• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Me Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Just Me Or...

Is it just me or is anybody else beginning to understand why people totally hate Molyneux? In fact right now the guy deserves the death penalty.

This huge feature, never before seen, set to get released at the GDC... we wait and wait and wait and get teased... info slips and was then posted here on projectego by myself- only to be removed moments later by a a press embargo and a swift email from lionhead studios. The big details finally emerge- this monumenouts feature, this fantastic thing.

And its a ****ing dog. Not just a dog, but the dog. The ****ing dog which we knew about months ago- which everybody knew about months ago. This isnt big news. This is bull****. I see nothing special about- I have a pet on World of Warcraft and the bloody thing is only good for taking aggro. Yeah Molyneuxs is a HUD but I would bet money the thing is an annoying PoS. Id rather be flicking back and forth from a map every five minutes to find my way than rely on a dog controlled by AI- no matter how advanced the fact remains- it is still artificial.

Anybody else at the verge of launching a severely childish temper tantrum at Molyneuxs huge let down and pathetic excuse for an announcement?

--The main reason why this annoys me so much is not the dog itself, but the fact the announcement was touted as revealing a groundbreaking feature, which it didnt do. We knew about the dog and that it was going to some important purpose within the game. The announcement is something which I find to be, nothing close to groundbreaking.

I have already said this but Ill include here as well;
Even if the announcement had been something we hadnt known about being included in the new game I wouldnt have been as annoyed at it all. Its just the entire idea that I waited and waited only to find out that it is the dog, which I knew about for months.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Just Me Or...

I don't really care to be honest. Glad to see molyneux has made you come back to the forums though. Nice to meet you - I'm droded.^_^

F

FableFreak

Now that I think about it you are right. He gets us hyped about this big secret feature, and it turns out to be a damn dog. We knew about it the whole f**king time!!!

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Actually. No we didn't. Contrary to what you say. He didn't say anything about the dog hardly. An Xbox360 magazine (that Steve posted about) wrote the dog off as a rumor. And technically I think they big secret was the fact that the dog helps you in many different ways. I don't know about the rest of you, but..um..that's new news to me.
If you think peter should be given the death penalty then I really don't see why you're on Fable 2 fan site??? Huh. there's no need to swear and get so excited. Makes you look dumb

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah honestly, I see this as a childish rant...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

droded;65986 said:
I don't really care to be honest. Glad to see molyneux has made you come back to the forums though. Nice to meet you - I'm droded.^_^

I know who you are. Just because somebody doesnt post alot doesnt mean they dont visit or read conversations that take place here. Sorry if that sounded rude, Im just stressed at the moment.

Anyway- it kind of sucks to have been waiting for months and months... and months.... on an announcement about this huge revelation of a feature and it turns out to be pretty much the first thing Molyneux ever said about Fable 2.

Correct me if Im wrong but Molyneux said this feature has never been implemented in a game before? Im pretty damn sure he said that because I posted the interview in which he said it- but does WoW have pets that help you? There are tonnesof games out there where can have pets- my god pokemon based its concept on that fact. Big whoop- its your HUD- chances are half the time its going to go as the bird flys and try and take you over mountainous and un-navigatable areas and then just land you in lame situations. It'll end up glitching and running riot and attacking loads of enemies and getting you in crap- resulting death.

There was no news in that interview that any self respecting Fable fan didnt already know.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I agree. You even said your self weirdkid you wanted to throw a tantrum..

Also joking about wanting to kill Peter is not a very good thing. He got real death threats in the mail....

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Relax, now we can stop holding our breaths - we know whats coming so now we can close the wishlist and ideas thread :lol:

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Honestly, Peter just gets really excited about what he does, as far as things that don't make it. It's...Well, natural. He really enjoys what he does and he had trouble keeping his mouth shut in times past...And looking at his track record, I mean, good Lord. Black and White and The Movies are definitely unique, as well as Fable EVEN IF the original didn't have everything that was promised.

