• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Me Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jester.

Re: Just Me Or...

Dude I've been hoping, praying, waiting for this game this efen feature for months now and to get this in return I feel i should be able to blow off some steam for I feel like all that waitting didnt pay off so no i wont go watch some tv or whatever mainly because theres nothing good on and i cant get a drink since the fridge is basicly void of all drinks so i belive its time to hold the Anti-Droded meeting at your house to unwind.:lol:

[joke]

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Im officially holding the ****ed at Peter Party at my house- everybodies welcome- free booze to drown our sorrows provided as courtesy. Lol.

Ive calmed the head a bit now, Im still annoyed by it all. Even if the feature had have been lame as hell but totally unknown about until now I wouldnt have been as ****ed off. But the dog... that flipping dog.... when I get Fable 2 Im going to kill it at least once just for some kind of petty silly vengeance. o_O

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I was going to be silly and say "It's just you" But that was sort of my first reaction too.
PM: "The super secret is that you'll have a dog as a companion:
Me: "OK The Dog I know, so what the big news?"
PM: "That's it The dog"
Me: "Ha Ha you're funny. What is it really"
PM: "It's the dog, really"
Me: o_O

Then I remembered what he said in earlier interviews "If I told you what it was you would say 'That is Stupid' but if I showed you it you would understand"
Talk about being bang on.

I think that we will be more than happy once we see it.

On another note PM said that there are three big things and the dog is one of them. He can't talk about the other two because they are still in development. Ha Ha what do you think the chances are that we already know what they are. :lol: My guesses are the "instant save/no redo/real consequences" thing and the one button fighting.

R

RuneMaster

When you think about it, depending on how advanced the dogs AI is it could truly be a revolutionary thing. If he's capable of making me feel for that dog even half as much as I do my real ones it would blow my mind. Remember- emotion is a big thing when it comes to RPGs. I would give some examples but it would take forever:lol:.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

"The first rule is that he knows to never **** you off."
What if the dog just being there p****s you off or the way he does things p***ed you off- your stuck with it. Molyneux has already said you have pretty much no control over the dog- everybody has different temperments and limits, what if the way the dog attacks, or the way his attacks work or who he attacks annoys you, you cant tell it to do different things.

I know I havent seen it implemented but I cant see it being all that good, especially if your lumbered with a dog you dont want the whole way through the game.

B

blue crow

weirdkidinabox;66003 said:
One, if not, the first things he said about the game was that there was going to be a dog. And if you thought was just there for asthetics or to play with when you got bored with the game then you obviously dont read much into anything.

Huh. Just because you have Photoshop doesnt mean you deserve the title resident photoshop artist but you have it anyway. Maybe I dont deserve to be here, same way you dont deserve to be called a photoshop artist, but Im here- deal with it- and right now Im having a childish whinging *****ing moment. If you dont like it, dont post- nobody is making you respond.

Dude whats you problem dont talk to Sephiroxas like that. Do you fell like a man when you yell at a girl? The dog is really cool if you could name it i would name it lassie.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Then treat him like crap.

I mean, good grief. That'll minimize it's importance, right?

If it makes you feel any better, Tycho of Penny Arcade fame seems to hate it more than you do and for a decidedly different reason.

Personally, I like it. Maybe it would be nice for there to be a option not to have one, but I for one will enjoy the game more for this.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;66036 said:
Dude whats you problem dont talk to Sephiroxas like that. Do you fell like a man when you yell at a girl? The dog is really cool if you could name it i would name it lassie.
I should have said that
Anirep.GIF

B

blue crow

Albion Knight;66046 said:
I should have said that
Anirep.GIF

Thanks theres 2 things i cant stand strawberry ice cream and people makeing my freinds fell like dirt. I would never allow someone to diss my freinds they would have to get pass me beafore they say anything.

F

FableFreak

Okay, so where is Andy during all of this? Oh Great Referee in the sky! Where are you? I don't see the point of this senseless arguement. Just let it go...

:getlost:=] :wacko: :unsure: :(

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;66036 said:

blue crow;66047 said:
Thanks theres 2 things i cant stand strawberry ice cream and people makeing my freinds fell like dirt. I would never allow someone to diss my freinds they would have to get pass me beafore they say anything.

:blush: Thank you very much.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

If u really do think about it.. The Dog can be a great addition to Fable 2.. And the Hud may be really good.. i mean its not WoW u dont have a keyboard with 12 million buttons to control it with.. But it can also be horrible with aggro..

and weirdkidinthebox u dont have to flame every1

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Fine ignore the droded...*Hmph*

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

What?...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Stop arguing. It's a game. You should be happy the dog was actually included.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Right, everyone just calm down. I have just read through three pages of arguing, swearing, insulting and general childishness which I am not happy about and have come to expect a lot more from you guys. Sephi and Weirdkid, keep your arguments away from the forums and personal attacks are not welcome here. From either of you. Retaliation is just as bad.

My thanks to Droded for trying to keep the peace and Jester, whether your "anti-Droded" party was a joke or not, it was entirely unnecessary to say.

Any more behaviour like this and I shall be handing out infractions like candy - and the thread will be closed. I do not want to have to do that and you have been warned.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks Angel! ^_^ Now hopefully we can actually discuss instead of argue!:lol:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;66144 said:
CANDY????
Hehe - I give out candy like I give out infractions...which is never :devil:.

The only time I have ever given an infraction is to someone who was banned within the hour...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.