• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Me Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Just Me Or...

I apologised, way back on page one, but some people wouldnt let it drop and they just have to stick their noses in when in things were starting to calm down and people were actually being rational. I could sit here and insult various other people in this thread, in fact I would love to right now because there are those who get on my nerves but Im not going to. Its a waste of my time.

People are totally taking me up wrong on various aspects of this- its not that I absolutely hate the dog or the inclusion of the dog or even the idea of the dog as the HUD, its interesting and kind of innovative, if people read most of my posts they would know that. What annoyed me most is that I waited for a big announcement and in turned out to be the dog that I already knew about from ages ago. All it was, was confirmation of an already widely known about feature. Just feels like Molyneux screwed fans who keep constant tabs on the game out of an announcement which many were hoping, and were told, was going to be groundbreaking. The reason why I am so ****ed is because I dont see the announcement as the groundbreaking concept which we were told it would be.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

It wasn't widely known, it was just a rumour before.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

droded;66156 said:
It wasn't widely known, it was just a rumour before.

Anybody with an interest in the game pretty much knew about the dog ages ago dude- would widely known about in the fan community appease you or sound more appropriate? I think alot of people had taken it as a given there would be a dog or some kind of pet incorporated into the game- yeah it acting as your HUD was kind of new but it just wasnt the groundbreaking news I had hoped for.

D

Darg

weirdkidinabox;66155 said:
I apologised, way back on page one, but some people wouldnt let it drop and they just have to stick their noses in when in things were starting to calm down and people were actually being rational. I could sit here and insult various other people in this thread, in fact I would love to right now because there are those who get on my nerves but Im not going to. Its a waste of my time.

People are totally taking me up wrong on various aspects of this- its not that I absolutely hate the dog or the inclusion of the dog or even the idea of the dog as the HUD, its interesting and kind of innovative, if people read most of my posts they would know that. What annoyed me most is that I waited for a big announcement and in turned out to be the dog that I already knew about from ages ago. All it was, was confirmation of an already widely known about feature. Just feels like Molyneux screwed fans who keep constant tabs on the game out of an announcement which many were hoping, and were told, was going to be groundbreaking. The reason why I am so ****ed is because I dont see the announcement as the groundbreaking concept which we were told it would be.

Strangely enough, I actually kind of agree with you. I recognize that you apologized earlier, though I'm sorry others did not. Either way, I thought from the very start when I was hearing rumors about this dog thing that it would be an unnecessary burden in the gameworld. I still think that. While this may or may not be true, I think with the whole thing of it not leaving you entirely but wandering around and exploring on its own a little might leave you to do whatever you want without a dog for a bit. Who knows? Maybe you can keep it in town if you want and go adventuring with an actual map while he's gone. Just a few ideas.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

What you guys seem to forget in all of this is what we do know other than the mutt - guns! Guns and pirates! And just about everything else we know about Fable II other than the silly mutt.

So what, the big secret feature was a big let-down, let us all not focus on that too much. Guns and all the other stuff, for one being able to play as a female character, will still be nice features.

This "big feature" won't be all there is to Fable II - keep that in mind.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Well. Okay. If anyone hasn't noticed, I really haven't been arguing at all in this thread Aside from the first thing I said. No PM's to weirdkid from me, nor did I continue the argument. After he apologized I began to calm down just fine. I said a total of three posts, that had any significance, and then I left the thread completely. :unsure:

Peter even said himself "If I told you what the secret was, you'd think it's stupid" so he did warn everybody. I just don't think it's cool to say Peter should be given the death penalty. Especially when He got so many REAL death threats in the mail because of the first game.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak;66050 said:
Okay, so where is Andy during all of this? Oh Great Referee in the sky! Where are you? I don't see the point of this senseless arguement. Just let it go...

:getlost:=] :wacko: :unsure: :(

It was early in the morning here i was asleep and then at work until now ;)

Tsuyu;66166 said:
What you guys seem to forget in all of this is what we do know other than the mutt - guns! Guns and pirates! And just about everything else we know about Fable II other than the silly mutt.

