• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady Grey return

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Lady Grey return

Walker;416714 said:
Nobody confirmed her to be an "enchantress." That isn't even a thing in the Fable universe so far as I can tell.

People who hunt witches are not well-known for being good at finding actual witches. Possibly they're better at it in Fable-world, but considering that they hunted both Heroes and Lady Gray, my guess would be they aren't.

Go play the game again.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;416704 said:
Go back and play the game. She is confirmed to be an enchantress/seductress (not that the second would help much) and was accused of being a witch and therefore killed off. However, now that she's Undead, the only thing that could kill her is another group of people who would then have to do more than just dismember her to prevent her coming back again.
She was killed because they thought she was a witch, it was never actually proven if she was a witch or if she was just an evil woman who wanted power.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

xzxzxz70;416728 said:
She was killed because they thought she was a witch, it was never actually proven if she was a witch or if she was just an evil woman who wanted power.

Derp.

You guys need to go back and play the game. It's obvious your memories are much worse than my own.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

^Actually it would seem you need to go back and play the game, you have not given a good argument as to why you think Lady Grey is a witch, only that we need to go back and play the game, it was never proven that she was a witch or if she had any powers, she was only killed because people thought she was a witch.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

She’s in the castle; stuffed by a taxidermist, a statue to remind the world that true evil once existed!

(joke!)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

GrimWhim;416778 said:
Derp.

You guys need to go back and play the game. It's obvious your memories are much worse than my own.

Look, nothing ever said that she was a witch aside from people who hunted witches, who are confirmed to be idiots nine times out of ten. (That's a great little statistic that I just pulled out my ass.)

EDIT:
The I'm-Sure-It's-Reliable Fable Wiki said:
In one of the loading screens, it reveals that Lady Grey was convicted of being a witch, murdered by an angry mob, dismembered, and had her body parts spread across Albion. Her head was placed in a tomb she had named after herself for when she died, her lower body was placed in cave in Rookridge (the Hobbe Cave), and her upper body was deposited next to Twinblade's coffin in his tomb. There are no records of this happening in Fable or The Lost Chapters (during which the player can reveal her secret and run her out of Bowerstone and become mayor), however if the events of the Hero becoming mayor are accurate, this most likely happened in the other town that Lady Grey fled to, some time after she left Bowerstone (Fable) for good.

Note that it says "convicted." It does not say "was" a witch. As I recall, this is in fact true to the game. The only witch-like-people ever mentioned were the woman who "Cured" shroom-kid in Bowerstone during TLC, possibly the grandmother of whatsisname who you rescue from the nymph in the Hobbe cave just before Witchwood (EDIT: I mean Darkwood. Not Witchwood, Darkwood.), and the Witchspotters hunting of heroes and anyone who looked scary.

Skorm's Boss;416790 said:
She’s in the castle; stuffed by a taxidermist, a statue to remind the world that true evil once existed!

(joke!)

I think I'm traumatized, milady. The very thought make me shrivel in terror. The only thing that can cure me is the loan of a flying monkey. NOW, witch.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Walker;416821 said:
I think I'm traumatized, milady. The very thought make me shrivel in terror. The only thing that can cure me is the loan of a flying monkey. NOW, witch.

flying monkeys are on route!:lol:

GrimWhim

Reaction score

If you refuse to play the game again you only admit that I'm right. Also, I never claimed she was a witch but it was suspected that she may have been one so there has to be some truth to that. Regardless, there's nothing stopping her from learning magic and the fact that she's undead doesn't change that she can now live forever provided she isn't set on fire or dismembered again.

Cain

Reaction score

GrimWhim;417108 said:
If you refuse to play the game again you only admit that I'm right. Also, I never claimed she was a witch but it was suspected that she may have been one so there has to be some truth to that. Regardless, there's nothing stopping her from learning magic and the fact that she's undead doesn't change that she can now live forever provided she isn't set on fire or dismembered again.

Only heroes can learn magic/will spells and she was not of heroic bloodline. Just because she was suspected to be a witch dosen't mean she was one. Did you ever think she seduced men so easily that others thought it couldn't possibly be done without ungodly help? Its a well known fact that witch hunters were never that good at their job.