And though the dog doesn't sound unique...It is. I don't think anyone has really gotten it down well before. :p

Just my two cents ^_^"

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;65993 said:
Actually. No we didn't. Contrary to what you say. He didn't say anything about the dog hardly. An Xbox360 magazine (that Steve posted about) wrote the dog off as a rumor. And technically I think they big secret was the fact that the dog helps you in many different ways. I don't know about the rest of you, but..um..that's new news to me.
If you think peter should be given the death penalty then I really don't see why you're on Fable 2 fan site??? Huh. there's no need to swear and get so excited. Makes you look dumb

One, if not, the first things he said about the game was that there was going to be a dog. And if you thought was just there for asthetics or to play with when you got bored with the game then you obviously dont read much into anything.

Huh. Just because you have Photoshop doesnt mean you deserve the title resident photoshop artist but you have it anyway. Maybe I dont deserve to be here, same way you dont deserve to be called a photoshop artist, but Im here- deal with it- and right now Im having a childish whinging *****ing moment. If you dont like it, dont post- nobody is making you respond.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

..I hope you're ****ing happy....Whatever...

R

RuneMaster

While I do agree that it was kind of a let down I think we should wait and see what the full capabilities are before we get too angry. Who knows, it might be more fun and innovative than it looks.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Im just so disappointed about all this- its such big let down. Im still going to buy the game, chances are Ill probably love it but right now I hate Molyneux because it just felt like a big lame press scam to draw in new people who werent fans of the original.

I think I owe people an apology, especially Seph, Im going off on one right now, most things I say should be taken with a pinch of salt. Im not gonna blame it something as silly as having a bad night- its just me being a dick at the moment because I didnt get the big ground breaking announcement I wanted. >.<

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Just because you're upset doesn't mean you have to VERBALLY ATTACK ME AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE CRAP.
If you even READ what I said, I SAID we did know about the dog but not what the dog DID.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;66008 said:
Just because you're upset doesn't mean you have to VERBALLY ATTACK ME AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE CRAP.
If you even READ what I said, I SAID we did know about the dog but not what the dog DID.

Yes I know about not having the right to verbally attack you, theres no excuse for it, especially not about something like your PS artwork, but I have a temper- thats no excuse I know but this entire thing is bloody frustrating. Ive been waiting, chomping at the bit- for nothing. I sat until 8am yesterday waiting for this news- because I got the times wrong- but I waited for it because I was so damn eager and it annoys me that it didnt even come close to expectations. It annoys me even more that I had already taken it as a given that there was going to be a dog in this game which served some vital purpose. If it had been an unknown feature I would have flipped and be so hyper happy- but its like, I knew about this, wheres the real news?

J

Jester.

oh my god weridkidinabox is my ****ing hero i totaly agree that was such a let down and we did no about the dog way before and we knew that the dog was gonna be a follower and would most likely die...its really quite gay and I agree pretty much with everything els you've stated

I feel that this was just a huge *** let down it didnt even surprise me when i first read the articles i thought it was just a new confirmed feature but to find out that this is the new zomg feature never done before is nothing but bull**** a damn joke makes peter look like a quack

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Everyone relax... Seriously... It's all over, the moment of truth waas here now its gone. If anything it should be more peaceful, since there are no arguments over what the dog can do...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Im just left feeling like:

"Okay, jokes over, where is the real announcement? Where is this awesome feature we were told would be groundbreaking? The one nobody at Lionhead thought they could implement? The one they almost laughed at Molyneux for suggesting"

Admittedly the death thing may have been a touch too far.

J

Jester.

Yeah but it was a let down is all so yeah were fustrated and shepi just fuled the fire you telling us to calm down wont do much its just got to blow over but you have to admit it was really lame or atleast not quite what was exspected

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Kid, what I recommend you do is go make yourself a drink, and put on your favourite show on TV, or just have a nice relaxing Nap... Come back and post once you've cleared your head.^_^ (You don't even understand how frustrated I get sometimes lol>.<)

Status
Not open for further replies.