So what, the big secret feature was a big let-down, let us all not focus on that too much. Guns and all the other stuff, for one being able to play as a female character, will still be nice features.

Very good point Tsuyu, although most of us more or less knew the dog would be in the game we did not know to what extent or how we could use it. Or the fact the dog would act like our HUD and map so keep that in mind. Next time you feel like going on a rant Weirdkid keep it toned down, dont attack members or joke about people needing the death penalty as no matter what it has no place on the boards no matter how annoyed you are and excessive cursing and such doesn't get your points across any better as this could have been a civilized thread explaining your thoughts.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;66173 said:
It was early in the morning here i was asleep and then at work until now ;)
Very good point Tsuyu, although most of us more or less knew the dog would be in the game we did not know to what extent or how we could use it. Or the fact the dog would act like our HUD and map so keep that in mind. Next time you feel like going on a rant Weirdkid keep it toned down, dont attack members or joke about people needing the death penalty as no matter what it has no place on the boards no matter how annoyed you are and excessive cursing and such doesn't get your points across any better as this could have been a civilized thread explaining your thoughts.

I agree. and I even said that before. even though we KNEW about the dog, we didn't really know the types of things he did.
I think though, that he has more surprises in store. And that he's still not trying to say too much for fear of spoiling anything

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, at the end of the day those of you in the wrong know who you are and I shall leave it at that. I read all apologies but what I said still needed saying and I will stand by that.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;66194 said:
Well, at the end of the day those of you in the wrong know who you are and I shall leave it at that. I read all apologies but what I said still needed saying and I will stand by that.

Perfectly fine. You are the admin after all. You get a giant rock solid wall around everything you say.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

If that is sarcasm, then it is unfounded and I would prefer it if you air your grievances towards me in a private message, Sephiroxas.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;66207 said:
If that is sarcasm, then it is unfounded and I would prefer it if you air your grievances towards me in a private message, Sephiroxas.

No..no sarcasm :'( I swear on my life. What you say goes. That's just how it is. I didn't mean to make it sound like sarcasm.

C

cometojames

FAble 2 looks ****ing fantastic. HAVE YOU SEEN THE GAME PLAY FOOTAGE. now that makes you go mad and really want it. i am already in love with the dog that was showen. and have you seen how fun it looks. the big city wowwwww so you can be gumpy and say oo its a ****ing dog well screw you becuase i thing its the best idead any one has come up with. :)

D

Darg

Tsuyu;66166 said:

Very well said Tsuyu :thumbsup: I was just thinking the same thing. It's not like we can all of a sudden say "I'm going to fricking hate this game because of the stupid dog". Who knows, when we all play it for the first time, even Weirdkid may find that he enjoys it more than he originally thought. But even if it isn't the most amazing thing you've ever seen, then what else Fable 2 has in store will wow us and probably cause us to drool at how awesome it is... well maybe not that dramatic, but still- it's going to be good.

V

Varc

I can't remember the quote exactly, however in one of the video's on gamespot.com he said that this was only the first of 3 surprises. So for those disappointed with the announcement of the dog, just think, the other two could be ten times more exciting.

D

Darg

Varc;66258 said:
I can't remember the quote exactly, however in one of the video's on gamespot.com he said that this was only the first of 3 surprises. So for those disappointed with the announcement of the dog, just think, the other two could be ten times more exciting.

I think I heard that somewhere as well. Whatever it is, I don't think Molunex will let us down just yet. Fable 2 has more things in store, and just because he announced mainly about the dog, does not at all mean the whole thing is going to be about the dog. Whatever surprises he has up his sleeve next, I can bet they'll be quite... well, surprising obviously, but don't let this issue about the dog let anyone change their mind about Fable. After all, why did we all come here in the first place?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Hurray more discussion! ^_^

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Heh yes droded. More discussion. ^_^

D

Darg

About the whole dog issue, I can understand for alot of people it's kind of a let-down, but for many others it's a godsend. But even if what you already know about the feature tells you it's not going to be good, you'll never really know until you play it and experience what it's really like.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Perhaps the addition of the dog will bring a whole new crowd to the game! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.