Also lady grey could be the hero of bowerstones wife, and so unless your into incest and necrophillia , I don't think she will return. i'm not saying she was the hero's wife, but there is a possibility she was.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

White Knight;417111 said:
Only heroes can learn magic/will spells and she was not of heroic bloodline. Just because she was suspected to be a witch dosen't mean she was one. Did you ever think she seduced men so easily that others thought it couldn't possibly be done without ungodly help?

Also lady grey could be the hero of bowerstones wife, and so unless your into incest and necrophillia , I don't think she will return. i'm not saying she was the hero's wife, but there is a possibility she was.

Uh, no. There have been several enemies who did not have a heroic bloodline who still managed to use magic. For example, the Commandant from Fable II. No heroic blood in him yet he was able to use Force Push, a spell that shot spikes up from the ground and so on and so forth. Nobody gets labeled anything without some sort of reasoning behind it so like I said, there might (read the bolded part carefully since I know some people have a hard time reading and paying attention) have been some truth to her being a witch.

Good thing I'm into both and so much more, huh? Lady Grey has been in both Fable games and you've had the option of marrying her in each one. It would make sense to keep her as one of the few characters who returns in every game.

Cain

Reaction score

GrimWhim;417115 said:
Uh, no. There have been several enemies who did not have a heroic bloodline who still managed to use magic. For example, the Commandant from Fable II. No heroic blood in him yet he was able to use Force Push, a spell that shot spikes up from the ground and so on and so forth. Nobody gets labeled anything without some sort of reasoning behind it so like I said, there might (read the bolded part carefully since I know some people have a hard time reading and paying attention) have been some truth to her being a witch.

Good thing I'm into both and so much more, huh? Lady Grey has been in both Fable games and you've had the option of marrying her in each one. It would make sense to keep her as one of the few characters who returns in every game.

Uh, no. The commandant was created by lucien, or was at least experimented on by him so hes an exception. And where was it said he wasn't a hero. For all you know he could've been a hero. The four in fable II weren't the only heroes in the world.

And Witchfinders totured people into telling them they were witches. Also:

(read the bolded part carefully since I know some people have a hard time reading and paying attention)

I could say the same about you. We have presented evidence to you, yet you still say she was a witch, because apparently labeling is never done without good reason. I am not going to start telling you what is wrong with that.

And your comment on incest and necrophillia wasn't funny, if thats what I you were trying to be. I shouldn't have mentioned those in the first place, and I apologize, as there are younger members on here.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

White Knight;417127 said:
Uh, no. The commandant was created by lucien, or was at least experimented on by him so hes an exception. And where was it said he wasn't a hero. For all you know he could've been a hero. The four in fable II weren't the only heroes in the world.

And Witchfinders totured people into telling them they were witches. Also:

(read the bolded part carefully since I know some people have a hard time reading and paying attention)

I could say the same about you. We have presented evidence to you, yet you still say she was a witch, because apparently labeling is never done without good reason. I am not going to start telling you what is wrong with that.

And your comment on incest and necrophillia wasn't funny, if thats what I you were trying to be. I shouldn't have mentioned those in the first place, and I apologize, as there are younger members on here.

Lucien wasn't a hero either but for all you know, Lady Grey could have been a hero. See how that logic works? Sucks, doesn't it?

Really? Where did it say that? You show me what item, book, etc. in the game that says they did and I'll stop arguing with you completely.

You haven't presented ANY evidence about anything. You just keep claiming she is a witch and that I'm claiming she is a witch which I'm NOT doing, I'm simply stating it's a very plausible possibility. You really should pull your head out of your ass so you can properly see what I'm posting rather than making these groundless assumptions.

Uh, okay? Like I care. If it humors me then I'll make the joke.

Cain

Reaction score

GrimWhim;417143 said:
Lucien wasn't a hero either but for all you know, Lady Grey could have been a hero. See how that logic works? Sucks, doesn't it?

Really? Where did it say that? You show me what item, book, etc. in the game that says they did and I'll stop arguing with you completely.

You haven't presented ANY evidence about anything. You just keep claiming she is a witch and that I'm claiming she is a witch which I'm NOT doing, I'm simply stating it's a very plausible possibility. You really should pull your head out of your ass so you can properly see what I'm posting rather than making these groundless assumptions.

