• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Me Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darg

Re: Just Me Or...

droded;66268 said:
Perhaps the addition of the dog will bring a whole new crowd to the game! ^_^

That might just be what Molunex was looking for... I only hope he finds some way to put it in with a bit of style to where you know automatically that it's Fableish (if that makes any sense).

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dog fighting! Instead of the Fist Fighters club, you can have dog fighting...yes, I really am going nowhere with this one...:lol:

D

Darg

Angel;66275 said:
Dog fighting! Instead of the Fist Fighters club, you can have dog fighting...yes, I really am going nowhere with this one...:lol:

I could actually see that, Angel. Somewhere in the dark slums of some city (even good ol' Bowerstone) gangs and random people bet on dog fights. It could be just another way to get money.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I just thought it could be an evil path to follow with your rabid mongrel thingy...could bulk up your dog or something...then as you say, make money.

Could be a new pub game - go to the friendly fellow by the window for some blackjack if you're good or go to the shifty looking character in the darkened corner and whisper about the next fight before handing over a grubby purse of gold if you're evil...

Z

Zebulun

Well, several articles have said that the dog would be playable in some minigames... what you're suggesting is very possible.

Too, when it says "playable" does that mean that you actually control it??? Who knows...

V

Varc

droded;66263 said:
Hurray more discussion! ^_^

Oh yeah, its always gotta be peace and love for me:p

It seems like everyone is on edge due to the lack of information, then the information we do get is pretty lackluster. But I'd say this is because of the heavy flow of information that came in about the original Fable, and now it seems as if we are picking at the bones for information. Atleast this time we can be assured that the information we do receive regarding this edition will undoubtably have a role in the final product, otherwise we wouldn't have heard it. So, besides the announcement of the dog, remember what had originally got you excited about the game, because we only have more information to come in what looks like another year.

And if you ask me I think it will be a great addition to the game. I think loosing the HUD will bring a more realistic feal to the game.

Z

Zebulun

I agree, Varc. I think Molyneux learned his lesson from last time.

Several things were exciting though. I'm really stoked to hear about the size of the world, how your actions can affect the environment over time, and how you can buy every piece of real estate in the game. Some pretty cool stuff...

V

Varc

I think it was the IGN article that said not only can you become king, once becoming the king you can make every whim LAW. That's definatly what I'm looking forward to most.

Z

Zebulun

Yeah, I'm with you. Although, part of me wonders if that's just exagerration from the writer of the article.

V

Varc

I'd agree, I'd say it'd be hard to make say running illegal, if not impossible. However, knowing that you'll be able to pass laws of some sort in the game is good enough for me.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I reckon you should be able to go hunting, with your dawg and all..

V

Varc

I wouldn't doubt it, Molyneux did say that you wouldn't have to feed your dog, it was able to get its own food. "He's a lot better a catching a rabit than you are." I think is what he said.

P

penarow

i personally like the idea of a dog, even though i already knew about it like the rest of you. i think it would be pretty cool if you could pick different types of animals though. what do you think?

V

Varc

Definatly. Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to due to the apperant amount of work Lionhead has already put into the animations of the dog.

B

blue crow

Sephiroxas;66064 said:
:blush: Thank you very much.

Np your my freind i couldent just let him walk all over you. I wouldent have been a good freind if i did that. I know that you would have done the same thing for me.

J

Jester.

Albion Knight;66027 said:
I was going to be silly and say "It's just you" But that was sort of my first reaction too.
PM: "The super secret is that you'll have a dog as a companion:
Me: "OK The Dog I know, so what the big news?"
PM: "That's it The dog"
Me: "Ha Ha you're funny. What is it really"
PM: "It's the dog, really"
Me: o_O

Then I remembered what he said in earlier interviews "If I told you what it was you would say 'That is Stupid' but if I showed you it you would understand"
Talk about being bang on.

I think that we will be more than happy once we see it.

On another note PM said that there are three big things and the dog is one of them. He can't talk about the other two because they are still in development. Ha Ha what do you think the chances are that we already know what they are. :lol: My guesses are the "instant save/no redo/real consequences" thing and the one button fighting.
you think as i do

blue crow;66047 said:
Thanks theres 2 things i cant stand strawberry ice cream and people makeing my freinds fell like dirt. I would never allow someone to diss my freinds they would have to get pass me beafore they say anything.
heheh

Angel;66131 said:
Right, everyone just calm down. I have just read through three pages of arguing, swearing, insulting and general childishness which I am not happy about and have come to expect a lot more from you guys. Sephi and Weirdkid, keep your arguments away from the forums and personal attacks are not welcome here. From either of you. Retaliation is just as bad.

My thanks to Droded for trying to keep the peace and Jester, whether your "anti-Droded" party was a joke or not, it was entirely unnecessary to say.

Any more behaviour like this and I shall be handing out infractions like candy - and the thread will be closed. I do not want to have to do that and you have been warned.
it was an inside joke :( like in that ghost recon thread but once again my humor is lost in the internet, I apologize to angel droded or any one els i offended or bored

cometojames;66233 said:
FAble 2 looks ****ing fantastic. HAVE YOU SEEN THE GAME PLAY FOOTAGE. now that makes you go mad and really want it. i am already in love with the dog that was showen. and have you seen how fun it looks. the big city wowwwww so you can be gumpy and say oo its a ****ing dog well screw you becuase i thing its the best idead any one has come up with. :)
amazing how no one lashes at you for your [FONT=&quot]opinion[/FONT]....

I never hated the idea of the dog, I think that its quite cool and weill be a great addition to fable however I still strongly belive it was a lame mega surprise thingy mecbober...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Wow what a large post... Anyway, I am generally liking the dog's features, apart from the minimap part.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I love the no minimap thing I want to be focused on the game not all that crap on the screen. perhaps if really wanted your character could pull a map out of her pocket and check it out. If they do that I would like to see the character actually pull out the map and then have the camera change focus to the map.

R

RuneMaster

Albion Knight;66425 said:
I love the no minimap thing I want to be focused on the game not all that crap on the screen. perhaps if really wanted your character could pull a map out of her pocket and check it out. If they do that I would like to see the character actually pull out the map and then have the camera change focus to the map.

Yeah, that would be alot cooler IMO. Not clottering the screen with a HUD is sounding better all the time to me.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Oh he said in a video what the other two things are one is having a baby and the other is how people react to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.