• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kill Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Doom

Reaction score
Re: Kill Children

Your spamming Necro, you know that has nothing to do with this.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I'm not even going to try with this guy anymore, it's a lost cause.

Wasbored

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;341339 said:
I would get offended too. It just seems that most people on this topic are sickos...

sickos for wanting to kill pixels.... hmmmm i find your logic strange :unsure:

Wasbored

Reaction score

and waaaaiiitt a minute.... didnt lucien shoot your sister and you in fable2.. why can you as a child be killed... er attempted to be killed... my grammer sucks.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I'm not going to bother reading all the posts, as the thread seems to be quite derailed and the original question has probably been answered, but I'l answer it anyway.

Having the ability to kill children automaticly gets a game an "adults only" rating (thats higher than "mature"). Most stores wont even carry a game with that rating and sales would drasticly suffer. This is why the majority of game designers make sure their game content is never enough to get past a mature rating.

This is definetly not the only reason designers don't make adults only games, but it is a major reason.

As for your sister dying in Fable 2, that cutscene was very non-graphic, and she could probably pass for a "young adult" if anybody tryed to make a big fuss about it. Also, I think the main taboo about killing children is giving the player the ability to kill them.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;341668 said:
I'm not going to bother reading all the posts, as the thread seems to be quite derailed and the original question has probably been answered, but I'l answer it anyway.

Having the ability to kill children automaticly gets a game an "adults only" rating (thats higher than "mature"). Most stores wont even carry a game with that rating and sales would drasticly suffer. This is why the majority of game designers make sure their game content is never enough to get past a mature rating.

This is definetly not the only reason designers don't make adults only games, but it is a major reason.

As for your sister dying in Fable 2, that cutscene was very non-graphic, and she could probably pass for a "young adult" if anybody tryed to make a big fuss about it. Also, I think the main taboo about killing children is giving the player the ability to kill them.

Very logical response, +rep for being on topic.

And GTA: San Andreas was, last year, raised to Adult-Only Rating (you have to be 21+ to buy these games.) I believe there are seven total games with this rating, one of them being Playboy Mansion.

N0L1MB5

Ninja elder #3
Reaction score

killing children is wrong and sick ... peter m. will never allow child killing in any of his games... they will always be in god mode... and there really is no point in killing children... thats my opinion.

Wasbored

Reaction score

N0L1MB5;341730 said:
killing children is wrong and sick ... peter m. will never allow child killing in any of his games... they will always be in god mode... and there really is no point in killing children... thats my opinion.

but its pixels.... just a smaller collection of pixels then the bigger collection of pixels... >_>

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Wasbored;341732 said:
but its pixels.... just a smaller collection of pixels then the bigger collection of pixels... >_>

Yes, and real kids are just a smaller collection of cells than adults. That's not the point.

Just because something is fictional, that doesn't mean it's appropriate to do some things. For the same reason the player can't rape someone, you can't kill kids. It's taboo.

Wasbored

Reaction score

Walker;341770 said:
Yes, and real kids are just a smaller collection of cells than adults. That's not the point.

Just because something is fictional, that doesn't mean it's appropriate to do some things. For the same reason the player can't rape someone, you can't kill kids. It's taboo.

damn you beat me... i really dont care about it. i could care less about fable in general anymore.. it will never be like fable 1 again :(

N0L1MB5

Ninja elder #3
Reaction score

^maybe not but it could be epicly better than the original, granted fable 2 wasent but theres going to be what 4-5 of them maybe more, with how things are going it will be a much greater game then the original...

but back on topic;
killing children is moraly wrong even if its a video game, the way you play a game represents alot about yourself. if you want to kill children then i think you gots a few mental problems.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Children in all games are safe - at least for consoles!
Just like Rockstar won't add airplanes for GTA IV, developers will keep the kids safe.

Wasbored

Reaction score

N0L1MB5;341864 said:
^maybe not but it could be epicly better than the original, granted fable 2 wasent but theres going to be what 4-5 of them maybe more, with how things are going it will be a much greater game then the original...

but back on topic;
killing children is moraly wrong even if its a video game, the way you play a game represents alot about yourself. if you want to kill children then i think you gots a few mental problems.

so is killing an adult but it lets us do it anyway... in my mind.. killing is killing no matter what your killing but people see somthing like that and they go ape**** crazy cause zomg you killed a kid. no one goes ape**** crazy when you kill and adult tho its just meh,happens. its just how i look at it.. same thing when people were calling RE5 racist it was just dumb. im getting off topic now so ill just stop ranting and end this post...

maddog

Reaction score

YEA WHY DON'T THEY PUT IT DOWN THAT CAN KILL KIDS AND CAUSE THE FABLE GAMES CANCELLED THAT BE ALL GOOD BUT WAIT THAT IS REALLY FREAKIN STUPID TO LET THE KIDS GET KILL BY YOU OR WHATEVER ALSO DUMB QUESTION TO ASK OH ONE THING IF YOU WAS A KID AND HOW YOU FEEL BY HAVING YOUR PARENT KILL YOU SO THINK OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Please, caps lock off.

Wasbored

Reaction score

maddog;341874 said:
YEA WHY DON'T THEY PUT IT DOWN THAT CAN KILL KIDS AND CAUSE THE FABLE GAMES CANCELLED THAT BE ALL GOOD BUT WAIT THAT IS REALLY FREAKIN STUPID TO LET THE KIDS GET KILL BY YOU OR WHATEVER ALSO DUMB QUESTION TO ASK OH ONE THING IF YOU WAS A KID AND HOW YOU FEEL BY HAVING YOUR PARENT KILL YOU SO THINK OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

wow whatever happened to capslock and grammer?

GaEv

Reaction score

maddog;341874 said:

Please stop abusing the English language.

Cain

Reaction score

This is getting ridiculous so I am going to end it.

Killing kids will never be accepted. end of story

why?

because they can't defend themselves. They are innocent little children who will burst into tears if you point a weapons at them and if you want to harm a child in any form then you are a sadistic freak with no morals.

Thats why its not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.