• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Me Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dark_hart

Re: Just Me Or...

Orpheus Lupus;67154 said:
Considering my own dogs, if I had to feed and take care of the Fable 2 dog to any sort of uber-realistic degree I would start sending Peter death threats. And so would my dogs. And my cats. And the squirrels. THINK ABOUT THE SQUIRRELS!

yeah PM you really don't want to mess the them squirrels:lol:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I just hope that the dog doesn't discover things before you do. I'm confident that it won't because you had to get pretty close the the spot where the ball was before it started digging. Might not have been far enough however. I don't want to walk through a region once and discover everything that's there. That would be like playing with someone who has beaten the game several times and them saying
"OK just up the path you'll find a secret chest and further along there something buried" Or
"OK now there are some bandits setting up and ambush for you just ahead. Don't forget to check behind the collection of boulders for a dig spot"
I would be ****ed!

Orpheus Lupus;67154 said:
Considering my own dogs, if I had to feed and take care of the Fable 2 dog to any sort of uber-realistic degree I would start sending Peter death threats. And so would my dogs. And my cats. And the squirrels. THINK ABOUT THE SQUIRRELS!

They did say that the dog hates chickens and cats

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm certain the dog will put a priority on his and foremost your saftey before digging for the toy.

J

Jester.

Tsuyu;67164 said:
I'm certain the dog will put a priority on his and foremost your saftey before digging for the toy.
be funny if he didnt...

T

themagican

Well. The Dog not being unique, lol, do u know how unique it is? I mean com'on no game have had such a good artficial AI in the past in a pet. An other thing is that the Dogs are a major part of the game, NO OTHER GAMES HAVE HAD AN PET THIS GOOD!!! But yeah, we have all known about the dog and i am VERY ANGRY about that, but i am, it seems, a bit more calm than you... That was all...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;67164 said:

I'm not worried about my safety I just don't want the dog to find everything for me.

O

Oni_Azif

well after reading evrything on this little doggie what i got from it is you can dismiss your pup and force him to stay anywhere thus rendering you alone to wander the wide world of Albion.
i love the idea of a dog helping sniff out enemys maybe bark towards secret paths,etc as long as its not to forceful
rest asured i will kill the dag a few time for the fun of it

V

Vegeta

I read about 4 pages of this and I agree with: Weirdkidinabox,Tsuyu,Varc, and darg on everything.

I friggin hate the dog news... or maybe not news but "Olds"...

Im looking forward to the other 2 features though.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Where did it say you can dismiss your dog or are you assuming that will be the case? If your assuming, I really hope your right. For some reason I can see the dog being fun for a while but becoming really frigging annoying.

V

Vegeta

I agree I mean if it follows you every where... well that would suck lol

B

blue crow

Vegeta;67798 said:
I agree I mean if it follows you every where... well that would suck lol

Not really think of the dog as a decoy. Pretend your in a fight and you know your goona lose get your dog to distract him and run for the hills. But make sure those hills dont have eyes are your goona have a long day.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;67805 said:
Not really think of the dog as a decoy. Pretend your in a fight and you know your goona lose get your dog to distract him and run for the hills. But make sure those hills dont have eyes are your goona have a long day.

Since you cant control your dog directly how do you propose you tell your dog to run to the hills?

If Fable 2 has the same difficulty standard as Fable 1 the dog will make it way too easy and as such make the gameplay boring, if it does everything for you, like search out stuff and all that- attacking lets see... repedative possibly, use the dog, let it take the aggro from mobs and stand back and shoot them with your gun. Too easy.

B

blue crow

weirdkidinabox;67819 said:
Since you cant control your dog directly how do you propose you tell your dog to run to the hills?

If Fable 2 has the same difficulty standard as Fable 1 the dog will make it way too easy and as such make the gameplay boring, if it does everything for you, like search out stuff and all that- attacking lets see... repedative possibly, use the dog, let it take the aggro from mobs and stand back and shoot them with your gun. Too easy.

Lol you got it wrong my freind use your dog as a caine sheild then you as the player run for the hills.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;67819 said:

I doubt it - if you watched the "30 mins"-video you'll notice that the dog pretty much gets his butt handed to him by two or three Hobbes.

As I've said, the dog can't die, but I think it will drop down unconcious after taking some damage and the enemies will now focus on you instead. This is of course, just me speculating.

This, and that it can't take a beating all too good makes me belive it won't be that easy.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Crow; oops ^.^

Tsuya, I know the dog got ganked big time but do you think it will be that easily hammered in the game? Afterall it was only a test level, though the dog did seem pretty complete.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;67840 said:
Tsuya, I know the dog got ganked big time but do you think it will be that easily hammered in the game? Afterall it was only a test level, though the dog did seem pretty complete.

Granted that the dog seems to be a big feature that they started creating early and are spending alot of time on I have to say I don't think they are near completetion with the doggie.

However, I still don't think they'll turn it into a uber tank - most of the abilities like tracking, playing and fighting seems pretty much done. I'd figure they are working more on the general AI and perhaps how it will change - as far as I know, there is only one breed we've seen so far.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;67845 said:
Granted that the dog seems to be a big feature that they started creating early and are spending alot of time on I have to say I don't think they are near completetion with the doggie.

However, I still don't think they'll turn it into a uber tank - most of the abilities like tracking, playing and fighting seems pretty much done. I'd figure they are working more on the general AI and perhaps how it will change - as far as I know, there is only one breed we've seen so far.

Well I wouldnt think it would be an uber tank, more of a support class thing maybe, but a bit more strength is always a possibility- brings in the point that we may be able to level the dog or improve certain abilities allowing us to make the dog more suited to what we actually need it for.

I could have sworn that in one video I watched the dog started off as one breed, then changed slightly, shorter hair and different shaped nose after about 30 seconds... though I was tired when I watched it so maybe twas just my eyes. Molyneux has said the dog will change and morph though, whichis a good thing, I guess.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'd like a Chihuahua or a Shih Tzu... Or I'd like a Pug, just like my real life dog! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.