jack of Blades in the game would probably go a lot of the way to help fable 3 making up for when p m kicks us all in the balls after all the hype. We all know he'll do it again. It's as inevitable as the sunrise, or more appropriatly the sunset. All my hope in Lionhead sure as hell will when it kicks us in the balls. AGAIN!

dunno about inevitable...but i say bringing back j.o.b. would give fable a good twist. especially if theresa orchestrates the whole thing.
even better is if they give her an ulterior motive she's had all along that ties all 3 games together. i would rate the fable story many points higher if they managed something of the sort. it's already too late to say there is no connection, since theresa is in both fable games. ;)

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

^ that wud be savage!but no im not sayin it wud be a bad game. it wud probly be really very good, just not as good as the hype. i mean i know that im probly goin to be really dissapointed

Cain

Reaction score

Jack Of Blades.;353261 said:
Sythe looks nothing like a king in any way shape or form... Jack had that fancy touch to him.. You could assume that he would be some kind of king, especially after being dead for like 20-30 years

Scythe_Concept.jpg

He has ancient golden armour, but anybody can get that today. Why, I just got some from the local newsagents just this morning.

Quite a lot of fable fans believe scythe is a william black/archon, who is a king and he looks a lot like a king. Also the good ending was chosen by lionhead as canon so Jack is dead, face it hes not coming back.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Jack of Blades was a great enemy to fight, but the hero got him, unless the hero put on the mask. Then he was jack, so it is possible for a return. :O

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'm hoping that in Fable IV your main Quest is to prevent or assist the return of the knight of blades (secretly not knowing that it is the knight until the final) and then Fable V is with both the knight and queen of blades both.

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

Soap;353339 said:
He has ancient golden armor, but anybody can get that today. Why, I just got some from the local newsagents just this morning.

Quite a lot of fable fans believe scythe is a william black/archon, who is a king and he looks a lot like a king. Also the good ending was chosen by lionhead as canon so Jack is dead, face it hes not coming back.

I think that he looks nothing like a king because of his... you know... dead face. He's isn’t very attractive and when you take the word "king" when describing something you are not being literal. Sorry for those atheists out there (please don't comment on the phrase I’m about to type because this isn’t a post about religion but of Job, lol) but the Word teaches of Jesus coming into the world as a mere mortal, when all of the Pharisees pictured him to be a big majestic king, coming into the world with royalty. Instead he came into the world humbly and was born in a cave in a manger from a middle class virgin. We are not talking about a king in the manner of he looks like a king in sense of the chance he may be a king, but the word king is usually described as one who looks royal and great.

Sythe is a zombie dude with a fur robe and ancient armor. Who knows, maybe jack slightly changed his outfit to go with the fable 2 style. Sythe does not seem royal to me. He doesnt even have a hood though, does he?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Soap;353339 said:

we have a spire that can bring people back from the dead, and the person in control was personally involved when the hero of oakvale defeated him.
i fail to see where your absolute certainty is coming from o_O

and scythe....does not look like a king any more than eddy the iron maiden zombie.
no little girl in their right mind would 'feel safe' around something that looks like that :lol:

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

Jack Of Blades.;353384 said:
I think that he looks nothing like a king because of his... you know... dead face. He's isn’t very attractive and when you take the word "king" when describing something you are not being literal. Sorry for those atheists out there (please don't comment on the phrase I’m about to type because this isn’t a post about religion but of Job, lol) but the Word teaches of Jesus coming into the world as a mere mortal, when all of the Pharisees pictured him to be a big majestic king, coming into the world with royalty. Instead he came into the world humbly and was born in a cave in a manger from a middle class virgin. We are not talking about a king in the manner of he looks like a king in sense of the chance he may be a king, but the word king is usually described as one who looks royal and great.

Sythe is a zombie dude with a fur robe and ancient armor. Who knows, maybe jack slightly changed his outfit to go with the fable 2 style. Sythe does not seem royal to me. He doesnt even have a hood though, does he?

scythe looks like a king.. jack wore red not blue.. jack doesn't look skinny like scythe... rose also said she was scared of him at first.. well look at scythes face. jack of blades face doesn't look scary... Also scythe was GREAT, he probably still is, you should do some lookin' up on him..

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

this is the actual letter. verbatum.
A Letter From Rose said:
Dear Sparrow,

I woke up today in such a peculiar place. It's like a great big forest, with lots and lots of trees that go on forever. I was scared at first because I couldn't find you, but there's someone here who says he knows us. Says he knows our family. He told me his name, but I keep forgetting it. Weird. I think he's a king or something. He's very thin and wears a hood and looks scary, but he's nice and I feel safe with him here. I hope you're okay Little Sparrow. Somehow I know that it's all going to be alright, and we'll be together again one day. He promised me.

Love
Rose

• "he says he knows our family." that's a very curious way of phrasing it. we all know jack and his obsession to the hero bloodline.
  • jack is thin. he may wear a hood, mask, and robe. but without them he would likely be at most average size.
  • to a kid, that mask would definitely be scary. and guess whose voice the letter was written in? a childs.
  • jack wears a hood, scythe doesn't.
  • she "felt safe" around the stranger. jack knew how to sway a crowd. he had the kingdom worshipping him. the arena had him on a pedestal when you met him.
  • "we'll all" (that is, you, your family, and this stranger) "be together soon". bringing the family together, uniting the bloodline.

jack may not be scary to an adult...but the letter was also read in a childs voice. this would absolutely scare a child.
294008-jack_of_blades_super.jpg

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

^^ That looks a bit different from jack of blades i remember from fable..

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;353440 said:
this is the actual letter. verbatum.

• "he says he knows our family." that's a very curious way of phrasing it. we all know jack and his obsession to the hero bloodline.
  • jack is thin. he may wear a hood, mask, and robe. but without them he would likely be at most average size.
  • to a kid, that mask would definitely be scary. and guess whose voice the letter was written in? a childs.
  • jack wears a hood, scythe doesn't.
  • she "felt safe" around the stranger. jack knew how to sway a crowd. he had the kingdom worshipping him. the arena had him on a pedestal when you met him.
  • "we'll all" (that is, you, your family, and this stranger) "be together soon". bringing the family together, uniting the bloodline.

All of this description is about jack, weather the picture looks like him or not. Get used to the drawing, it is all ovr the web now. He just explained the point I was about to make. Thank you for not making me have to point another thing out.
The only two people it could be, would be the only two people with hoods. Jack and Therasa. Since Therasa is a woman, I dont think you would describe her as a king, or refer to him as "he". Face it guys... Unless Lionhead is making up a brand new character... It is Jack of Blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.