Uh, okay? Like I care. If it humors me then I'll make the joke.

Not in the game, they tortured people in real life. My fault sorry.

You said she might be a witch yes. But there is no evidence to prove this. She dosen't use will powers once in the games. What does lucien have to do with any of this?

I am going to stop now. We are both being jerks and we are derailing the thread with our argument.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

White Knight;417176 said:
Not in the game, they tortured people in real life. My fault sorry.

You said she might be a witch yes. But there is no evidence to prove this. She dosen't use will powers once in the games. What does lucien have to do with any of this?

I am going to stop now. We are both being jerks and we are derailing the thread with our argument.

Real life =/= video games. Try to keep them separate.

Does she need to? No.

You said that only heroes can use will. I said that neither Lucien nor the Commandant were heroes. Now, since Lionhead hasn't given us much to go on lore-wise with how heroes are made, I can only assume that you can't just make a hero but Lucien did make the Commandant. So this leads me to believe that anyone can use Will powers without the need to have heroic blood in them.

Which means that Lady Grey could either be a hero or be capable of using magic or both. Using your logic anyways.

However, neither of us are derailing this thread because we're still discussing Lady Grey which is what this topic is about.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;417182 said:
Real life =/= video games. Try to keep them separate.

Does she need to? No.

You said that only heroes can use will. I said that neither Lucien nor the Commandant were heroes. Now, since Lionhead hasn't given us much to go on lore-wise with how heroes are made, I can only assume that you can't just make a hero but Lucien did make the Commandant. So this leads me to believe that anyone can use Will powers without the need to have heroic blood in them.

Which means that Lady Grey could either be a hero or be capable of using magic or both. Using your logic anyways.

However, neither of us are derailing this thread because we're still discussing Lady Grey which is what this topic is about.
Lucien put pieces of the spire in the commandants, and that is where they got thier Will powrs from. I assume Lucien did something similar to gain his Will powers.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

xzxzxz70;417184 said:
Lucien put pieces of the spire in the commandants, and that is where they got thier Will powrs from. I assume Lucien did something similar to gain his Will powers.

I don't remember them saying they got their Will powers from the shards but I may have missed that.

Lucien didn't alter his appearance at all from when you first meet him to when you meet him during the whole "prison" level (aging effects aside). If he had placed a shard within himself I think it would have shown somewhere.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;417186 said:
I don't remember them saying they got their Will powers from the shards but I may have missed that.

Lucien didn't alter his appearance at all from when you first meet him to when you meet him during the whole "prison" level (aging effects aside). If he had placed a shard within himself I think it would have shown somewhere.
I can't remember who says it, but if you look at their heads when they don't have a hat on you can see a bucnh of little shards sticking out of their skull.

You are right, I think that if Lucien did have a shard in him it would have shown more, but it is the only thing I can think of that would explain his Will powers.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

xzxzxz70;417210 said:
I can't remember who says it, but if you look at their heads when they don't have a hat on you can see a bucnh of little shards sticking out of their skull.

You are right, I think that if Lucien did have a shard in him it would have shown more, but it is the only thing I can think of that would explain his Will powers.

I know they have shards sticking out of them but was it ever actually stated this is where they got their powers from?

I have no idea either but like I said, I don't think you need to be a hero to use Will powers.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;417216 said:
I know they have shards sticking out of them but was it ever actually stated this is where they got their powers from?

I have no idea either but like I said, I don't think you need to be a hero to use Will powers.
Yeah, I remember it being said in the game that the shards allow them to be able to use Will.

The only way to be able to use Will is it be a Hero, but there are other ways to harness the powers of Will. A good example of this is Lucien and his commandants.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

xzxzxz70;417246 said:
Yeah, I remember it being said in the game that the shards allow them to be able to use Will.

The only way to be able to use Will is it be a Hero, but there are other ways to harness the powers of Will. A good example of this is Lucien and his commandants.

I'm playing through the game again so I'm sure I'll come across that eventually.

You do realize that "using" and "harnessing" are the same thing, right? After all, hobbes aren't heroes yet in the original there were certain hobbes that could use magic. I'm sure there are other enemies who also use magic.